Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Danny Drinkwater

7 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think it's unfair to say he moved just for the cash and is a financial mercenary. His stock was high and he had the chance to play for a top 5 team. He knew that chance may not come again. If it had worked out he would be in the England engine room, rather than bloody Henderson/Dier.

I don't get all the anti DD sentiment. He was a 110% for the club when he played. Even when others were jogging at 70%

I love Drinky and dont think there was ever a time that he didnt work at 100% for us... but i dont think he ever was 100% Leicester

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Agreed. Fans seem to live in a bubble where every player for Leicester should be loyal even when the big names come shouting.

There were many reasons for Drinkwater to move (similar to Mahrez too). Do I fault them, no. They were fairly professional about it, gave 100% for us while they played.

Drinkwater was offered more money, better prospects (potential for England recognition, European football etc) and playing for a big club.

I'd like to see how many of those saying he jumped ship and treated LCFC like cr4p would turn down a better job offer if they were offered it? Let's say you work for a company that pays a decent enough wage but has no real personal development prospects, comfortable. Then an offer comes in from a big company paying you a lot more, offering personal development/training and bolsters your CV. Like they would turn that down!

Drinkwater took a gamble and it backfired. He has to deal with the consequences now, not us.

Great post.

Drinkwater made the right decision moving, all we can offer him is mid table football. In hindsight he probably wished he stayed but he would have regretted not testing himself at a higher level so at least he's not going to die wondering. The chance to also potentially link up with Kante when they complimented each other perfectly and were the best CM pairing in the league. 

I can't hate on Danny after he signed for peanuts, won us a title and we sold him for an astronomical sum of £35m when he was already on a downturn due to injuries. A great servant to our club. 

• Like 4

Genuinely hope he's got good people around him looking out for him. I hate all this £20230169 a week crap, it's the same with people who don't understand why Andy Murray cry's about retiring.

Football (or sport) are all these people have and all they've ever known. It's not like Danny can turn round tomorrow and run a FTSE company to try and earn the same amount of cash he's on now! 

He'll be well aware he made a mistake moving to Chelsea, and whilst the money helps him maintain a lifestyle, it wont be fulfilling him. He's literally lost 2 years of a promising career and is now going to spend another 6 months not kicking a ball... not even playing for their U23's!

I actually think he still believes he can make it at Chelsea, which shows his determination. If he genuinely thought he couldn't he would have fought to leave. 

Fingers crossed he either gets some game time and proves everyone wrong, or gets to leave in the summer to an upper mid table side and gets to enjoy the last few years of his career. 

4 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

No sympathy whatsoever, he was off like a greyhound out the trap.He pursued the 30 pieces of silver and it's not worked out......Life can be like that! 

Don't really get all this " he went for the money" stuff, there are some very bitter people on here.

One of the best teams in the country saw fit to to buy him and he backed himself to make an impact. To suggest it's all about money is laughable, this isn't some tin pot Chinese club we are talking about here.

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 12.07.04.png

• Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Don't really get all this " he went for the money" stuff, there are some very bitter people on here.

One of the best teams in the country saw fit to to buy him and he backed himself to make an impact. To suggest it's all about money is laughable, this isn't some tin pot Chinese club we are talking about here.

**** chelsea. list their achievements without stolen gas money. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Why on earth do you feel the need to post all this rubbish? I think most of us know CFC pedigree and history.For whatever reason, money , glory, prestige, England career he went he was good for us crap for them we got top dollar for a player we all thought had peaked so let’s move on and appreciate what we have now coming through the ranks .

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

Why on earth do you feel the need to post all this rubbish? I think most of us know CFC pedigree and history.For whatever reason, money , glory, prestige, England career he went he was good for us crap for them we got top dollar for a player we all thought had peaked so let’s move on and appreciate what we have now coming through the ranks .

I'd imagine for the same reason you have, it's a football forum for people to comment on things, hence me commenting on something. Shock.

Clearly people don't know their pedigree if they think he could only have gone for the money.

7 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I think it's unfair to say he moved just for the cash and is a financial mercenary. His stock was high and he had the chance to play for a top 5 team. He knew that chance may not come again. If it had worked out he would be in the England engine room, rather than bloody Henderson/Dier.

I don't get all the anti DD sentiment. He was a 110% for the club when he played. Even when others were jogging at 70%

Totally agree. DD is a legend and he made a totally understandable decision to join Chelsea. It didn’t work out and I am gutted for him. He deserves the best and he was integral to our Championship and Premiership winning sides.

I hope he ends up settling in the area like Muzzy Izzet and other members of our late 1990s sides. DD has earned our respect and the fact that he moved to Chelsea doesn’t detract from that.