Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Danny Drinkwater

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Load of bs

Ndidi is in the team to win the ball back and break up play.

guess what he has made 69 tackles 

mendy 29

so one person is doing that job double as effectively as the other.

So what does Mendy offer that isn’t replaceable it isnt tackling and it is not passing the ball forward.

Ndidi is noticeably further forward than Mendy. He typically breaks up play whereas Mendy sweeps behind as the anchor man and recycles the ball, which he's done very well in the main.

That's not saying Ndidi couldn't do a similar role to Mendy as well or even better. It's just that it's not really working out placing responsibility on Ndidi to support the attack when he's not that good on the ball. Just to iterate that I really rate Ndidi, but we're not getting the best out of hin in this role with this formation/these players.

I think Mendy gives us a calmness and maturity on the ball which is very welcome. We know he's capable of decent long range passing and he's good at closing down spaces. I'd argue he's one of the main reason our defense is better this year than last year. Obviously his last performance was a shocker, but I think that's the exception and not the norm.

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Mendy has failed to close down for three or four of the long range shots we've let in this season.

He's the first I'd drop out the three.

Fair enough. He has made mistakes this season and he seems most out of form of the three currently, so I would understand a rotation here.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Load of bs

Ndidi is in the team to win the ball back and break up play.

guess what he has made 69 tackles 

mendy 29

so one person is doing that job double as effectively as the other.

So what does Mendy offer that isn’t replaceable it isnt tackling and it is not passing the ball forward.

How many goals have we conceded outside the box when Wolf is supposed to be making these challenges and every time, when the shot is taken, Mendy can be seen trying to close down and wild can be seen sanding around. 

He may make more challenges but he's not making enough, Mendy isn't great on the ball but he's miles ahead of Ndidi and so far this season has shown more willingness to get around the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

How many goals have we conceded outside the box when Wolf is supposed to be making these challenges and every time, when the shot is taken, Mendy can be seen trying to close down and wild can be seen sanding around. 

He may make more challenges but he's not making enough, Mendy isn't great on the ball but he's miles ahead of Ndidi and so far this season has shown more willingness to get around the pitch. 

You can spell Ndidi, but not Wilf?

As for 'sanding around', I'll let @weller54 have his way with the 'grit' puns.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Wild sanding around? 

There's not a grain of truth in that!

9 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Wild sanding around? 

There's not a grain of truth in that!

Think this was in the space of a week,jogging around, nowhere near the ball. Showing no desire to get near the ball. 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If Mendy is all around the pitch and more willing that ndidi

please explain why this stat is again in Ndidis favour

touches

18. Wilfred Ndidi Leicester City
 Nigeria

70. Nampalys Mendy Leicester City
 France

Mendy is the weak link in the Midfield, Ndidi just seems to get more stick

• Haha 1

Got to agree with others on here that despite his effort, the first midfielder I’d bin to get a more creative one in is Papy Mendy. Ndidi has his faults but he’s a better tackler, quicker and is more likely to support the attack. Papy’s legs even look like they’ve been fitted so he has to pass it sideways! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

We were the shittest team I’ve ever seen for about 4 months of that season.

People hate Puelball, but they also forget how fuching helpless we were on the ball at that time. We didn't just play hoof-ball bc it played to Vardy's strengths -- we did it bc we couldn't get the bloody ball out of our own half against teams that pressed. It was far, far worse than what we saw this past Saturday.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, vanity said:

People hate Puelball, but they also forget how fuching helpless we were on the ball at that time. We didn't just play hoof-ball bc it played to Vardy's strengths -- we did it bc we couldn't get the bloody ball out of our own half against teams that pressed. It was far, far worse than what we saw this past Saturday.

It’s funny because what works is a mix of the two yet both were/are too stubborn to do something different, Puel more so than Ranieri, and that’s just plain bizarre.

Puel reminds me of Wenger where everyone can see what’s wrong other than him.

30 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s funny because what works is a mix of the two yet both were/are too stubborn to do something different, Puel more so than Ranieri, and that’s just plain bizarre.

Puel reminds me of Wenger where everyone can see what’s wrong other than him.

The insane thing is that if Puel could modify his outlook, he might be an outstanding manager. He has a number of positive attributes. He is a program builder. He seems to not only enjoy working with young players, but he is good at it. He has the balls to play these young players. He makes strong in-game adjustments. His staunch belief that we will be better off in the long-run adding a variety of playing styles so as to have the solution for all situations is objectively correct -- of course it is better to strive to be very good at several styles of play rather than remaining very good at one so long as the other team sets up properly and takes the initiative for us to exploit them. Etc. Etc.

There are a number of reasons I am a Puel-in guy, but I am starting to waver, and it is due to the stubborness, the seeming inability to motivate these players to give consistent effort, the naive belief that his preferred DMs can quickly trigger the attack by accurately and quickly getting the ball forward (how many fuching times does he have to stand screaming on the sidelines to move the ball fwd more quickly before he realizes these players cannot do what he wants?), his position that he'd rather buy and train a new striker himself over the summer when we need a back-up NOW, as we have only one effective striker who will be hampered by a groin injury the remainder of the season and oh by the way that striker is not good at playing against teams that park the bus and he isn't the presence in the air or with his hold up play as a distributor to help much in breaking down teama when they play like Southampton did 2H Saturday... I mean Claude, you need to get a striker who knows how to play your style or your @$$ is getting the sack, come the F on. 

And yeah, there are way more problems with him, and they all seem to revolve around his stubborness. I mean, he is so dogmatic and isolated in his role w the club, come on mate, evolve, talk to the fans through the media, give us more explanation for the chopping and changing and in-game adjustments after the fact when it is no longer sensitive and maybe we won't be so frustrated we demand your firing. This is 2018, if you are losing to relegation fodder and telling us to adjust our ambition when we can all do the math and see we could be top-6 right now if we had beaten the crap clubs in the bottom half of the table, when you got fuching fired from your last coaching job for the exact same thing (acting like an imperious d-bag) ... just fuching figure it out Claude. Stop self-sabotaging and figure it out.

• Like 1