Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Ghezzal....

3 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

We paid about the same for him as Liverpool paid for Shaqiri , a proven Premier League player…. enough said.

The Shaqiri available cut price because of a relegation clause? Hardly a fair comparison price wise when his fee was artificially low, and he wouldn't have come here when Liverpool were interested

• Like 1

On 29/12/2018 at 17:15, Gevans_97 said:

This treatment of Ghezzal needs to stop. Made some good passes and lovely touches when he came on, created a great chance for himself and was unlucky not to score. 

What do people expect him to do, score a hat trick in 30 mins? 

He's not Mahrez. That's the problem. 

Monaco fans laughed when we signed him. After a couple of games French football outlets said he was ‘aimless’ and offers nothing... give him a chance, yes, but when he has started, he’s been awful. We have a real problem on our hands with wide men at the moment. Albrighton is the best but can’t utilise his crossing prowess when there’s one man in the box, Gray has no end product, not sure what Ghezzal is... Maddison might be better off out there and drift inside to offer a wingback space. Having said that who then plays number 10? 

Whatever happens, Puel or no Puel, not signing anyone January means we will continue with this hit and miss season.

25 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

We paid about the same for him as Liverpool paid for Shaqiri , a proven Premier League player…. enough said.

Shaqiri had a release clause for a certain amount, if he went for market value it would be 35 - 40 million.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Why does there always have to be a scapegoat? I wasn't at yesterday's game, but by all accounts, all our players were rancid. What is it with this weird obsession we have with picking out just one or two players for a kicking on FoxesTalk?

it's traditional.

then start a thread of hate about said player(s). then boo them to fcuk at the ground. it sorts em out good n propper.

low in confidence , theyl bang goals in left right and centre

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm starting to think I'd be a more effective winger and I can only run up and down the pitch once before I'd pass out through exhaustion.

Offers nothing, not really his fault he's not good enough but it goes to show the acquisitions at this club can be a total shambles. You have to sign 10 players to get 1 gem.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I'm starting to think I'd be a more effective winger and I can only run up and down the pitch once before I'd pass out through exhaustion.

Offers nothing, not really his fault he's not good enough but it goes to show the acquisitions at this club can be a total shambles. You have to sign 10 players to get 1 gem.

Never seen you play Rusko, but no you wouldnt. You'd be overweight, slow, unfit, ineffective and useless with the ball

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Benjamin for Heskey.

Ghezzal for Mahrez.

Replacing a quality player in a position with another rarely happens for us.

Nothing changes really.  lol

As for now and Ghezzal, he'd struggle to maintain a place in a top half Championship side imo.  Just not good enough, not his fault he was brought in, but we've been here before with countless other players and it rarely turns out for the better.

• Like 1

It seems he's in our 2 best chances in last match, the passing which led to that missed penalty, then decent off the ball movement which almost become a goal had it not bamba block him. 

And all what remembered is just he missed his dribbling which cause us a goal concede 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 80's fox said:

He's not Mahrez. That's the problem. 

Just because he's Algerian, stop liking him to Mahrez. He isn't as good as him and he never will be because Mahrez is world class. Get that into your craniums lads.

Edited by siraaj_lcfc

On 29/12/2018 at 17:13, GeorgeTheFox said:

Played one of the better passes of the day to send Maddison in for the penalty. More than Albrighton or Gray did today. Don't know why he has been chosen as the scapegoat

Absolutely, there were several bits of play that he did well on and produced more in a few minutes then the other two did all game IMO. Haven't seen the goal back to comment on that, but Maddison puts the pen away from his pass and it looks a great sub and we most probably win the game. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I don’t think he has been great, but I think he will improve as he has the technical ability.just needs game time. Swap with Barnes?

I agree with this give either Gray or gazzelle to WBA for the remainder of the season and take back Barnes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Deeney wouldnt even come to us when we had champions league football ffs

He would've definitely have come to us if the clubs had got their acts together.

As for Ghezzal, I will go against public opinion and say there's something in him. He hasn't done much for us admittedly but I think he has glimmers of quality. Might just take him a while to settle and/or play in a different system, maybe under a different manager.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Didn't many people on here say that Chilwell and Pereira weren't good enough when Puel persisted with them? Didn't they also groan and question his judgement when he put Mendy in the line up. Now, let's get a blank piece of paper and get all those that did, to write down their vast qualifications and football knowledge and experience on a CV and we can forward them to Rudkin for consideration of being the new manager. That should get us straight back into the Champions League, even without any transfer windows! Has it occurred to anyone that Ghezzal, Soyuncu and Choudhury's slow introductions might just be for a reason? Just because we don't know the full reasons and gossip and it doesn't meet with our approval, it doesn't make it wrong. Ghezzal isn't a Marhez replacement which would be a heavy burden for anyone to carry here. Is he even going to end up as a winger? We'll just have to see but in the meantime, let's not just slag him off like many did with Chilwell. And we wonder why players appear aloof these days and 'not loyal' to their clubs. After two fantastic performances which took a heavy toll, they lost a game at the death on Saturday against the run of play in a match that was always going to be a dirge before it had even stated.  They looked knackered and dejected. Their reward ... they got booed off the pitch. Happy New Year lads! 

30 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I agree with this give either Gray or gazzelle to WBA for the remainder of the season and take back Barnes.

Overall I think the club are best positioned to decide whether Barnes comes back or not. Personally I'd prefer him to continue there for the experience of games, win something and give him a positive lift to the start of his career before he comes back here hungry for more. His confidence in pre-season would be at its height. Although we could do with him, we don't need him. We're not going to finish in the top 6 this year and get into Europe because we're simply not good enough due to the poor quality of our squad. This can hopefully be addressed somewhat in the summer and we can start next season 8n a better shape. Anyone looking at our squad of misfits at the start of the season and thought otherwise had probably caught those delusions of grandeur that Pearson warned us about ? I'd also suggest at this stage of development with young players, a spot in a second tier European competition this year is the last thing we need.

I quite like Ghezzal. Yes he's slow, one-footed, and is yet to adapt to the physicality of the Premier League (although that will improve with game time), he's technically good, and suited to Puel's 4231.

For home games against weaker teams that sit deep, where the creative players are expected to create something in a congested area, he's far better suited than Albrighton and especially Gray. I would have preferred him to have started against Cardiff instead of Gray. 

I like Adrien Silva too, technically good, always looking for the quick forward pass, and playing those little triangle passes with the likes of Maddison and Ricardo that'll open teams up. I still think our best performance, not result, of the season was Man Utd away and Silva was central to that.  He just needs a run of games to get his fitness up and adapt to the league. To me he seems a player that would fit Puel's system perfectly, but hasn't had a look in. Very strange.