Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

£37.5m it was and only £50m if we qualified for the Champions League. 

Considering the chances of us qualifying for the Champions League was pretty remote it means we took all the risk with the Iheanacho transfer, If he was a huge success we were limited to a £12.5m profit on him and if he wasn't then we were lumbered with him. I was happy with the Iheanacho business as I want my club to sign some of the world's best young talent and that was Iheanacho's profile. In hindsight though beware of Greeks baring gifts (or in this case Spaniards).

I think it seems pretty obvious now that he wasn't rated at Man City despite his stats but the buy back was just insurance.

But the buy back clause put the whole transfer at risk, if they were that keen to get rid it makes no sense

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Did I say I think we have a massive budget? No maybe you should read peoples posts I just said that I don’t think the club are in as bad of a situation as people are making out especially when we are still 22nd richest club

I didn't say you did, perhaps you should read peoples posts.

22nd richest club means bugger all because we'll have one of the biggest spends on wages as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

But the buy back clause put the whole transfer at risk, if they were that keen to get rid it makes no sense

I've refused an offer on my house before that was acceptable to me just because it was first offer and I was getting as much as I could. 

It might also have been a bluff that they were insinuating he was that good they didn't want to take the risk. 

10 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Which "turned out great". So your statement was inaccurate. 

Has their transfer policy brought them any kind of success, despite the hundreds of millions spent? Nope. So my statement wasn't inaccurate. One good signing after spending hundreds of millions does not make for a good transfer policy! 

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Has their transfer policy brought them any kind of success, despite the hundreds of millions spent? Nope. So my statement wasn't inaccurate. One good signing after spending hundreds of millions does not make for a good transfer policy! 

Your statement didn't include any of that. In respect of Everton and West Ham, you simply said the following...

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh and their transfer policies have turned out great...

To which I made the point that Felipe Anderson actually has, and a typical example of preferring London over the West Midlands, which is the point that the original point was trying to impress - that's all.

Regarding Everton, another player that we almost supposedly signed was Yerry Mina, in fact it was reported that we had and then seconds later he appeared in a photo brandishing a Barcelona shirt. Wasn't a bad bit of business for the Toffees, were it not for the injury, I think he's yet to reach his full potential. 

8 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Your statement didn't include any of that. In respect of Everton and West Ham, you simply said the following...

To which I made the point that Felipe Anderson actually has, and a typical example of preferring London over the West Midlands, which is the point that the original point was trying to impress - that's all.

Regarding Everton, another player that we almost supposedly signed was Yerry Mina, in fact it was reported that we had and then seconds later he appeared in a photo brandishing a Barcelona shirt. Wasn't a bad bit of business for the Toffees, were it not for the injury, I think he's yet to reach his full potential. 

You clearly chose to ignore my other message where i spoke at length about Everton and West Ham spending hundreds of millions on new players and having little to show for it. I agree, Anderson was a good signing. But are either club any better off than us right now despite spending way more than us and apparently being able to attract better players than us? Both teams have spent obscene amounts of money over the past few seasons and are no better off than us. So i stick to my original post. I do not believe their transfer policies, despite one or 2 decent signings is a good one. Throwing hundreds of millions around does not guarantee success and will not bridge the gap between the top 6 and the rest. As i said earlier, top, ready made players, join the top 6, not Everton, West Ham or us. Anderson was a huge risk for the amount paid and it paid off for them. Im happy with us signing one or 2 decent signings like we did with Maddison and Ricardo and building on the good young players we already have at the club. Spending obscene amounts of money is not sustainable for clubs like us, Everton and West Ham.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I've refused an offer on my house before that was acceptable to me just because it was first offer and I was getting as much as I could. 

It might also have been a bluff that they were insinuating he was that good they didn't want to take the risk. 

ok  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dames said:

This type of central midfielder does not suit Puelball. He tries too many ambitious passes and from all accounts he tends to lose the ball fairly often. At least with N’didi he can tackle and intercept before losing it. 

If he comes here I hope he enjoys passing sideways and backwards and recycling the ball for defensive purposes.

I read this post as, "we should train our players to make risky long passes, but not try to win it back."

7 hours ago, Foxalot said:

A young Belgian talent who has bags of potential, I always thought would be suited to the Prem. Generally a holding or attacking midfielder who can play deep, distribute well and can thread a needle, plus he’s got a rockets in his locker. He looks like he could do with a change of scenery so the move could be possible.

He’d be a good replacement for Iborra, and would thread more balls through to our forwards. 

Sign him up. 

A drug dealer that can also sew :ph34r:

Clearly talented but sounds like he has been a bit disappointing for Monaco (or that expectations were too high). We have several gifted midfielders on their day like Maddison and Gray but we could ideally do with one player with an experienced head that could co-ordinate everyone ( so an upgrade on Iborra with a bit more pace and the ability to find the final pass).Maybe Tielemans can be that person but if he needs more time to develop he may not get that in the Prem. Monaco have certainly struggled this season and I would be worried if they want to sell as it would suggest he is not that great

Main problem surely is getting a decent striker that can link with Vardy and provide a bit more height up front

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richardsfoxes said:

Looks like we've got to wait till the summer then. Thought we would try and get at least some support to try and finish as high as we can. 

Owners don't want to trust Puel with any more spending.

Saving all available funds for the new man coming in.

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Owners don't want to trust Puel with any more spending.

Saving all available funds for the new man coming in.

Or the rumour mentioned frequently that our hands are tied with finances due to the crash and training ground.

16 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Absolute nonsense! We've known for a while that we need to reduce the wage bill until we start bringing in more players. And we don't know what the financial situation is at the club since Vichai's death. Nothing to do with Puel and im pretty certain no decision has been made either way by anyone at the club regarding Puels future. Im sure top has more important things to worry about right now! 

"We'll miss out on several potentially brilliant young players, who could be brilliant for us in the future, because we don't trust the manager." Said no chief exec

• Like 1