Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Danny Drinkwater

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Get him back.  He left so what hes not your wife hes a professional footballer. 

I don't think that is the reason people don't want him back.

More so, the fact he has suffered with injuries since he left us and not played for over a year! 

He would need 15 games just to get back up to speed and even then, I'm not sure we would ever get the player he was for us. 

He should go on loan to someone like Fulham or Cardiff or even Villa, and prove he can still offer a Premier League team something.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

I don't think that is the reason people don't want him back.

More so, the fact he has suffered with injuries since he left us and not played for over a year! 

He would need 15 games just to get back up to speed and even then, I'm not sure we would ever get the player he was for us. 

He should go on loan to someone like Fulham or Cardiff or even Villa, and prove he can still offer a Premier League team something.

I fully agree, a fully fit drinky yes not fit best go florest.

43 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Sarri plays Kante as an attacking mid, he's an idiot..

True.

What he says about Drinks isn’t too far off the mark though in saying he’s good in a 442 but arguably he’s not an attacking mid or a defensive mid more a central mid If you play a central mid and Sarri is saying he doesn’t.... I think he’s wrong about Kante though - it’s good he is being developed into being able to execute a more forward style of play but what I’d give to have him back in the system that Puel plays right now! Danny though I can’t see him fitt8ng in to 4231 maybe centrally in 433 but then it would have to be perhaps a more 4213 with DD sat in front of this wanky double pivot bullshite.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

True.

What he says about Drinks isn’t too far off the mark though in saying he’s good in a 442 but arguably he’s not an attacking mid or a defensive mid more a central mid If you play a central mid and Sarri is saying he doesn’t.... I think he’s wrong about Kante though - it’s good he is being developed into being able to execute a more forward style of play but what I’d give to have him back in the system that Puel plays right now! Danny though I can’t see him fitt8ng in to 4231 maybe centrally in 433 but then it would have to be perhaps a more 4213 with DD sat in front of this wanky double pivot bullshite.

The problem with trying to develop kante into a more attacking midfielder is that you basically lose kante and what he does best

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

The problem with trying to develop kante into a more attacking midfielder is that you basically lose kante and what he does best

Agreed. What I’m sort of saying is when he does play back in the position he’s most effective he’ll likely have an extra string to his bow, so to speak!

Disaster for Drinkwater, not playing all season despite being fit.

No one will pay his huge wages, no one will pay anything like what they paid for him so he's effectively stuck there.

He'll end up on loan somewhere next season with Chelsea heavily subsidising his wages, but who would sign a player who hasn't played in a year?

Edited by Tuna

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

No one will pay his huge wages, no one will pay anything like what they paid for him so he's effectively stuck there.

He'll end up on loan somewhere next season with Chelsea heavily subsidising his wages, but who would sign a player who hasn't played in a year?

Oh well, never mind. Got many pound notes which is all he cared about when he shat on our doorstep and rocked up in the big smog. 

Pretty clear in his mind he saw the premier league win as the pinnacle for him and after the offer of big money has struggled to motivate himself to do anything other than take his pay packet.

Its easy to sit here and take the moral high ground and spout on about how priledged he is to play football and earn a crazy wage but he’s human. 

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Pretty clear in his mind he saw the premier league win as the pinnacle for him and after the offer of big money has struggled to motivate himself to do anything other than take his pay packet.

Its easy to sit here and take the moral high ground and spout on about how priledged he is to play football and earn a crazy wage but he’s human. 

Honestly, do you blame him to move from what we paid him to 120k a week? 

He made such a massive career f#ckup with the move for an extra 30k, thinking hed win more trophys.. he was unbelievable on the title season.. sometimes thought he was possessed by pirlo. Such a shame greed and over ambition brought this shamebles o. I hope future lcfc players learn from this mistake. Grass in not greener.

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

That's his problem really if he was to leave Chelsea then he would be on a lot less than what he was on here never mind Chelsea.

6 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I really don’t see why a loan with a. Option to buy would be a bad idea. If it’s old DD we win, if it’s nit we send him back. However , id prefer to play Hamza anyway. 

He’s on obscene and wages and by the time he’d be fit (should he stay thst way), the season would have concluded.

We’ve made the right choice. He did not.

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Like 3