Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Youri Tielemans

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I know nothing about this bloke but the slight concern is that it looks like the sort of signing that’s Hughes at Stoke pulled off and they rarely ever worked.

Hope not but just like the of Renato Sanchez to Swansea aswell..

We are still missing some experience and quality in the centre of the park we just need that player Adrien Silva was meant to be..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I know nothing about this bloke but the slight concern is that it looks like the sort of signing that’s Hughes at Stoke pulled off and they rarely ever worked.

Think it would be more like Pierre-Emile Holbjerg and Mario Lemina(albiet older) at Southampton. Very highly regarded players ending up at Clubs their reputation would usually succeed

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ironic that they have a manager again who builds his sides around youth and they've just signed x 2 30+ year olds CM's and might also swap a 21 year old for a 29 year old. Hope it happens mind you Haha.

The problem is they are in complete free fall and probably need to stabilise this season before building again linger term. Hence signing Naldo (36), Fabregas and the other player on loan from a Turkish side. Hence they might be up for selling him right now as their wage bill has increased massively.

It could be a cautionary tale for us to learn as well though. If we sign too many young players and things go wrong, they might not have the mental fortitude to turn things around. More and more of the 15/16 team are leaving and we will only be left with Kasper, Albrighton and Vardy for sure next season. Evans has the experience, but we are starting to look extremely light elsewhere.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Hope not but just like the of Renato Sanchez to Swansea aswell..

We are still missing some experience and quality in the centre of the park we just need that player Adrien Silva was meant to be..

Agreed, I’m not sure who that would be though.

5 goals in 20 league games is decent especially for his age and considering Monaco have been awful this season. surprising to see some of the negative reviews as those are very good stats. Perhaps Monaco have particularly high expectations with the players that they sold. That was a great side they had. We're desperate for a goal scoring CM. Fits perfectly into the young line up plan. He would be replacing Mendy not a Bernardo Silva etc. Really hope this is true.

2 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

5 goals in 20 league games is decent especially for his age and considering Monaco have been awful this season. surprising to see some of the negative reviews as those are very good stats. Perhaps Monaco have particularly high expectations with the players that they sold. That was a great side they had. We're desperate for a goal scoring CM. Fits perfectly into the young line up plan. He would be replacing Mendy not a Bernardo Silva etc. Really hope this is true.

It's basically this isn't it? They sold Mbappe, Bakayoko, Lemar, Mendy, Silva all in one season and then Moutinho and Fabinho the season after. They's just seen their team put PSG in their place (a truly fantastic achievement) and went deep into Europe. You could understand the fans perspective even if the player is decent after seeing the team almost self destruct over the last 6 months or so.

But then at the same time, we all hoped Mendy, Musa, Slimani, Silva and Ihenacho would all deliver far more than they have offered. Perhaps all of them are still somewhat decent (well not Musa), but not too many Leicester fans appreciate them for good reason.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Agree pal.  I despise this turgid performance at the minute but whilst we’re safe ie this season, we can class it as a transitional year and kick on the next hopefully.  Slowly but surely I can see Puel’s long term plan

Glad im not the only one. I wont say jve always been puel in but ive never been actively puel out.

The closest ive got is that i couldnt give a shit one way or another after the man city cup game. 

And on the bright side, if we are wrong to out our faith in him, i trust top to sack him if it's whats needed ?

To add to my original response, we dont NEED someone to hit the ground running and anyone who could, who we could attract, would likely have a much lower ceiling than a "risky one" like this.

This excites me, and i didnt expect any excitement between now and the end of the season.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's basically this isn't it? They sold Mbappe, Bakayoko, Lemar, Mendy, Silva all in one season and then Moutinho and Fabinho the season after. They's just seen their team put PSG in their place (a truly fantastic achievement) and went deep into Europe. You could understand the fans perspective even if the player is decent after seeing the team almost self destruct over the last 6 months or so.

But then at the same time, we all hoped Mendy, Musa, Slimani, Silva and Ihenacho would all deliver far more than they have offered. Perhaps all of them are still somewhat decent (well not Musa), but not too many Leicester fans appreciate them for good reason.

Exactly a lot of it is perspective. They had some truly world class players and were used to seeing players like Mbappe Bernardo Silva, Lemar, Fabinho etc big shoes for any player to fill especially someone so young. Put on top of that how much hype was surrounding him and he was probably expected to be so good right away that it was impossible for him to meet those standards.

