Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Youri Tielemans

Look forward to him signing, playing, being a bit sloppy in his first game and then being dropped for a few weeks. Repeat until he gets fed up and leaves.

Just like Silva it’s so important to give a player like this the best chance to adapt and settle in. I’m not convinced he’d get that here. This season at least.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'll be that person but... is he actually that good? He was once touted as being a potential top player but it's seemingly never materialised.

Monaco = Southampton

Rest of the World = Liverpool

When you're selling all of your best players every other year, no-one should be surprised when the team goes to shit and players underperform. If we do get him and he's able to regain form, then we're laughing. Simple as that.

I think there's loads of people who have watched the video and decided he's good at doing some long passing, despite never really having seen him play before viewing the highlights reel but possibly recognise the name.

I'll have you all know that I've seen the WHOLE video (or at least most of it) and he doesn't run around enough to be valued by LCFC fans.

Its a no from me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'll be that person but... is he actually that good? He was once touted as being a potential top player but it's seemingly never materialised.

It depends on what you call a top player.

He’s 21 and was in a very good Belgium World Cup squad for whom the manager was a midfielder himself. So in comparison to many players of his age, I’d say he’s doing something right.

He’s an excellent young talent, not all young players set the world alight game after game, but with the right kind of management he has the potential to develop into a sensational player. He would be a clever signing, and at that price no risk at all. I really hope this comes off, it would be probably the signing of the window.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

This transfer has legs.

Some genuine interest has been shown (contact) where a lot of other reports have been speculative. 

Signing two CM’s would be a surprise.

21 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Signing two CM’s would be a surprise.

I think I know what you’re referring to. Other one was agent driven I believe.

This one is CP driven and maybe recognition that 3 holding isn’t the way forward. It was certainly never his plan, but Silva & Iborra haven’t cut it. Don’t believe all you hear about Silva either. Still a few days to go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He's Monaco's Iheanacho. 

Touted big potential, lots of excitement for the transfer, fair few clubs had been interested, has absolutely bombed. 

That's not to say he's awful, I've defended Iheanacho plenty on here as a kid who needs the right handling and patience. But Tielmans would be the same, he needs support, patience and time not to be dropped every time he makes an error and booed because he got the fans hopes up and didn't deliver straight away. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's Monaco's Iheanacho. 

Touted big potential, lots of excitement for the transfer, fair few clubs had been interested, has absolutely bombed. 

That's not to say he's awful, I've defended Iheanacho plenty on here as a kid who needs the right handling and patience. But Tielmans would be the same, he needs support, patience and time not to be dropped every time he makes an error and booed because he got the fans hopes up and didn't deliver straight away. 

Sounds like he’ll fit right in.