Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Danny Drinkwater

Just now, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Don’t be silly, you’re speaking as if he is his late 30’s..... He is still quality and will still be training to a high level, playing with far superior players too. N’didi and Mendy are average, completely and utterly average. N’didi is worth hanging onto because of his age and defensive capabilities, however, Mendy is another passenger, Drinkwater and N’didi would be a better partnership than him and Mendy. For me it’s a complete no brainier. 

What are you judging that on? He's barely played since leaving us. 

I love Drinky I really do, I’m fact I’d have him up there with Steve Thompson and Neil Lennon as my all time favourite City midfielders but from what I’ve heard we basically ruinned him playing him through injury in the Champions league campaign, I’m fact i believe he was having injections in his hips just to play through the pin barrier.

• Like 1

A Drinky style cm is exactly what we need. Someone who has that long pass in him and can control the middle allowing Mendy/Ndidi/Choudhury (whoever plays as the other 2) to do what they do best...win the ball back. When we have this a midfield 3 will work the in the puel system and be more effective.  We're too slow at getting the ball to Maddison and the wingers which makes Maddison especially look poor at the moment. We have become far too predictable and this is why we can't open up teams that just sit back. Having a deep lying playmaker allows that little bit of unpredictability and to get the ball forward a lot quicker. We pull teams around okay, but it's too slow getting forward because no one can punch a ball with accuracy quickly. Having Barnes, Maddison, Vards up front is good, but if the build up play is too slow then the space and the opportunities are not there. But I would say we would also need a big striker for a plan B option. 

But do I think we should re-sign Drinky? Maybe not (injury prone, not played, not match for etc..) but he can't be the only one out there that can play that role...surely?!!!!

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

I love Drinky I really do, I’m fact I’d have him up there with Steve Thompson and Neil Lennon as my all time favourite City midfielders but from what I’ve heard we basically ruinned him playing him through injury in the Champions league campaign, I’m fact i believe he was having injections in his hips just to play through the pin barrier.

I noticed a dramatic change in Drinky’s mobility during the UCL campaign. He was brilliant at the beginning of the 16-17 season, but something went wrong. This makes perfect sense. 

No interest in this at all - just like Drinkwater's attitude to playing football over the last year and a half. Injuries have niggled at him, he let his chance of an England recall go and has barely kicked a ball ever since leaving us.

It's a mentality thing, isn't it? Anyone hoping for 2015/16 Drinkwater will be horrified - there's no motivation to come back here and do well again. He's on massive wages and hasn't been arsed about playing for a while now. When he has played, he's been garbage. No thanks.

2 minutes ago, JB_Fox said:

No interest in this at all - just like Drinkwater's attitude to playing football over the last year and a half. Injuries have niggled at him, he let his chance of an England recall go and has barely kicked a ball ever since leaving us.

It's a mentality thing, isn't it? Anyone hoping for 2015/16 Drinkwater will be horrified - there's no motivation to come back here and do well again. He's on massive wages and hasn't been arsed about playing for a while now. When he has played, he's been garbage. No thanks.

And you know this how?

• Like 3

his last season at Leicester was poor! I was at every home game and saw week in week out side ways, back passes and pinging balls over the top and out of play every time. His time his up due to injuries and should be working his way down the leagues. Instead Leicester want an injury prone player past his best when we’re at a stage where we should be signing players like loftus cheek! Show some ambition Leicester!! 

30 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

his last season at Leicester was poor! I was at every home game and saw week in week out side ways, back passes and pinging balls over the top and out of play every time. His time his up due to injuries and should be working his way down the leagues. Instead Leicester want an injury prone player past his best when we’re at a stage where we should be signing players like loftus cheek! Show some ambition Leicester!! 

We were poor for that entire year, the entire team played poorly.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

He was one of our best players in a woeful league campaign, you can’t use that season to reason anything.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Very few, if any of that team came out of that year having played well. Maybe Ndidi, but the rest of them were a shambles throughout the year, you can't call out individuals when the entire team was poor

Agreed, we ended up with #YB29 at CB ? although Drinky was one of the better performers for the first part in my opinion

• Haha 1

Can call him out when he’s the individual in question coming back! He wasn’t our best player! No one was worthy of that title. It doesn’t surprise me leicester fans want him back. But he’s a poor player now, and we should enjoy the profit we made. Not waist it on bringing him back. They’ll be a stupid clause where we have to sign him permanently for £15m come the summer. Aswell as a £2m loan fee. Put it towards loftus cheek.

Edited by Heymister2015