Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Youri Tielemans

This type of central midfielder does not suit Puelball. He tries too many ambitious passes and from all accounts he tends to lose the ball fairly often. At least with N’didi he can tackle and intercept before losing it. 

If he comes here I hope he enjoys passing sideways and backwards and recycling the ball for defensive purposes.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

This type of central midfielder does not suit Puelball. He tries too many ambitious passes and from all accounts he tends to lose the ball fairly often. At least with N’didi he can tackle and intercept before losing it. 

If he comes here I hope he enjoys passing sideways and backwards and recycling the ball for defensive purposes.

I thought he’d be brought in to change Puel ball as we know it and replace the defensive mids we have who can’t kick the ball.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

As unlikely as this seems given the rumours about our funds currently, isn't this guy usually pretty reliable when it comes to us? I remember being surprised a few times by the Mail breaking stories on us. 

The Leicester mucury were saying that the reason we took out the loan to build the training ground wasn’t because we needed it it was so we didn’t affect our budget for transfers so we could do both at the same time. So that would mean the rumours about our funds are untrue but I don’t know.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's Monaco's Iheanacho. 

Touted big potential, lots of excitement for the transfer, fair few clubs had been interested, has absolutely bombed. 

That's not to say he's awful, I've defended Iheanacho plenty on here as a kid who needs the right handling and patience. But Tielmans would be the same, he needs support, patience and time not to be dropped every time he makes an error and booed because he got the fans hopes up and didn't deliver straight away. 

The difference is though, Tielemans is still having a good seasons stats wise. 5 goals in 19 games, high key passes etc. I know stats can be dangerous and I'd be interested to know what Monaco fans think but it was last season he was poor and now he's seeming to have improved.

• Like 1

Midfield 3 of Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison with a forward 3 of Barnes, Vardy and Gray. 

Feels a bit weak in midfield to me, having not seen much about Tielemans, and knowing Maddison isn't particularly tenacious. 

22 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

More likely a midfield three of N'didi, Choudhury and Tielmans with Maddison and Barnes playing behind Vardy up front.

These people saying "we don't want him, he tries too many ambitious passes, blah blah blah" are nuts - this kid is arguably too good for our level, frankly.  He was probably eying a big six club for his move the PL but because he's stagnated a bit, maybe we can swoop in and borrow him for a couple of years before he moves on (at a profit to us).  World-class talent we'd be hugely lucky to have.

Anyone who says midfielders who move the ball forward quickly aren't in Puel's style is willfully ignorant about his time in France.  He's playing the midfield he is now because he doesn't have any options who can play the style he actually want to play.  Tielmans would give him one.

I'm unsure whether Puel will persist with Maddison playing as a LW - unless both Maddison and Barnes play more centrally. Maddison just doesn't offer enough defensively on the left and lacks the pace you need to play as a winger, and almost always leaves Chilwell facing two or three players in defensive phases, although having a midfield 3 helps this a lot - it was much worse when we were playing 4231 and Maddison was on the left of an attacking midfield 3. Having Hamza in that midfield would give me so much more comfort, he definitely has the bite you're looking for when next to a more technically gifted midfielder while at the same time allowing Ndidi to screen the back 4.

For £20m - £22m, how could anyone say no to Tielemans?

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

The Leicester mucury were saying that the reason we took out the loan to build the training ground wasn’t because we needed it it was so we didn’t affect our budget for transfers so we could do both at the same time. So that would mean the rumours about our funds are untrue but I don’t know.

We spent £18m in the summer (the rest coming from player sales), we've spent no money in January and we're clearing decks player wise. Puel has also stated we can't compete with those spending big money. The Mercury haven't got a clue and all the evidence points to us having to mostly sell to buy, anyone expecting a massive player budget are kidding themselves. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Is he attainable though? 

Ive only seen him play live against Man Utd a couple of seasons ago and he was fantastic. 

Cant really remember him at the World Cup mind.

he started both the games against England in the world cup.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Absolute nonsense. The role of the CMs in a 4-2-3-1 is fairly clear. They're supposed to act as a pivot - defensive capabilities to fill in when the full backs go rampaging, but also able to look forward and move the ball quickly into the forwards. Don't confuse Ndidis inability to do it with actual tactics

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Cant really remember him at the World Cup mind.

5 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

he started both the games against England in the world cup.

Possibly the two least memorable games of international football in recent history lol 

Edited by AjcW

43 minutes ago, Beechey said:

For £20m - £22m, how could anyone say no to Tielemans?

I would prefer not to spend £20m on another nmidfielder, but have that towards a striker. We have sufficient midfielders, particularly as Dewsbury-Hall may be contending for a place next season.

32 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

I would prefer not to spend £20m on another nmidfielder, but have that towards a striker. We have sufficient midfielders, particularly as Dewsbury-Hall may be contending for a place next season.

Tielemans is a huge, huge talent that has stagnated in a Monaco team which has sold their top stars and is struggling. 

Tielemans would be a brilliant buy, 20 mill is relatively cheap for the potential sell on value of him

• Like 1