Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Youri Tielemans

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Basically this...

According to our information, an operation is currently under consideration to consider an exchange between Youri Tielemans (AS Monaco) and Adrien Silva (Leicester). AS Monaco continues its incredible winter transfer market. After finalizing the arrivals of Naldo, Ballo-Toure, Fabregas and this weekend Gelson Martins, the club of the Principality is still on other hot issues. As we revealed to you exclusively, the return of Leonardo Jardim has reactivated the Thiago Mendes track (LOSC). But the club must first send an extra-community player to advance on this point. In parallel, the fate of Yuri Tielemans is under study. Discussions in progress According to our sources, AS Monaco and Leicester are actively discussing a possible exchange between two players: Yuri Tielemans against Adrien Silva. No agreement exists for the moment but the subject is hotly discussed between the two clubs. In France, Bordeaux is also positioned on Adrien Silva, for a loan. But Claude Puel, coach of Leicester, brakes because he wants to find the successor of Adrien Silva before...

19 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Basically this...

According to our information, an operation is currently under consideration to consider an exchange between Youri Tielemans (AS Monaco) and Adrien Silva (Leicester). AS Monaco continues its incredible winter transfer market. After finalizing the arrivals of Naldo, Ballo-Toure, Fabregas and this weekend Gelson Martins, the club of the Principality is still on other hot issues. As we revealed to you exclusively, the return of Leonardo Jardim has reactivated the Thiago Mendes track (LOSC). But the club must first send an extra-community player to advance on this point. In parallel, the fate of Yuri Tielemans is under study. Discussions in progress According to our sources, AS Monaco and Leicester are actively discussing a possible exchange between two players: Yuri Tielemans against Adrien Silva. No agreement exists for the moment but the subject is hotly discussed between the two clubs. In France, Bordeaux is also positioned on Adrien Silva, for a loan. But Claude Puel, coach of Leicester, brakes because he wants to find the successor of Adrien Silva before...

2+2=5

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

you can't trust le 10sport.....unreliable

Only thing I would say is, something is happening for our media and now the French media reporting it. It's better than the other nonsense we've had to feed off all month!

50 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

I watch every Monaco game (it's my French team) and he's been really poor (to be polite) for the past year and a half he's been playing for them

Judging by their league position I’d say he’s not the only one playing really poorly. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

I watch every Monaco game (it's my French team) and he's been really poor (to be polite) for the past year and a half he's been playing for them

Has he had any good games for you, or has he been a complete bust? Were you excited when you first signed him?

For us everyone was super excited when we signed Adrien Silva as he was very good for Sporting and for Portugal in international tournaments (2016), but he just never really performed for us. But at the same time he wasn't really treated very well by us either, so he could still be a good or even very good player for someone else. With Tielemans is it a case of there being a good player inside that is frustrating because he doesn't show it, or is it a case of him just being overly hyped because he is young? For example in England, Jack Wilshere was always hyped to be our best central midfielder but now he plays for West Ham and his position was taken by Dele Alli who no one knew about before he had a break out season in 2016.

The fact that he's only being linked with Leicester does suggest to me he's not all that good lol! But then again a lot of teams passed on Kante too :whistle:

Edited by StriderHiryu

I was excited because he seemed to have potential and bigger clubs were willing to sign him

but after a few games clearly he was poor, finished his first season on the bench (Moutinho took his place in the starting eleven)

I still believe the lad has got something, but his confidence is really low and he's not the king of players who can lead the midfield

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dr Marco said:

I was excited because he seemed to have potential and bigger clubs were willing to sign him

but after a few games clearly he was poor, finished his first season on the bench (Moutinho took his place in the starting eleven)

I still believe the lad has got something, but his confidence is really low and he's not the king of players who can lead the midfield

Thanks for the insight!

Really crazy to see what is happening with Monaco. But I guess they sold way too many players in too short a space of time?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

last year Monaco finished 2nd of the league and he was poor

You obviously know better than me but he seemed to play a fair few games for them last season helping them finish 2nd. 

He then went to the World Cup in a very good Belgian squad so he couldn’t have been that bad. 

Well. As we’re clear sticking with Puel, and he’s clearly not a fan of Silva (a shame in my opinion), we may as well do a swap deal with Monaco for this guy, and see where it takes us. Even if it’s not worked out for Youri, hopefully, he’s full of energy, which tbh, Silva lacks in the energy stakes.

• Like 1

He was quality for Anderlechy before he moved to Monaco. Obviously hasn't lived up to the standards after playing in Belgium but let's remember he's only 21. If you discount PSG and their dominance, the French league isn't that bad or as bad as its made out to be.

Given that he is only 21, I can't imagine our fans will give him much time to settle in though. They'll expect a couple of long-range goals and 5 assists per game. Anything less would be unacceptable lol 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

No we dont. We have the rest of this season with low expectation. Ive accepted this season is what it is and am pinning my hopes on a similar effect to chilwell being turd last season and great this season. 

If you're up for buying into the dream, we have enough young players with promise to really kick on, and if it takes another half season of turd for it to work, im in.

Agree pal.  I despise this turgid performance at the minute but whilst we’re safe ie this season, we can class it as a transitional year and kick on the next hopefully.  Slowly but surely I can see Puel’s long term plan

• Like 2