Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Newport away

22 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Would love this, but he's only just back training again isn't he, so probably a bit too soon. 

Weren’t too sure if he was fit or not, hopefully he gets a chance with the 1st team at some point because of the games I’ve seen of the 23’s he has been the stand out player

I've got no problem with making changes against lower league opposition, as long as you don't take the piss. 

I'd love a cup run and a team with 7/8 changes should easily be enough to beat Newport. We battered Peterborough last year with a team that looked weak on paper.

I'd start Ghezzal and Iheanacho as they need a bit of a boost.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ross-Kemp said:

Midfield 3 of:

Choudry

Silva

Iborra

Dewsbury-Hall on the bench please. 

Would be good to see another academy player. Puel's put a few on the bench already this season: Leshabela (filling in for Hamza) and Knight iirc. Since we're seemingly going down the Spurs route and promoting youth to the first team without loaning them out first, would be good to see one get some minutes.

38 minutes ago, Buce said:

Sadly, I don't think any team takes it all that seriously any longer, it just doesn't have the same allure.

Like yourself, I remember the days when the third round draw was the most eagerly awaited event of the season and every kid could recite the past winners better than their times tables. Now, I can't even tell you who won it last year.

That’s just you getting older though. Kids can still tell you who won what when. 

Their pitch was absolutely shit when they played Spurs last season if I'm remembering right, it totally ruined the game.

Claude's cup defeats have been to Chelsea in extra time and Man City twice on pens, but we always get people wetting the bed before every round. It'll be fine.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

That’s just you getting older though. Kids can still tell you who won what when. 

Cheeky git. lol

None of the ones I speak with can.  And the fact that clubs play weakened sides adds to my argument - there was a time when that just wasn’t done, the Cup was too well respected. 

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I've got no problem with making changes against lower league opposition, as long as you don't take the piss. 

I'd love a cup run and a team with 7/8 changes should easily be enough to beat Newport. We battered Peterborough last year with a team that looked weak on paper.

We also started with a similar team at fleetwood and had no shots on goal,

and then they hit the post in the last minute,

lets just go and get the job done early then make some changes 

Edited by Russell sprout
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ross-Kemp said:

Midfield 3 of:

Choudry

Silva

Iborra

Dewsbury-Hall on the bench please. 

Actually for this 1st round for us.....not a bad call,but if Silva is outward bound this Janurary....No use picking him,imo!!!

These rounds can bring more competitive,right and spirit than big teams expect...so we have across the team and bench,also 

players who find it difficult to "let go"....

My team,would look something like this..using Periera to see if he can play behind a front 2...also getting Maddison into the fray...

Ward

Soyuncu Morgan  Fuchs

Iborra

Ghezzy            Choudry

Maddison/Silva

Periera       Diabate/Gray

Nacho

Exact formation depends on preferences,and cover on the right hand side..

Would be nice if we stumble over a a midfield find of. Periera/Silva/Choudry,

With Iborra just in front of the defence....

Ndidi-Mendy-Maddison...have to be put under pressure and co.petition for places....

Even with the present squad...

Unlike some,I don't judge new players on this season....But Iborra/Silva in their 2nd season  ,decisions need to be made..

Simpson/Morgan have proved and reclaimed the right to be major coggs in our Squad,the forementioned 2 if not moved on in January,should still

be up for gameday squad consideration...and force themselves into the reckonning!!!

My team would be:

Ward

Simpson, Soyuncu, Morgan, Fuchs

Choudury Iborra 

Ghezzal Silva Gray

Nacho 

But i wouldn't mind a few from the academy to get a run out. In particular - Dewsbury Hall and Knight.

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

2 years ago.:thumbup:

Last year we got held by pissing Fleetwood.

3 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Yup,the kids still know their stuff...

Again the media and a few grumpy-stalwarts,will have you thinking otherwise...

But English teams are still miffed that Man Utd pulled out,plus their own fans...!!!

We get older,not always wiser,but perspectives change...plus more younger men are frit-shit of the female species...:whistle:

Daren't not let the women hear them,they are off to the match,or buying a dog...:rolleyes:

Look how crazy the fans from top clubs,and the minnoes,when the draw starts...in the old days it was all-hands to the radio!!

Simple home comforts winter-wind rushing through the windows,huddling around the table,after watching,Laramie,or Bob monkhouse!!!

A 1-2 hr window of high adrenalin......now, mobile phone apps,less stress,no rush!!  Recording every-shit possible,in a beautiful eco-house,

Warm n cosy,or out with the mrs,doing the last moment shopping,dipping into the New cafe,to look on the phone who we draw...

And everybody instantly knows...so no desperate fighting for snippets through tv-shop windows while it's pssing itdown,a nice warm shopping 

Mall...big screens everywhere,or the phone rings to tell you,from the fancy-sports app...

but some grumpy grandad  sitting alone,waiting around the radio...muttering away until his son comes in....telling grandad the draw,and

it's the micro-wave,not the radio ,the ol'man  is trying to tune!!!!.... 

And he's got.... loose women -forum  on his tablet,and not foxestalk-forum,cos this new fangled technic,ain't like it use to be!!!

Perspectives..perspectives and shat modern paraphanalia...:frantics:

My first football team was Newport County so looking forward to this.

Has been dry in south Wales for a while and think the forecast is for that to continue. Was rugby on the pitch a few days ago and it is close to the River Usk so doesn't drain that well. But should be OK if far from KP surface standards. 

The home support can be very vocal but we should quell that and get through comfortably enough with a reasonable line-up. 

Newport haven't won in their last 6 league matches. They were near the top in the 1st quarter of the season but are now mid table. Forest Green scored 4 goals in an away win at Newport recently. However, I won't be taking this lightly. Spurs almost got embarrassed by them last season before escaping with a replay. Newport will give it everything and it's important we go into this match with the right attitude. Anyone not happy about the pitch should realise it is actually much improved and it was horrendous a few seasons ago.