Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Danny Drinkwater

48 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

They're trolling us again lol

Screenshot_20190127_113635.jpg

As someone in marketing, i've never understood why the club don't make more of the comments/feedback on this site... it's an absolute ****ing goldmine. I genuinely don't think they're trolling us... in fact i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bother looking at this place at all. If they did, the content and comms would have improved years ago!

Either that or they're just absolutely terrible at it... i'd spend a week on here researching if I got the gig to head up the digital team, it would write the marketing plan for a year no trouble lol 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

As someone in marketing, i've never understood why the club don't make more of the comments/feedback on this site... it's an absolute ****ing goldmine. I genuinely don't think they're trolling us... in fact i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bother looking at this place at all. If they did, the content and comms would have improved years ago!

Either that or they're just absolutely terrible at it... i'd spend a week on here researching if I got the gig to head up the digital team, it would write the marketing plan for a year no trouble lol 

It'd take them a week to find the "goldmine" after wading through the crap :D

Maybe they're replaying these old screamers to condition  the idea of resigning him 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, weller54 said:

Is the 1611 the number of sideways and backward passes they average per match together?.. 

Or is it because they're both completely knackered by 4.11pm? 

Very optimistic. They’re both knackered by 16 minutes and 11 seconds. 

But that’s ok because we’d have the Lord on our side. 

Don't want him back.

He had delusions of grandeur.

He actually thought he was one of the reasons we won the League -Not taking a ride on the back of Kante Mahrez Vardy and Huth.

(Fuche Allbrighton and Wes and Kasper also played a more active part and even Simson to some extent) .

He was far from integral and just in the right club at the right time.

No better than Mende or Ndidi- drinkwater has nothing to offer us.

Wasn’t there a quite a bit of concern within lcfc about his knees or his back or something? Didn’t he often play with painkillers and I thought as a result it was a good sale. 

I personally think it’s a decent loan since he has everything to prove. I’m not sure it’s a good move to stick him on a lucrative contract so he can relax. 

We do need a bit more competition and Vardy would love a bit of DD back. 

I'm on the fence about whether he'd be a good buy or not, but some of the comments on here about not wanting him back because he was "disloyal" and has "made his bed" are just pure lol.

We wouldn't be offering him a sympathy shag FFS, it'd be because the management think he could do a job for us. Do people not realise that?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Wasn’t there a quite a bit of concern within lcfc about his knees or his back or something? Didn’t he often play with painkillers and I thought as a result it was a good sale. 

I personally think it’s a decent loan since he has everything to prove. I’m not sure it’s a good move to stick him on a lucrative contract so he can relax. 

We do need a bit more competition and Vardy would love a bit of DD back. 

Wasn't it his hip and he was over compensating with other body parts and causing more injuries?

Could totally be wrong however.

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Wasn't it his hip and he was over compensating with other body parts and causing more injuries?

Could totally be wrong however.

You’re probably right. I know there was an issue they didn’t want to label as ‘chronic’ but it sounded like it might be that way. I suppose he passed his Chelsea medical though. 

Would still I’ll take him on a short sharp loan. 

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I'm on the fence about whether he'd be a good buy or not, but some of the comments on here about not wanting him back because he was "disloyal" and has "made his bed" are just pure lol.

We wouldn't be offering him a sympathy shag FFS, it'd be because the management think he could do a job for us. Do people not realise that?

I've said it before but sad little football men get butt-hurt like Drinkwater is an ex-girlfriend who burnt them personally when he left. 

All of the good times and good things he did whilst here go out the window because he's now a traitor, a deserter, a gold-digger, etc.

Further shown by the joy people get from him not getting game-time and making 'Danny Bench-warmer' jokes instead of being happy to see one of our most dedicated players succeed at what is realistically, the next level up.

Doubt many on here wouldn't take a job at a bigger company on more money if they believed in themselves and wanted to test themselves and earn more at the same time. 

But hey, that's the hypocritical, faux outrage world we're living in now, unfortunately. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

Don't want him back.

He had delusions of grandeur.

He actually thought he was one of the reasons we won the League -Not taking a ride on the back of Kante Mahrez Vardy and Huth.

(Fuche Allbrighton and Wes and Kasper also played a more active part and even Simson to some extent) .

He was far from integral and just in the right club at the right time.

No better than Mende or Ndidi- drinkwater has nothing to offer us.

Sorry that’s just nonsense. Every member of that 11/squad overall was integral to us winning the league. Some of his balls through to Vardy ie WBA away were sublime. Leo wasn’t ‘integral’ that season but he had the balls to take on that penalty against West Ham. Just because he left for Chelsea doesn’t diminish his contribution to our greatest achievement. 

• Like 1