Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Danny Drinkwater

On 14/01/2019 at 19:57, vanity said:

The insane thing is that if Puel could modify his outlook, he might be an outstanding manager. He has a number of positive attributes. He is a program builder. He seems to not only enjoy working with young players, but he is good at it. He has the balls to play these young players. He makes strong in-game adjustments. His staunch belief that we will be better off in the long-run adding a variety of playing styles so as to have the solution for all situations is objectively correct -- of course it is better to strive to be very good at several styles of play rather than remaining very good at one so long as the other team sets up properly and takes the initiative for us to exploit them. Etc. Etc.

There are a number of reasons I am a Puel-in guy, but I am starting to waver, and it is due to the stubborness, the seeming inability to motivate these players to give consistent effort, the naive belief that his preferred DMs can quickly trigger the attack by accurately and quickly getting the ball forward (how many fuching times does he have to stand screaming on the sidelines to move the ball fwd more quickly before he realizes these players cannot do what he wants?), his position that he'd rather buy and train a new striker himself over the summer when we need a back-up NOW, as we have only one effective striker who will be hampered by a groin injury the remainder of the season and oh by the way that striker is not good at playing against teams that park the bus and he isn't the presence in the air or with his hold up play as a distributor to help much in breaking down teama when they play like Southampton did 2H Saturday... I mean Claude, you need to get a striker who knows how to play your style or your @$$ is getting the sack, come the F on. 

And yeah, there are way more problems with him, and they all seem to revolve around his stubborness. I mean, he is so dogmatic and isolated in his role w the club, come on mate, evolve, talk to the fans through the media, give us more explanation for the chopping and changing and in-game adjustments after the fact when it is no longer sensitive and maybe we won't be so frustrated we demand your firing. This is 2018, if you are losing to relegation fodder and telling us to adjust our ambition when we can all do the math and see we could be top-6 right now if we had beaten the crap clubs in the bottom half of the table, when you got fuching fired from your last coaching job for the exact same thing (acting like an imperious d-bag) ... just fuching figure it out Claude. Stop self-sabotaging and figure it out.

I just think there is a bit of history with players getting up and motivated when they choose to or not, including DD. Manager inevitably gets the blame..and sack.

55 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It'd be fairly typical of us to get a great deal on an out of form, injury prone player to then only go and ruin that by signing the same player back and having another crock in the squad for 4 years.

If he comes for half the price you could consider that he's paid for himself?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

It'd be fairly typical of us to get a great deal on an out of form, injury prone player to then only go and ruin that by signing the same player back and having another crock in the squad for 4 years.

This could mean 'typical' in the sense that we repeatedly sell out of form, injured players for a lot of money, but then buy them back and they immediately get crocked. I don't think you're saying this (sadly that's just hunch - not because it's empirically untrue).

Is there anything else the club could do (a couple more Prem title wins perhaps?) to make you and the other 'typical Leicester' brigade think it's not a joke?

Edited by turtmcfly

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Kind of reminded me of Waghorn when i read that. Obviously not injury prone but you get what i'm thinking.

7 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

This could mean 'typical' in the sense that we repeatedly sell out of form, injured players for a lot of money, but then buy them back and they immediately get crocked. I don't think you're saying this (sadly that's just hunch - not because it's empirically untrue).

Is there anything else the club could do (a couple more Prem title wins perhaps?) to make you and the other 'typical Leicester' brigade think it's not a joke?

I'd say we have a fairly interesting track record with transfers in recent years

Stumble upon a world class midfielder amd unfortunately have a release clause.

Break our record transfer on multiple flops.

Sign and register a player outside of the transfer window.

I could absolutely see us ruining a good bit of  business in this way :D

If this were to happen, I can see the sales of rope and razor blades increasing dramatically in Leicestershire.  Please LCFC move forward as 2015/2016 is history.

Drinky is more than a player for us - I see him as part of the fabric of the club. A key member of the most successful spell in our history and clearly a pivotal and influential character in the dressing room.

Danny is always reliable and ‘if’ he’s fit, a player who will push to make the England squad. Unfortunately it’s quite a big ‘if’ in terms of fitness.

I still think we desperately need a good passer of the ball and DD has/had a phenomenal understanding with Vards. 

It might not be the best signing ever, but I reckon it could actually work out very well.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, that was then and this now. I am totally unconvinced he can recapture that level of form. Especially as that level was gone before he left for Chelsea.

Think the more worrying part is those on here wanting him back not to improve the team but hoping it goes pear shaped so they can moan about it. Our infrastructure was good enough to win us the league so if the ladies & gentlemen think he can come back at an acceptable level well why not

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

If this were to happen, I can see the sales of rope and razor blades increasing dramatically in Leicestershire.  Please LCFC move forward as 2015/2016 is history.

Just not gilette branded razor blades.

#goodmendontneedtobepreachedtocanthisgetanylongerthatswhatshesaid