Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tielemans Signs From Monaco; Silva Goes T’other Way

5 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Daniel Levy has returned from France and after some intense negotiations has secured a good deal on some Camembert for their new Cheese room. 1st offer of Janssen in part exchange failed.

Absolutely brilliant. Thank you. Made my day

9 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

On the plus side - if he is shit we are not paying his wages after the summer :D (Unlike the others) 

And if Silva has a blinder this half of the season we'll get him back. Don't see how some are bothered by the loan's terms.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, knitro said:

I like that in this interview he's candid that he doesn't know a lot about our team

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/1010959/tielemans-my-experiences-will-help-me-with-this-new-challenge

Appreciate the honesty and hope there's a favorable impression made for both parties. 

I said that earlier. It looked like his eyes lit up with Jamie and Harry were mentioned. I think he will be pleasantly surprised actually, we have so many internationals in our squad now. 

Very happy with the player and the circumstances in which we've been able to bring in a young, talented player with a lot of potential, as well as getting Silva off the books for some first team football. Would have liked an optional purchase clause (idealistic thinking I guess) but this still seems a very positive deal for us. 

Welcome Youri :scarf:

Edited by LCCFox96

With no option to buy clause, I really can't see the point of this contrary to popular opinion on here. If as stated, he was to play most of the games he would be taking the place of and game time experience from someone else we could be integrating into the squad or trying to evaluate like Barnes etc. If he's successful,  he will merely, it appears, return to Monaco with an inflated buying price and make no mistake, if he was offered a deal at any London club or Manchester, where do you think he'd choose? For the odd extra win and a couple of places higher in the league table this season it holds no attraction for me, it's about getting our young players firmly bedded for next year or the release of any of them if felt that they're not going to be up to standard.  Apparently his and Silvas wages are not disimilar so little point there financially, though Monaco are gaining an experienced player in a relegation battle. Once Silva has served his purpise there this season are Monaco a club wanting to buy a 30 something Premiership reject? Financially it doesn't appear  to make sense, at least if Silva went to some Turkish club for half his wages we'd be getting some kind of recompense. Even if we could get Kane, Martial or Rashford for a couple of months, what would be the longer term point be if we were only going to give them back? Even the vague chance of a place in the knockout stages of a minor European competition at this point in our development could cause more harm than good and wouldn't be an attraction for me. It does perhaps I concede put Silva in some kind of shop window, though in comparison to our buying price he would appear to be no better than bargain basement goods now in purely financial terms.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

There's that, and then there's the bit where he's actually Flemish so it should be 'Welkom'. :whistle:

Yep though the French is right. But yes Welkom. 

15 minutes ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

There's that, and then there's the bit where he's Flemish so it should be 'Welkom'. :whistle:

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

44 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm sure you're both right but I remember similar excitement on here when we signed Musa, Slimani, Silva, Kapustka, Nacho etc. 

Hopefully this kid is the real deal :thumbup:

Haven’t been this excited since Cambiasso joined. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

With no option to buy clause, I really can't see the point of this contrary to popular opinion on here. If as stated, he was to play most of the games he would be taking the place of and game time experience from someone else we could be integrating into the squad or trying to evaluate like Barnes etc. If he's successful,  he will merely, it appears, return to Monaco with an inflated buying price and make no mistake, if he was offered a deal at any London club or Manchester, where do you think he'd choose? For the odd extra win and a couple of places higher in the league table this season it holds no attraction for me, it's about getting our young players firmly bedded for next year or the release of any of them if felt that they're not going to be up to standard.  Apparently his and Silvas wages are not disimilar so little point there financially, though Monaco are gaining an experienced player in a relegation battle. Once Silva has served his purpise there this season are Monaco a club wanting to buy a 30 something Premiership reject? Financially it doesn't appear  to make sense, at least if Silva went to some Turkish club for half his wages we'd be getting some kind of recompense. Even if we could get Kane, Martial or Rashford for a couple of months, what would be the longer term point be if we were only going to give them back? Even the vague chance of a place in the knockout stages of a minor European competition at this point in our development could cause more harm than good and wouldn't be an attraction for me. It does perhaps I concede put Silva in some kind of shop window, though in comparison to our buying price he would appear to be no better than bargain basement goods now in purely financial terms.

But the alternative is Mendy and Ndidi which we know against deep defending teams is not good enough and it's becoming a horrible place is our home ground. Also we stand a better chance than most clubs at a permanent deal if he likes it here, mind you I suspect he'll do very well and we will have a tough job but he could be the marquee signing we have been missing in the last few years.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Short term fix for a long term problem, other that helping us finish a high up the table as possible, there is little sense in a loan deal with no agreement for a future transfer.

The team become more used to playing with a classy box to box midfielder and the slow and laboured football at home becomes a thing of the past. Come thr summer we have a better opportunity of bringing in a player with a similar skill set of we cant get Tielemans.

• Like 2

Youri Tielemans is pleased to have swapped playing against Leicester's England stars at the World Cup for being their new team-mate.

Belgian midfielder Tielemans, 21, joined the Foxes in a loan swap with Adrien Silva going the other way to Monaco.

Tielemans started both of Belgium’s clashes with England in Russia which they won to finish third ahead of the Three Lions and their Foxes' duo of Harry Maguire and Jamie Vardy.

Tielemans said: “For England fans it’s not as good a memory as it is for Belgian fans.

“It was really good to play against them, they are tough opponents.

“Harry Maguire is a real tough defender and Jamie Vardy is really good in the front of the attack. He’s always mobile.”

Tielemans has 19 caps and played four times for Belgium in Russia.

He has since made 29 appearances this term and scored five goals for Monaco.

He joins a stable of young stars at Leicester who top the table for minutes by players under the age of 22 in the Premier League this season.

Tielemans, who made his professional debut at the age of just 16 at Anderlecht, added: “I think it will help my adaptation inside the group.

“You have also a lot of experienced players around, so I think the mix of both experience and young players can be really good.”

Silva,29, a £22million signing in August 2017 from Sporting Lisbon, has made just one League start this term for Leicester back on the opening day.

Tielemans could go straight into Leicester's squad for the visit of Manchester United on Sunday, adding: "I'm really excited to know this atmosphere."

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The team become more used to playing with a classy box to box midfielder and the slow and laboured football at home becomes a thing of the past. Come thr summer we have a better opportunity of bringing in a player with a similar skill set of we cant get Tielemans.

We shall see, I would prefer us to be bedding in a longer term player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

We shall see, I would prefer us to be bedding in a longer term player.

Like who? January is a horrible mo th to recruit in, I cant recall many other central midfielders of similar ilk that we've missed out on this month.

Some negativity on here re the signing as a loan. Can understand that to an extent but hopefully it can show what we can achieve with an exciting attacking CM and who knows whether it might develop into a permanent opportunity if it works out and he wants to stay. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

,All the negativity about this is beyond me . Got rid of a player who wasn’t  up to scratch and starting to cause unwanted atmosphere  . Get a young hungry player in who is eager to prove a point . And as for not having an option to buy agreed and people saying he’ll just bugger off have you not thought that he might actually enjoy it here  playiing in the Prem with a load of lads at a similar age in a family feeling environment 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Some negativity on here re the signing as a loan. Can understand that to an extent but hopefully it can show what we can achieve with an exciting attacking CM and who knows whether it might develop into a permanent opportunity if it works out and he wants to stay. 

Yep, there`s nothing wrong with players playing for a contract  !

• Like 1