Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Rafa Benitez

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Wagner got Huddersfield 200 million pounds in TV money plus future parachute payments with a club that he got promoted on a negative GD. Huddersfield players had to change in portapotties last year at home games. Obviously we'll have to see how he does at a bigger club, maybe in Germany, but he's clearly incredibly talented and able to get the best out of his players. 

clearly got the best out of his players... bottom of the PL and got sacked. This whole Wagner obsession needs to stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Every manager sees how we have held our own against the top six this season. The only games where we didn’t were without vardy (lpool and spurs at home). 

Assuming they cant get a top six job over here (and Everton, West Ham are taken), they would be nuts not to want to come here - especially given the new training ground .......

Edited by Foxboy

4 hours ago, Simoken said:

clearly got the best out of his players... bottom of the PL and got sacked. This whole Wagner obsession needs to stop.

Have you seen their players? Aside from Mooy and maybe Billing, not one could even be considered at our first team level. They're an awful, terrible squad. The fact they survived one year is incredible. This year I think the whole club gave up the ghost, kind of hard to hold something together that long. They have done very well.

5 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Certainly don’t want someone like benitez at our club. Winning the champions league and europa league. Having experience in Europe and  premier league.  Just not what we’re looking for. 

Hmmm ... what about the whole getting relegated to the championship thing 

5 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Certainly don’t want someone like benitez at our club. Winning the champions league and europa league. Having experience in Europe and  premier league.  Just not what we’re looking for. 

It makes for a good CV but in reality, how relevant is his experience in charge of teams like Liverpool, Chelsea and Valencia when considering how good a fit he'd be for us? He's been criticised for many of the same things we'd sack Puel for - heavy squad rotation, distant with players, negative style of play. I don't think he'd be a terrible appointment necessarily but if we're binning Puel for a more progressive, exciting manager with a remit to develop youth, I don't see how he'd fit the bill.

• Like 2

Re Rodgers and Wagner the article says they are Newcastles targets / alternatives to Rafa not ours, Newcastle want to plan ahead but Rafa wants to see how things are before committing to them so they are considering their other options although it's fair to say that if they're available options for them then they would be for us too. 

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

It makes for a good CV but in reality, how relevant is his experience in charge of teams like Liverpool, Chelsea and Valencia when considering how good a fit he'd be for us? He's been criticised for many of the same things we'd sack Puel for - heavy squad rotation, distant with players, negative style of play. I don't think he'd be a terrible appointment necessarily but if we're binning Puel for a more progressive, exciting manager with a remit to develop youth, I don't see how he'd fit the bill.

I do agree with what you’re saying I just don’t get this argument that he’s such a negative manager. I remember earlier in the season gary neville critised him when they played man city at home. I might be wrong but think they got a point and he isn’t blessed with great attacking options at Newcastle. I’m not saying I’m benitez biggest fan but if you took what some have put on hear you’d think he was a Sunday league manager. Overall I don’t think puel will be hear next season and imo I would be happy with either benitez or rogers. 

46 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I do agree with what you’re saying I just don’t get this argument that he’s such a negative manager. I remember earlier in the season gary neville critised him when they played man city at home. I might be wrong but think they got a point and he isn’t blessed with great attacking options at Newcastle. I’m not saying I’m benitez biggest fan but if you took what some have put on hear you’d think he was a Sunday league manager. Overall I don’t think puel will be hear next season and imo I would be happy with either benitez or rogers. 

Hear here 

So Rafa kept Newcastle up last season, big deal, so did Puel. 

Do the Leicester Rafaites don't realise he will play the type of defensive football that the majority of fans won't like! 

Why can't we go for some exciting candidates like Giovanni Van Bronckhorst, Diego Simeone or Adolf Hutter? 

8 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Do the Leicester Rafaites don't realise he will play the type of defensive football that the majority of fans won't like! 

Why can't we go for some exciting candidates like Giovanni Van Bronckhorst, Diego Simeone or Adolf Hutter? 

Are you talking about the same Diego Simeone who is about to knock Juve out of the CL?

To come to Leicester in the PL mid table on a cost cutting exercise?

1 hour ago, Crispin LA said:

Why can't we go for some exciting candidates like Giovanni Van Bronckhorst, Diego Simeone or Adolf Hutter

Nearly misread that!!

Also, I think you've got very high expectations... Diego Simone? A manager who manages regularly in the champions League? Who manages a top club in one of Europe's biggest leagues? Hmmm what was that phrase that Pearson used, ah yes: delusion of grandeur (love that phrase). Sorry, dude just not gonna happen. You may want to lower your expectations a little. I agree I want to have a manager that can take the philosophy of having a young squad and developing them, but we need to look at more realistic targets in the future. Puel has the right idea, just not sure he can execute it correctly on a day-to-day basis

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Nearly misread that!!

Also, I think you've got very high expectations... Diego Simone? A manager who manages regularly in the champions League? Who manages a top club in one of Europe's biggest leagues? Hmmm what was that phrase that Pearson used, ah yes: delusion of grandeur (love that phrase). Sorry, dude just not gonna happen. You may want to lower your expectations a little. I agree I want to have a manager that can take the philosophy of having a young squad and developing them, but we need to look at more realistic targets in the future. Puel has the right idea, just not sure he can execute it correctly on a day-to-day basis

I nearly misread it too. A couple of Austrians in 1970 called their kid Adolf? Brave people. 

17 hours ago, PaulW said:

Wagner has already demonstrated that he can't handle the constant pressure of Premier League management.

Personally I think Wagner became unduly negative at some point last season but the reality is their squad had no business even being in promotion contention when they won the play-offs. To judge Wagner on the basis of Huddersfield’s premier league record is severely reductive 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stadt said:

Personally I think Wagner became unduly negative at some point last season but the reality is their squad had no business even being in promotion contention when they won the play-offs. To judge Wagner on the basis of Huddersfield’s premier league record is severely reductive 

He also looked tactically weak, no obvious plan B and as mentioned before, if he struggled with the pressure at Huddersfield he has zero chance here. 

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I nearly misread it too. A couple of Austrians in 1970 called their kid Adolf? Brave people. 

And Hutter is similar to Hitler.

I had to google him to make sure he was real. My guess is his parents were "proud" Austrians. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1