Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Hamza

2 minutes ago, sm1 said:

His inclusion has completely changed the dynamic of the team. We matched Chelsea and Man City toe to toe and looked like the better team for large parts. I think Puel has finally found his best team and its all due to Hamza. Who would've thought

ahem!!!

People laughed when I said he was our next Kanté. The fact is he has the motor of N'Golo. The really clever thing that Puel has done though is to play him and Albrighton at the same time and all of a sudden we are the pressing team we need to be without the gaps appearing. Masterstroke by Claude.

With the attacking threat of Ricardo and Ben on the wings and the skill of Maddison in the pocket the real question now is whether Jamie is up to the task in the middle or do we need someone who can head a ball better for all these crosses. Of course the alternative is that Ricardo and Ben sling the ball in low but then we have to make sure there is room behind the defence for Jamie to exploit.

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No saying he's the same sort of player but he has a effect on the crowd in a similar way to Robbie Savage, he puts in a crunching challenge or chase a lost cause and it get the crowd going, which has a positive impact on the team.

I said something similar earlier. Has a similar effect to what Okazaki had for us in that he sets the tempo for a lot of the other players. There's something to be said for that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

Yet another superb performance from the lad he’s certainly giving CP a headache in team selections when he plays as well as he has in the last couple of games !!

would be unfair to drop the middle three for any reason other than exhaustion

9 hours ago, FIF said:

ahem!!!

People laughed when I said he was our next Kanté. The fact is he has the motor of N'Golo. The really clever thing that Puel has done though is to play him and Albrighton at the same time and all of a sudden we are the pressing team we need to be without the gaps appearing. Masterstroke by Claude.

With the attacking threat of Ricardo and Ben on the wings and the skill of Maddison in the pocket the real question now is whether Jamie is up to the task in the middle or do we need someone who can head a ball better for all these crosses. Of course the alternative is that Ricardo and Ben sling the ball in low but then we have to make sure there is room behind the defence for Jamie to exploit.

I wouldn’t mind to see Mendy replaced by Iborra and for the latter to roam forward more to play almost as a second striker to head the ball given his height - what he has done in Spain in the past. This way, Vardy can exploit the variety of plays that we can bring.

9 hours ago, sm1 said:

His inclusion has completely changed the dynamic of the team. We matched Chelsea and Man City toe to toe and looked like the better team for large parts. I think Puel has finally found his best team and its all due to Hamza. Who would've thought. 

I would be cautious about the ‘best team’ narrative. Against the best attacking teams, yes. But against the weaker opponents we will need an extra creative presence 

He was very good for a young lad, didn’t look out of place but was less effective on the wing than in the middle, but it gave the team more balance.

Interesting to see what Puel does for Cardiff do we need to rest players? Rotate? Only playing 60 mins today means HC should be fresh to start. How will he cope against weaker opposition when we have a lot more of the ball and need to unlock a stubborn defence with passing and probing.

Hamza has a decent pass on him but it's not his job to unlock the defences. By playing 3 midfielders we are freeing up Albrighton, Ricardo, Chilwell and Maddison to unlock the defences.