Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Youri Tielemans

I could see this happening. The potential is there for all to see but it's a fact that he has stalled hard in the last couple of seasons, a bit like Renato Sanches did for Bayern Munich and whom ended up on loan at Swansea City. He will be one of their biggest earners and is likely bereft of confidence and under pressure. Perhaps also Jardim just doesn't fancy him as a player? The Premier League clubs can afford both wages and transfer fee and he'd fit into our "develop a young nucleus" approach. The joke a poster made above about Everton and West Ham is also very relevant! I could see those clubs in for him too.

But for all the hype, just like Sanches you have to remember that he is a huge flop thus far. The reason he might even be available is because he needs to take a step backwards in order to go forwards again. At 21, he has plenty of time, but even if he came here, don't expect a player that is going to smash it right away. Sanches was a flop after being loaned from Bayern and from a more British perspective, Jack Wilshere was always highly rated but is now on the sick list at West Ham and not even in the England squad these days, so hype does not always equal becoming a great player.

All that said, I will leave you with clips of him from a few seasons ago in Belgium, which earned him the move to Monaco. It's easy to see why he was so highly rated and well Hazard, DeBruyne, Kompany, Dembele... most Belgian players have done pretty well over here. I could see us getting someone like this as a marquee signing in the summer. A high profile young player for whom it hasn't quite yet worked out for, but just needs the right club. A similar player that springs to mind is Loftus-Cheek for a similar reason.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I could see this happening. The potential is there for all to see but it's a fact that he has stalled hard in the last couple of seasons, a bit like Renato Sanches did for Bayern Munich and whom ended up on loan at Swansea City. He will be one of their biggest earners and is likely bereft of confidence and under pressure. Perhaps also Jardim just doesn't fancy him as a player? The Premier League clubs can afford both wages and transfer fee and he'd fit into our "develop a young nucleus" approach. The joke a poster made above about Everton and West Ham is also very relevant! I could see those clubs in for him too.

But for all the hype, just like Sanches you have to remember that he is a huge flop thus far. The reason he might even be available is because he needs to take a step backwards in order to go forwards again. At 21, he has plenty of time, but even if he came here, don't expect a player that is going to smash it right away. Sanches was a flop after being loaned from Bayern and from a more British perspective, Jack Wilshere was always highly rated but is now on the sick list at West Ham and not even in the England squad these days, so hype does not always equal becoming a great player.

All that said, I will leave you with clips of him from a few seasons ago in Belgium, which earned him the move to Monaco. It's easy to see why he was so highly rated and well Hazard, DeBruyne, Kompany, Dembele... most Belgian players have done pretty well over here. I could see us getting someone like this as a marquee signing in the summer. A high profile young player for whom it hasn't quite yet worked out for, but just needs the right club. A similar player that springs to mind is Loftus-Cheek for a similar reason.

Looking at his stats, he's having a good season it's just his team isn't. Last season he was disappointing though, I'd be surprised if they let him go and certainly for less than they paid for him (€25m)

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Looking at his stats, he's having a good season it's just his team isn't. Last season he was disappointing though, I'd be surprised if they let him go and certainly for less than they paid for him (€25m)

Monaco are a complete mess for sure. They've just signed Fabregas and also signed Golovin for big money too, and just brought in a player called Vainquer on loan too. As Henry left he also had a huge rant about some of the players there, and it's possible that the player may have an attitude problem.

Obviously I'd take him in a heartbeat, but there have been a number of high profile big money young signings in recent seasons, and their fortunes have been mixed. Here are some examples:

Renato Sanches - flop

Luke Shaw - much better now but awful for a long time

Maddison - decent
Gotze - flop

Tielemans - flop

Martial - good, but wasted by Mourinho so further back on the development scale than he should be

Mbappe - incredible, probably a better signing than Neymar

• Like 1

Looking around online most places seem to say that he is currently earning €110,000 p/w, however it then comes down to Monaco tax laws.

In Monaco it is tax free on wages, but they pay 13% employee social security so he goes home with €95,700 p/w (£82,641 p/w at current exchange rate).

Where as Vardy is rumoured to earn £120,000 p/w, but with the 45% tax rate here in England he goes home with £66,000 p/w.

For us to even be able to match what Tielemans is currently earning, we would have to give him £150,000 a week (£82,500 p/w after tax), and even then, quite often when players transfer clubs, they will want some form of pay rise.

Which I imagine would upset quite a few players that he would be earning more than double than what a lot of our players are on, and at just 21 years old.

Even if this is true that we are interested, there a going to be a lot more negotiations needed than normal for a deal to happen.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He looks excellent in that video , my only concern is that if he kept pinging the ball out to our wingers like in this clip the opposition would gain a lot of throw ins as our wingers can’t control a ball for shit .

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I stopped playing after CM01/02.  Now if we're signing To Madeira I will get excited.  X

Bakircioglu and Selakovic on the wings and Kallstrom as no. 10 :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1