Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Basically we’ve got a squad thick as pig shit. 

We’ve always been at our best when you had a Huth or a Cambisso telling the players when to slow a game down or speed it up. Even players like Ulloa and Drinky were clever. We’ve admirably tried to bring thru lots of youngsters but that has to be tempted with having some intelligence there (cough Centre Midfield!). 

The scapegoating/recultance to pay/play Silva is getting annoying 

It's not simply about Silva, it's about adding more experience and maybe a bit more punch to a midfield that is bereft of ideas and/or creativity. Maddison can't and shouldn't carry all that weight on his shoulders.

Playing two defensive midfielders can be fine depending on the circumstances, but three?

If it all boils down to saving five million Euro, then it's mainly a financial issue, and not a sportive not to play him. Not that we couldn't afford paying that amount of money, mind.

Personally, I just think Silva was very hard done by. First the mess with the transfer, and now frozen out of the squad. Feel for him a little bit. Never heard any bad word about the guy, and he's become a pawn in a game of chess.

11 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Imagine if we had a player in midfield that could play those passes that the wolves lad was making for their goals? Mendy and Ndidi just prevent any kind of fast transition while offering very little in defense.

This should be the main priority for us this summer. Ndidi and Mendy should be vying for the same spot in the team, with another player slotting in next to them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Were people not just calling for entertainment, since yesterdays entertaining but losing game that now seems to have shifted (not saying you) to being "attacking football". 

Nobody on here seemed to care about us being attacking in the Chelsea or Man City games, they liked it because we won and the games were ultimately entertaining. 

Again, not saying you I know you were just addressing another post. I've just replied to you are you mentioned attacking and I can't be arsed to trawl the thread to fine the specific comments from people now shifting what they were asking for.

Yeah, I’ve never called for “just entertainment” and I find that logic quite strange.

I want us to be attack minded from the off, especially at home. Not just when we go behind. 

Edited by Ricey

3 hours ago, Ricey said:

We can’t play like that every week. There is no difference in what we attempted to do at 2-0 down against Wolves compared to being 2-0 down against Southampton. The difference is that Southampton parked the bus, whilst Wolves remained quite open and error prone.

We were attack-minded because we went 2-0 down. The team selection would suggest he was planning to play on the counter, not take it to them.

This reminds me so much of the 5-4 Spurs game last season. People got carried away that it was the dawn of a new attacking and exciting Leicester City. The fact is it was just an open game with a lot of poor defending that suited our attacking players.

I saw nothing yesterday to suggest we are going to be any better at breaking teams like Palace and Brighton down when they visit the KP in a few weeks.

Fair point. But I do think we played some decent stuff yesterday in between the poor passes and giving the ball away softly. 

Some of our attacking intent, even when Wolves dropped deep, looked so much better than against Southampton. Against the saints we just kept pumping the ball into the box with no one there. Yesterday we tried to break through, the ball for Simpsons dangerous cross, the slipped ball in for Barnes. The space created by runs and the cut back for Barnes' goal.  

It just seemed faster paced and more penetrative. I'm not getting my hopes up, as next game it will probably be 4-3-3 again. But the system we used yesterday has potential, incidentally a similar system we used in the Great escape. Although the wingers were kept deeper in that season. I think we should stick to it, I think we have much better potential playing that way, than the dull keep ball we've recently seen. 

It does require a disciplined top quality CDM though.

Has Wes been awarded with a new Contract on his 35th Birthday today?   Glen Johnson (34) announced his retirement today as he realized he can no longer match the pace of the EPL.

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Sloppy wasn't it? Just knew we were going to lose it. 

23 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just seen their 4th. What the actual fvck. Puel has a right to be livid, what the fvck are they playing at. 

Brain dead. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/complete-disgrace-wolves-winner-over-2449971

3 hours ago, Toddybad said:

As was pointed out to me, it's all about the phases, the phases! Never mind the fact he came back from an offside position. How's morgan supposed to track a player 10 yards offside as well as track an attacking move in front of him.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

As was pointed out to me, it's all about the phases, the phases! Never mind the fact he came back from an offside position. How's morgan supposed to track a player 10 yards offside as well as track an attacking move in front of him.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

I agree...we were outdone,by a hole/open get-out, in the rules....So let's do a Big-Sams Bolton..and use it to our advantage against L'pool...

Have Vardy/Gray on the flank,not interfering with play,being our fastest,should be able to turn to our advantage....then let's see how quick

the authorities react...but before then,we might of got a couple of smash n grab points ourselves.....:D

On 20/01/2019 at 11:58, MC Prussian said:

It's not simply about Silva, it's about adding more experience and maybe a bit more punch to a midfield that is bereft of ideas and/or creativity. Maddison can't and shouldn't carry all that weight on his shoulders.

Playing two defensive midfielders can be fine depending on the circumstances, but three?.

You’ve taken my comment about Silva too literal. I am getting increasingly frustrated at us playing two defensive midfielders woefully out of form whilst Silva sits doing naff all. The central two of Wolves; Moutinho and Neves sit deep but it doesn’t stop them launching decent balls going forward. We’ve have beat Wolves with ease on Saturday if you swapped one of CMs for one of theirs.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I agree...we were outdone,by a hole/open get-out, in the rules....So let's do a Big-Sams Bolton..and use it to our advantage against L'pool...

Have Vardy/Gray on the flank,not interfering with play,being our fastest,should be able to turn to our advantage....then let's see how quick

the authorities react...but before then,we might of got a couple of smash n grab points ourselves.....:D

If Leicester benefit from the rules they'd be changed ASAP.

Just like for diving and holding in the box we were made examples of.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

We did the same at Bournemouth. Slow defenders will always get shagged over in the EPL.    Hopefully a lesson has been learned by our coaching staff......

Nothing to do with pace (well it is if we want to keep playing a ridiculously high line.) If the centre backs had dropped 10 yards deeper with one of the central midfielders, mendy for example, filling the space left in front of them- Wes would’ve just stood and headed the ball away rather than being spun by Jota. Probably easier said than done, especially with such attacking fullbacks and a midfield as thick as ours, but it was horrendous to watch. We got let off twice with exactly the same Sunday league ball right over Wes’ head, we refused to alter our shape and probably deserved it. 

Easy to say oh if Wes was faster it would’ve been a different story but it’s not very often that you see stupidly high lines go unpunished, no matter who’s in centre half. Only other time we’ve been really done like that this year in similar fashion is the Bournemouth game, rest of the time we’ve been fairly solid defensively. Having watched the wolves game though I think it’s fair for city fans to question the game management of both the players and the manager though, you could see their last goal coming a mile off.