Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Newport away

8 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Throwback to the glory days. Wes, Simpson and Fuchs to start. 

I would go with this providing all 3 were fitted with DRS.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

That name terrifies me :sweating:

He's either decent or an absolute bomb scare 

He's not registered for the PL squad so I say we give him and Kingy this game and give them a chance to get themselves in the shop window a bit.

33 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's not registered for the PL squad so I say we give him and Kingy this game and give them a chance to get themselves in the shop window a bit.

Kingy in for sure, but would rather give Soy and Wes game time than Benny in all honesty.

It will be a nice learning experience for Soyuncu to be introduced to lower league English football and see how he gets on. Will the need the experience of Evans alongside him though.

Be nice for King to get a game but I don't know if its worth it if we're hoping to move him on. With Iborra and maybe Silva leaving could King be added to the Premier League squad in Jan?

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we don't rest our players against a League Two side, when can we?

When there's not our only remaining chance of silverware this season at stake. We've managed to rotate reasonably well over the past few weeks, so there's no reason we shoudn't put out a relatively strong side - even considering the quality of the opposition. I've got a horrible feeling it could be Fleetwood all over again (or worse) if we don't get it sewn up early.

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Why on  earth do people, want us to play loads of our best players in a game high will probably be on a poor surface against a side who will want to mix it. 

Having just played loads of games in a short space of time I hope Claude makes eleven changes!  If they aren’t good enough to get a win at Newport then they don’t deserve to be in the bloody squad! 

Btw, play king in the middle 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/newport-county/11594518/newport-0-0-crawley

The pitch is fine, pretty much all professional clubs have a decent surface all year round nowadays.

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

When there's not our only remaining chance of silverware this season at stake. We've managed to rotate reasonably well over the past few weeks, so there's no reason we shoudn't put out a relatively strong side - even considering the quality of the opposition. I've got a horrible feeling it could be Fleetwood all over again (or worse) if we don't get it sewn up early.

I hope we take the cup seriously but given its right out of the festive period and Newport are dog, I'd expect us to rotate heavily. 

King and Benny, no, but I'd chuck Diabate in with Ghezzal and Iheanacho. Okazaki at 10. Soyuncu, Fuchs, Simmo, etc. 

Wholesale changes without having to dredge the u23s. 

9 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Ward

Simpson   soy   evans    fuchs 

Hamza    Silva

Ghezzal    Iborra    Diabate 

Nacho 

Still love theFA cup and would really hope we can mount a decent challenge . If we can get through a couple of rounds the games against the bigger sides later in the tournament might be more winnable as CL commitments and title race hots up . Let’s put out a strong side and show the competition some respect 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Still love theFA cup and would really hope we can mount a decent challenge . If we can get through a couple of rounds the games against the bigger sides later in the tournament might be more winnable as CL commitments and title race hots up . Let’s put out a strong side and show the competition some respect 

There will be no problems there... im sure the squad would love to win this any year but especially this year for Khun Vichai

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we don't rest our players against a League Two side, when can we?

And risk a replay giving us more gametime anyway?

It's a tricky one. I wish I could trust us to beat these with a largely rested side but I've got visions now of Ghezzal and Iheanacho having shockers.

I wouldn't mind a couple of changes at all but that Fleetwood game sticks in my head a bit. Convinced making wholesale changes is just asking for trouble.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Benalouane isn’t going to put himself in any shop window in a game against Newport.