Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Danny Drinkwater

Guessing despite the fact he never makes the squad, Chelsea can’t let him go before they replace Cesc as they’d be light in an injury crisis? 

If not then it’s a long time between bid going on and decisions being made... which could point to it being a permenant deal? Wonder if we’re writing off some of what they owe? 

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Guessing despite the fact he never makes the squad, Chelsea can’t let him go before they replace Cesc as they’d be light in an injury crisis? 

If not then it’s a long time between bid going on and decisions being made... which could point to it being a permenant deal? Wonder if we’re writing off some of what they owe? 

Danny would stay want the pay packet he was being given there, we'd be stupid giving him that so they'd probably pay a percentage of his pay packet aswell

Very much against this. For the last few months he was with us he was either injured or playing poorly, passing only backwards and sideways, and looking angry all the time.

Then came his push to move at the last minute, dropping us in the shit and leading to the Silva fiasco. If he comes back he’ll presumably be paid more than most of the rest of the squad. He hasn’t played much in the last 18 months, so who knows what he’s like now.

I very much respect what he did for us the the title season, but this would be a huge retrograde step for us. The club should make an example of him to show anyone else wanting to leave for glory that it is a risky proposition that could easily backfire.

Edit: Having said all that I’d have Mahrez back in a heartbeat.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

10 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Very much against this. For the last few months he was with us he was either injured or playing poorly, passing only backwards and sideways, and looking angry all the time.

Then came his push to move at the last minute, dropping us in the shit and leading to the Silva fiasco. If he comes back he’ll presumably be paid more than most of the rest of the squad. He hasn’t played much in the last 18 months, so who knows what he’s like now.

I very much respect what he did for us the the title season, but this would be a huge retrograde step for us. The club should make an example of him to show anyone else wanting to leave for glory that it is a risky proposition that could easily backfire.

Agree with this post regarding Drinkwater, but you can have Mahrez, I’ll take Kante lol 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Get him back ffs. Stop messing around. Get him back in a two with Ndidi, or in a three when away from home, with Ndidi and Hamza. Just get it done Claude!

It would take the rest of the season to get him match fit! And he’s hardly what we want long term so it would be a pointless signing!

Just now, elvisfmcfly said:

It would take the rest of the season to get him match fit! And he’s hardly what we want long term so it would be a pointless signing!

I think that’s a long term plan tbf. Spend the rest of this season teeing up next season. Hamza, Drinkwater and Ndidi are good options in centre mid imo.

15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Financially a great career move for him.

For footballing reasons, an absolute disaster.

In footballing terms, it's been an absolute tragedy. I can remember he scored one brilliant goal for Chelsea but he's become the forgotten man of English football. It's such a shame because he worked so hard to get to pinnacle of the game only for it to all crumble away. 

• Sad 1

On 20/01/2019 at 06:55, WigstonWanderer said:

Why would it be a retrograde move for us?

Out midfield is utter shit at the moment and has no one who can pass the ball forward.

He can't be any less creative than Ndidi or Mendy.

15 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Out midfield is utter shit at the moment and has no one who can pass the ball forward.

Despite fond memories, there is no indication he could recapture his form, and seems to have regressed at Chelsea. More creative is probably true, but at the cost of other aspects.

As a short term loan move it makes sense to try and rekindle what he once did for us, especially as Silva is likely to be going and no long term solution on the horizon. If it doesnt work out, then he goes back to Chelsea and we regroup in the summer. It is a real problem for us and Puel. If he can help break just a few crap teams down at home then the pressure will ease on Clause and who knows what that will do for his future and his vision at Leicester. 

Wow, I cant believe how positive I've been there on Claude.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

For all the things I mentioned in my post. I agree that we need someone for the reasons you outline, but not him.

50 minutes ago, MPH said:

could he be slightly higher up the pecking order with Fabregas moving on? could this tempt him to stay?

No I don’t think so. He’s simply not in the managers plans. There’s been a few clubs in for him apparently.