Looking at us. Mendy was coming in after Kante who is impossible to replace and Mendy isn't even that good. Silva perhaps we will never know and that was bad luck. But we had seen Drinkwater who was fantastic in the title winning season and even Cambiasso the season before in the middle so our expectations for players in CM were very high. Slimani and Ihaenacho (who is still young and may come good but completely shot of confidence) were never going to displace Vardy who is one of our best players of all time and we paid first team money for squad players. Musa ditto. 

Tielemans just has to replace Mendy for us now if we sign him so will almost certainly be an improvement and at his age gets basically a free hit to get up to speed for the remainder of the season.

Get him in and we are really shaping up well for next season. Especially if Benkovic is as good as the Celtic fans seem to think he is. 

Kasper

Chilwell

Maguire

Benkovic

Ricardo

Barnes

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

Who knows we may shock again with that line up...... 

Edited by desertfox2
Minor
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Exactly a lot of it is perspective. They had some truly world class players and were used to seeing players like Mbappe Bernardo Silva, Lemar, Fabinho etc big shoes for any player to fill especially someone so young. Put on top of that how much hype was surrounding him and he was probably expected to be so good right away that it was impossible for him to meet those standards.

Looking at us. Mendy was coming in after Kante who is impossible to replace and Mendy isn't even that good. Silva perhaps we will never know and that was bad luck. But we had seen Drinkwater who was fantastic in the title winning season and even Cambiasso the season before in the middle so our expectations for players in CM were very high. Slimani and Ihaenacho (who is still young and may come good but completely shot of confidence) were never going to displace Vardy who is one of our best players of all time and we paid first team money for squad players. Musa ditto. 

Tielemans just has to replace Mendy for us now if we sign him so will almost certainly be an improvement and at his age gets basically a free hit to get up to speed for the remainder of the season.

Get him in and we are really shaping up well for next season. Especially if Benkovic is as good as the Celtic fans seem to think he is. 

Kasper

Chilwell

Maguire

Benkovic

Ricardo

Barnes

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

Choudhary should be there??

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

I'm not saying this is a good or bad player but judging a CM on goals scored is like judging a goalkeeper on take ons. 

7 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Kasper

Chilwell

Maguire

Benkovic

Ricardo

Barnes

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison

Gray

Vardy

Plus Soyuncu and Choudhury. Kasper I believe can be replaced eventually. Maybe not quite to the same degree, but in the past we've had players like Kasey Keller and Tim Flowers, so I am sure we can get a very decent keeper in by spending a fair amount (if Ward isn't promoted to first choice).

Only Vardy is the one that is irreplaceable, as we are finding with Ihenacho. Vardy is probably the best striker we've ever had, Smith and Lineker went on to bigger clubs but purely for Leicester, I haven't seen anyone even close to being that good up front.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Edingleyfox said:

Clearly talented but sounds like he has been a bit disappointing for Monaco (or that expectations were too high). We have several gifted midfielders on their day like Maddison and Gray but we could ideally do with one player with an experienced head that could co-ordinate everyone ( so an upgrade on Iborra with a bit more pace and the ability to find the final pass).Maybe Tielemans can be that person but if he needs more time to develop he may not get that in the Prem. Monaco have certainly struggled this season and I would be worried if they want to sell as it would suggest he is not that great

Main problem surely is getting a decent striker that can link with Vardy and provide a bit more height up front

Im with you, only buy him if they wont sell him to us.

If they will, we dont want him. 

A new striker to play with vardy in that new formation weve never tried yet with puel, is definitely the way to go.

Edited by gw_leics772

32 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

I'm not saying this is a good or bad player but judging a CM on goals scored is like judging a goalkeeper on take ons. 

We need players that can chip in with goals. Realistically we are not going to find another Mahrez so we need to score from other positions. Ndidi and Choudhury are more defensive so unlikely to score that many. For us a goal scoring cm is vital right now. 

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Silva has been and still is a dud, he isn’t in the first team and is basically useless. I don’t know much about this chap but he can’t offer less. If we can bin silva and get a fresh face in the deal. Great!

To be fair to silva I don’t think he has ever really been given a chance and wasn’t helped by not being able to play for half a season

• Like 1