Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

Give me 4-3-3 over 4-2-3-1 any day. Choudhury well worth his place in that three as well. He's been a big reason for our improvement in the last two games IMO. It's not just a case of feeling like we're carrying him a bit to get him some experience, he looks a legitimately good player for us. He offers that intensity that we've missed.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Give me 4-3-3 over 4-2-3-1 any day. Choudhury well worth his place in that three as well. He's been a big reason for our improvement in the last two games IMO. It's not just a case of feeling like we're carrying him a bit to get him some experience, he looks a legitimately good player for us. He offers that intensiteeeeee that we've missed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lesta blue said:

A loan move would be absolutely non sensical after these two great performances against top class opposition. You give your youngster a chance and he excels, then loan him out? 

Suggest you send an e-mail to Puel c/o KP Stadium giving your view..  

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Give me 4-3-3 over 4-2-3-1 any day. Choudhury well worth his place in that three as well. He's been a big reason for our improvement in the last two games IMO. It's not just a case of feeling like we're carrying him a bit to get him some experience, he looks a legitimately good player for us. He offers that intensity that we've missed.

He's made a big impact, really pleased for him.  This set of three DMs have been used to good effect against Chelsea and Man City and seems to be a tactic for facing the big clubs.  I just can't help wondering whether it would be a good idea to try Silva in this formation.  One more chance to show us something.

Hamza was outstanding yesterday. Just like Tuesday night he was everywhere - right place, right time. Was impressed by his composure on the ball and he showed defensive maturity beyond his years coming up against some top players. 

Was surprised Puel put Hamza in, I thought he'd go for Iborra and the experienced head so it was refreshing to see. To me Hamza seems more mobile than Iborra and that gives us much more defensive flexibility in CM and I thought that offered two big benefits yesterday. Firstly, it gave Mendy more time to play some longer balls (which he had good rep for back in France) and were able to find Albrighton/Ricardo and Maddison/Chilwell more regularly in more dangerous areas. Secondly, it gave Ndidi more licence to get forwards and support. Great decision to play him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Hamza was outstanding yesterday. Just like Tuesday night he was everywhere - right place, right time. Was impressed by his composure on the ball and he showed defensive maturity beyond his years coming up against some top players. 

Was surprised Puel put Hamza in, I thought he'd go for Iborra and the experienced head so it was refreshing to see. To me Hamza seems more mobile than Iborra and that gives us much more defensive flexibility in CM and I thought that offered two big benefits yesterday. Firstly, it gave Mendy more time to play some longer balls (which he had good rep for back in France) and were able to find Albrighton/Ricardo and Maddison/Chilwell more regularly in more dangerous areas. Secondly, it gave Ndidi more licence to get forwards and support. Great decision to play him.

Agreed, important and wise decision to include Choudhury yet folk still want Puel out, amazing!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

If we get some stupid fee for Ndidi, I’d take it and take a chance on Hamza. Looks the part and if anything seems to get more stuck in.

I was thinking he may end up better than Ndidi and he played better last match defensively: as many interceptions and more tackles. Both players play with intensity and energy but Hamza seems more positive somehow. But it seems Puel is trying to turn Ndidi into a box-to-box midfielder. It will take some time to see progress although he got away a very good shot last match and have a very good assist against Man City. With Hamza playing Ndidi's traditional role it may give Ndidi the space and time to improve his passing and possession game. And if not Hamza, albeit in two games, is looking very tidy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He was great again today!

Most importantly of all, he won the "battle of the affros" against Willian. Hamza's hair is longer and bouncier than Willian's mediocre attempt.

p197469.png p47431.png

Imagine if they had clashed heads. It would have taken hours to separate them lol lol lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I was thinking he may end up better than Ndidi and he played better last match defensively: as many interceptions and more tackles. Both players play with intensity and energy but Hamza seems more positive somehow. But it seems Puel is trying to turn Ndidi into a box-to-box midfielder. It will take some time to see progress although he got away a very good shot last match and have a very good assist against Man City. With Hamza playing Ndidi's traditional role it may give Ndidi the space and time to improve his passing and possession game. And if not Hamza, albeit in two games, is looking very tidy.

Interesting note about Ndidi, I’m just not sure he has it in him to become that player but would love to be proved wrong!

4 hours ago, murphy said:

He's made a big impact, really pleased for him.  This set of three DMs have been used to good effect against Chelsea and Man City and seems to be a tactic for facing the big clubs.  I just can't help wondering whether it would be a good idea to try Silva in this formation.  One more chance to show us something.

I think against say, Cardiff, you drop one of the three (and honestly, for me, Ndidi or Mendy) and put Maddison in there, with Gray coming in on the wing for now.

Gets Maddison more involved in the game and we need that, he's arguably our biggest talent.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I think against say, Cardiff, you drop one of the three (and honestly, for me, Ndidi or Mendy) and put Maddison in there, with Gray coming in on the wing for now.

Gets Maddison more involved in the game and we need that, he's arguably our biggest talent.

I was thinking perhaps for Cardiff go with Hamza, Mendy and Silva. Gives us more of an attacking threat and we would be able to see how he does in a 3.

Doubt it will happen though since he doesn't even make the bench

i think having other DMs on the pitch and the mentality of  a defensive mindset is a great environment to settle Hamza in and help him grow as a player. 2 in the middle and an attacking style of play would put a lot of pressure on him.

same style and 3 DMs- keep. two in the middle and attack attack - send him on loan.

11 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I was thinking perhaps for Cardiff go with Hamza, Mendy and Silva. Gives us more of an attacking threat and we would be able to see how he does in a 3.

By Cardiff they'll have played four games in two weeks. And three of those games will have been very defensive. I'd except to see Iborra or Silva or one benched at some point. Although not Ndidi and Hamza are young.

9 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

By Cardiff they'll have played four games in two weeks. And three of those games will have been very defensive. I'd except to see Iborra or Silva or one benched at some point. Although not Ndidi and Hamza are young.

I hope so, wouldnt mind seeing how either Iborra or Silva does in a 3 

@weller54 dont even think about commenting on the above you dirty old perv :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I don't think we will see Silva again. Reports saying he's accepted a wage cut to return to Sporting. 

35 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I hope so, wouldnt mind seeing how either Iborra or Silva does in a 3 

@weller54 dont even think about commenting on the above you dirty old perv :D 

lol lol lol only a 3?