Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tielemans Signs From Monaco; Silva Goes T’other Way

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Well he’s looking forward to getting started on Sunday! Hope he does start!

In B4 posters start ripping Puel for not starting a guy who’s had 2 days with the squad.

I’ll be very surprised if Tielemans starts Sunday. Likely come off the bench if needed, like Barnes on his return.

• Like 2

Just now, Rigga said:

Get the feeling of the remaining games he will start half of them on the bench.

When he does play it will probably limit Hamza’s game time..

Not sure what what we gain from a loan tbh ??

I'd rather he be limiting Mendy's gametime than Hamza's, if I'm honest. Hamza right now offers a bit more in terms of energy in the midfield.

Just now, Beechey said:

I'd rather he be limiting Mendy's gametime than Hamza's, if I'm honest. Hamza right now offers a bit more in terms of energy in the midfield.

Mendy preferred last ngt even though he’s had a mare in 2019!

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I certainly agree re the latter. But Spurs, who have allegedly been sniffing for a while can now get to see a free trial. If he's good, which club do you think he'd choose? 

he Might not have a choice if they refuse to pay what we are willing to pay....

12 minutes ago, Rigga said:

Get the feeling of the remaining games he will start half of them on the bench.

When he does play it will probably limit Hamza’s game time..

Not sure what what we gain from a loan tbh ??

I see it differently, Tielemans will be able to take off some pressure from Maddison as the current sole attacking central midfielder in our team. We won't see him start immediately, but could come in very handy towards latter stages of games and latter stages of the season.

No competition for Choudhury, they play in somewhat different roles.

I'd rather Choudhury gets more practice, putting some pressure on Ndidi and Mendy, both of them have flattered to deceive lately, Ndidi in particular is still looking for his past form.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I know very little about him but from the youtube videos I've watched he's clearly amazing.

Welcome Youri!

YouTube is the reason I was able to convince my 20yr old brother that 'the bald manager on the Netflix Sunderland documentary' was once touted as the second coming of Gazza

• Like 1

A really exciting signing. And another youthful talented prospect added to our squad. Can't remember us ever having such a young and promising team. Can't wait to see him play and hopefully he adapts quickly to life in the PL.

Whether he stays beyond this season, who knows? But, we perhaps underestimate what a special place this has become under Vichai's leadership. Youri's already hinted at the warmth of the welcome, the club being "good inside" and "a big family".

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I see it differently, Tielemans will be able to take off some pressure from Maddison as the current sole attacking central midfielder in our team. We won't see him start immediately, but could come in very handy towards latter stages of games and latter stages of the season.

No competition for Choudhury, they play in somewhat different roles.

I'd rather Choudhury gets more practice, putting some pressure on Ndidi and Mendy, both of them have flattered to deceive lately, Ndidi in particular is still looking for his past form.

Which is why I dont understand the move...

Its basically a 14 game loan, where he won’t feature in all those games..

8 hours ago, Rigga said:

Which is why I dont understand the move...

Its basically a 14 game loan, where he won’t feature in all those games..

Only few players in this squad are set: Schmeichel, Chilwell, Maguire, Pereira, Vardy and maybe und currently rather undeservedly Ndidi and Mendy. The rest of each starting lineup is made up as we go along.

Maddison could potentially be benched soon or more often between now and May.

We‘ve gained a player who is likely to play relatively often (as a substitute or even starter) and let one go who is not in the manager‘s plans. Not so difficult to understand, is it?

We‘ve gained more than we‘ve lost (Tielemans is younger, more talented compared to Silva) between the two of them.

Ndidi and Mendy will have to watch out now, though.

Edited by MC Prussian

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Only few players in this squad are set: Schmeichel, Chilwell, Maguire, Pereira, Vardy. The rest is made up as we go alon

Maddison could potentially be benched soon or more often between now and May.

We‘ve gained a player who is likely to play relatively often (as a substitute or even starter) and let one go who is not in the manager‘s plans. Not so difficult to understand, is it?

We‘ve gained more than we‘ve lost (Tielemans is younger, more talented compared to Silva) between the two of them.

Ndidi and Mendy will have to watch now, though.

It’s where he fits...

Puel always plays 2 and sometimes 3 holding players..

if he becomes part of a 2 then fine as Maddison can play off Vardy..

its not puels way though to set uplike this so will be very interesting to see

After Sunday Tielmans will start every match if he's healthy.  He was brought in to give the club as good an evaluation as possible, and time is limited.

Where he plays will likely vary based on whether we're facing a possession opponent or a team that sits back, but it will be other guys who come and go from the lineup, not Tielmans.

Edited by Deeg67

Interesting video with all of the clips from a recent performance of his against Marseille, where he won man of the match. I think this video gives a good indicator of what to expect. A bit more forward thinking as a midfield player, who can also tackle. Gave the ball away a fair few times too, but also showed some very nice turns, forward passes and drives. You can see why he's at Leicester rather than a Champions League competing team, but you can also see the potential of his play.

This is a video of his debut aged just 16. Absolutely insane performance here, no wonder the scouts took notice! Ndidi came from the Belgian league to the Premier League and adapted immediately, so I think it's relevant to see his performance here.

Finally another Ligue 1 game against Lyon. Foxes fans will be disapointed to hear that Youri attempted multiple forward passes, several of which came off! lol

• Like 1