Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Newport away

6 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

We should be able to rest players and still field a team good enough to win. 

‘Should’ is a wonderful word.  Leave nothing to chance. Very strong team as there is a long enough gap until we play Southampton.

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

‘Should’ is a wonderful word.  Leave nothing to chance. Very strong team as there is a long enough gap until we play Southampton.

I’ll stand by original statement thank you. 

• Haha 1

I'd go for

Ward

Simpson

Soyuncu

Morgan

Fuchs

Silva

Choudhury

Iborra

Maddison

Iheanacho

Gray

Give Albrighton, Vardy, Ndidi, Mendy, Ricardo and Chilwell a rest after a hectic christmas period but have Vardy, Albrighton and Ricardo on the bench in case they're needed

16 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I'd go for

Ward

Simpson

Soyuncu

Morgan

Fuchs

Silva

Choudhury

Iborra

Maddison

Iheanacho

Gray

Give Albrighton, Vardy, Ndidi, Mendy, Ricardo and Chilwell a rest after a hectic christmas period but have Vardy, Albrighton and Ricardo on the bench in case they're needed

I’d back this however I reckon he’s going to bring back the Silva Iborra partnership

and include Diabate.

2 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Strong team please

i am desperate for Leicester to win the FA Cup at some point

Would really love us to have a proper go this season

Ditto. Been 50 long long long long long years since the last final. We've had our chances in the meantime, but always messed up. 

Please, please play a strong team, not like Fleetwood last year when we could have easily lost. 

If Puel wants to convert the doubters here's his chance to show he understands that this is an important competition in our history, although I accept many younger fans were not around when we used to take this cup seriously. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see changes as certain players are in need of a rest (Chilwell, Ricardo especially) but also go as strong as we can. If there are young players available, such as Ndwuku (is Darnell Johnson out on loan!?), then I'd be tempted to chuck them in too.

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Before we all get too carried away last season they were within 10 minutes of knocking out Spurs who played a pretty strong team that day and required an 82nd minute Kane goal to earn a replay.

Let's not mess around playing reserve teams and just play our best possible team.

I had forgotten that...

Ward

Simpson (Johnson if Simpson goes) 

Knight

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Iborra

Silva (Dewsbury-Hall if Silva is gone) 

Albrighton (Barnes if he's back) 

Callum Wright 

Gray

Nacho

I'm desperate to see some of our youth players coming through and I've been impressed with the ones I've mentioned and mixed with the first teamers should be enough to get through. 

Edited by cal21212121

Honestly, even with a reasonable gap until Southampton you simply shouldn't need to field a full-strength team to beat a League 2 side.  Simpson, Morgan, Caglar and Fuchs in the back.  Silva, Iborra, Gray and Diabate in the middle, Okazaki and Nacho up top ought to be more than enough.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Strong team please

i am desperate for Leicester to win the FA Cup at some point

Would really love us to have a proper go this season

We could play that trash bag silva and still win against Newport.

Would be great to see some of the development squad included in this. Josh Knight has always stood out for me, and it's about time he had another chance to feature (seem to recall him coming on as a sub in the league cup a couple of seasons ago, but nothing since then?). Likewise it would be nice to see Dewsbury-Hall at least on the bench. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Ditto. Been 50 long long long long long years since the last final. We've had our chances in the meantime, but always messed up. 

Please, please play a strong team, not like Fleetwood last year when we could have easily lost. 

If Puel wants to convert the doubters here's his chance to show he understands that this is an important competition in our history, although I accept many younger fans were not around when we used to take this cup seriously. 

Sadly, I don't think any team takes it all that seriously any longer, it just doesn't have the same allure.

Like yourself, I remember the days when the third round draw was the most eagerly awaited event of the season and every kid could recite the past winners better than their times tables. Now, I can't even tell you who won it last year.

• Like 3