Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

6 minutes ago, BlueArmy123 said:

First-team coaches Mike Stowell and Adam Sadler, supported by the club's established backroom staff, will assume responsibility for the senior squad while the club begins the process of appointing a new manager.

Just hope their coaching improves as it has not been up to much lately.

• Like 1

I think he was a terrible appointment in the first place, and should have been dismissed at the end of last season. Not good enough for Southampton but good enough for us?

I get his playing philosophy but it was never going to work here, and to continue down the same path game after game after game...clueless and arrogant, he sucked the life out of the players and the fanbase. Everything he did at Southampton was being repeated here.

We really have to get the next appointment right, because we are a Stoke/West Brom/Swansea waiting to happen. Sadly, I've little faith in our ability to make the right appointment. Do we get in an interim until the end of the season or go for our preferred choices which seem to be Rodgers or Benitez?

3 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Apart from fluking the Ranieri appointment I’m not sure anyone in the higher echelons at LCFC has any idea on how to select a mananger for this club.

Seems to be whoever applies really.

Just now, Tuna said:

I think he was a terrible appointment in the first place, and should have been dismissed at the end of last season. Not good enough for Southampton but good enough for us?

I get his playing philosophy but it was never going to work here, and to continue down the same path game after game after game...clueless and arrogant, he sucked the life out of the players and the fanbase. Everything he did at Southampton was being repeated here.

We really have to get the next appointment right, because we are a Stoke/West Brom/Swansea waiting to happen. Sadly, I've little faith in our ability to make the right appointment. Do we get in an interim until the end of the season or go for our preferred choices which seem to be Rodgers or Benitez?

That’s not an ‘or’ question?    Neither will come mid season (unless Rodgers really has fallen out completely with the board up there )

4 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Apart from fluking the Ranieri appointment I’m not sure anyone in the higher echelons at LCFC has any idea on how to select a mananger for this club.

There is a a high tec way that they go about this which involves a blindfold, a pin and a list of anyone available 

12 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes that’s it.

Puel is great; It’s the fans and the players (many of whom are now regulars were signed in his tenure) that are to blame for shit tactics and man management. 

You have no credibility whatsoever in terms of this subject, when you take such a childish line on this matter solely to defend the position you have taken in the past in making excuses for this guy, ie defending the indefensible.

Have some self respect and admit you were wrong, or keep your head down so you don’t look like twat! 

One massive, inarguable upside to his sacking is the slim possibility that you and your ilk will have no reason to post on FT. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

That’s not an ‘or’ question?    Neither will come mid season (unless Rodgers really has fallen out completely with the board up there )

No I don't expect either to come here now, Benitez seems an honourable man and Rodgers is chasing silverware, but that may not stop us trying.

The idea of Stowell seeing out the season frightens me to be honest.

Thought that the run of hard fixtures made it tough for Claude, and was prepared to be patient as we had fixtures coming that were winnable. I was really looking forward to a good run...starting with Palace. But yesterday was so dire that you could just see there was no way we were going to put a good run together.I can't work out what happened really? when CP took over, we looked really good and i was hugely optimistic that we were going somewhere. What happened?...we became awful!! I think Claude did some good work with transfers and the youth, but yesterday was wrist slittingly poor. Think Brendan Rodgers would be the best shout of all being linked, I know he has his faults, but at least the football would be good, but being a lifetime supporter and 56 fills me with fear that we could end up with Hughes, Fat Sam etc...

24 minutes ago, hejammy said:

This is the problem I see now. Will a manager want to come here knowing that player power has gotten rid of the last 3 managers we've had? 

I think you will find poor results got rid of our previous managers, the same old crap gets trotted out about player power, how about the fact he was not up to the job and many were calling it a long time ago.

1 minute ago, Ian S said:

Even when they are incompetent?

Puel did several good things. And his the decency after the terrible Vichai accident was very much to his credit.

Let's see who we get, and we'll see what we are saying in 6 months (or less).