Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

Spurs Away Post Match 3-1

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

And will any of that matter when results are looked at and we lost 3-1 in years to come 

Why are we going to be checking back on this game in years to come?? what matters is how the team played, we aren’t pushing for a title so the result isn’t that important. We have a young side who have outplayed Tottenham and unfortunately come away with a loss. Promising performance, unfortunate result. We now have a run of 9 games where we face no one from the top 6.if after those 9 games results haven’t picked up and we haven’t moved up the table then puel needs to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

5. It’s a results business. For all the pretty play and huffing and puffing we have conceded another three today and are dropping down the table like a stone. What’s that now? 1 point in 15 or so?

You are right in that comment. However, were people pleased after the Everton victory with what was on offer? 

We had many comments on here wanting to watch more attacking football and coping with defeat if it happens. We were called lucky in winning at Chelsea. 

We need results and entertainment but I'd rather be lucky and win than unlucky and lose.

• Like 1

What a game. We lost. Feel really hard done by. But we played great. One of our best performances. I dare say we dominated, especially in the second half. We really need to cut out our defensive errors, but with experience the team will improve.

I have to say, the real positive from the game is that finally I think our CM problem is solved (this season) with Tielemans. He was fantastic. He can defend too. He really reinforces what we have been saying needed to be fixed - lack of creativity from the middle. After this game, it would be unforgiveable to play Mendy and Ndidi together again. 

Finally, I like to say to all fans. Please get behind the team. Barnes missed all his chances today. He should have buried at least the one from 10 yards out - anywhere but at the keeper he would have scored. But his running is excellent and he will come good. The last thing he needs now is a monkey on his back.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 4

Most chances we have created in ages. The service Vardy has been crying out for all season. Another incredibly poor decision from Puel to drop him.

8 points from the bottom 3 and in some appalling form. Surely enough is enough.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 3

Roll on the end of the season, looks like the Christmas result have saved this season just, its hard to see where our next win will come from, for all the effort we put in, comfortable beaten by a side missing their two best players. For some one who meant to be an experienced manager Puel is pretty clueless I think he just makes it up as he goes along 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

Not vindicated at all because those chances were not put away and we still lost. 

If he had started with Vardy from the start it may have been a different out come. Gray is not a striker and he hasn’t scored consistently or often enough in his career to have even been given a chance up front.

All he can do is put a team out there that is creative enough to forge chances and solid enough to not be carved open. He can’t actually put the ball in the net himself. It’s the same situation as at Newport. 

Puel-outers are so blinkered and will see fault in every decision the bloke makes. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

They have been since 2016 , today was a decent performance and this manager needs time and deserves time 

He has had time, he still puts our only real striker on the bench, time don't cure stupidity, it just let's more stupid descions happen.

To start with Gray at center forward is insane, to have Iheancho as our only real back up to Vardy is crazy.

I don't really know where to even start on our problems, but they all lie firmly at the feet of Puel.

4 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Sitting on the bench one minute, taking a penalty the next = mad

Can't blame Puel for that. If Maddison had missed people would be questioning why out number 1 penalty taker hasn't taken the pen.

Good performance and I'm so happy we've actually been watchable in the last few games - I hope it continues.

I expect us to give Spurs a game though. I don't know why people seem so happy we've managed to do that. We have the 7th best team in the league and they were without some really key players. 

Dropping Vardy was stupid without a decent alternative. We're now 12th in the league behind teams with considerably inferior squads. Thank God we managed to get some points off Man City and Chelsea.

Puel has to put Vardy back up top for the next game and shift Gray to the right and drop Ghezzal.

Again Ghezzal offered us nothing from the start or from an out wide position, the lad hasnt got the legs or physicality to play as a PL winger. He’s better as an impact sub playing behind the strikers. 

If Puel can do this and doesn’t put Mendy back in the team I think I may be able to get behind what he’s doing, he just needs to stop with the bizzare decisions.

Gray has been started up front several times now and its never worked. He’s never scored consistently or often enough to even be considered for that position, he just isnt a consistent goal scorer.

Whoever keeps saying Puel got it spot on today is deluded, he’s about 80% there but needs to stop with these baffling decisions. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So many points:

1. That was NOT a good Spurs side today. If we had any cutting edge, we’d have at least picked up a point.

Let's be fair, a spurs side without Kane still dismantles most teams - like they do from March onwards every year when he's crippled himself. The reason they didn't look good today was because we played well and made them look poor. If we'd buried the clear chances we had, no-one would be sat here saying we've got issues - the issues we've got are in finishing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

So many points:

1. That was NOT a good Spurs side today. If we had any cutting edge, we’d have at least picked up a point.

2. Not starting Vardy was suicidal. Are those who applauded Puel for this now going to admit you were wrong? There were plenty of you.

3. The football we are playing is chaotic. We can look brilliant, then concede goals so easily it’s unreal. What is the game plan? Does anyone really know?

4. We have some good players at the club. What I don’t think we have is the best manager we could get to organise them well enough

5. It’s a results business. For all the pretty play and huffing and puffing we have conceded another three today and are dropping down the table like a stone. What’s that now? 1 point in 15 or so?

6. Tielemans is head and shoulders above anything we have in the midfield. If there is any way we can make him permanent, spend the money.

There will be many on here who slap each other on the backs and say ‘we played well’. Look past that, look how disjointed we are and how easily we concede.

1) they have been winning all their games and only a couple wins off the top , and you call that a bad side ?

2) Vardy is there to finish and he hasn’t been finishing master stroke to fire up his belly ! It sort of worked didn’t it ? 

3) we played well today ! 

4) many of the players are average or untried premier league players only one or two would get into any team in the top 8 , the manager is blooding them and trying to get us moving forward 

5) results business alright but it’s a sport that requires owners that give managers time to build a team 

5) Tielemans is Class and it was our manager who asked for him ! Well done Claude 

bit of back slapping and supporting the team properly never did any harm 

Super performance.
We seem to be developing a really effective system.
Strange Gray selection, but players really playing for Puel.
No composure from Barnes but that’ll come.
Ndidi terrific and whilst we won’t get Tielemans, scouting team know exactly what they have to do now.
Very hopeful about the future.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

So many points:

2. Not starting Vardy was suicidal. Are those who applauded Puel for this now going to admit you were wrong? There were plenty of you.

3. The football we are playing is chaotic. We can look brilliant, then concede goals so easily it’s unreal. What is the game plan? Does anyone really know?

4. We have some good players at the club. What I don’t think we have is the best manager we could get to organise them well enough

6. Tielemans is head and shoulders above anything we have in the midfield. If there is any way we can make him permanent, spend the money.

There will be many on here who slap each other on the backs and say ‘we played well’. Look past that, look how disjointed we are and how easily we concede.

Some would look at this and say 'Thats half full' other will look and say 'no that's half empty' I'm guessing you're a half empty kinda guy

download.jpg.bd4bef5ef690eeea8f00b40333ee541e.jpg

Edited by Blue Ed

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Most chances we have created in ages. The service Vardy has been crying out for all season. Another incredibly poor decision from Puel to drop him.

8 points from safety and in some appalling form. Surely enough is enough.

1 point off 9th,6 off 7th and we looked good today. 

• Like 1

We have some exciting young players and definitely a work in progress. We played really well for most of the game but ultimately it was our finishing which let us down. Barnes has loads of potential and could easily have scored a hat trick but he's a kid. Nacho however has lost all his confidence and currently I really can't see the point of playing him.

Would Vardy starting have made the difference who knows , maybe there is room for criticism in that decision  for Puel.