Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

IT'S ON

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

What is his record? Lower half championship with Watford, abysmal failure with Reading, did well with Swansea, failure at Liverpool and left a mess that Klopp needed three years to fix, won trophies in a one team league where even Ronny Delia won titles. His record is worse than Puels - who won a French title (stronger league than Scotland) and took teams deep into Europe.

Not to forget that Puel won a European trophy too!

Alan Pardew could win trophies at Celtic!

Edited by ThaiFox

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Fact is his premier league record is better than Puel's, I am not saying Brendan is the best manager in the world but for a club of our size, he is a step up on Puel imo.

Puel would have a decent record with Sterling, Suarez, Gerrard and Sturridge all in amazing form.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

First manager to not win a trophy in three seasons in half a century. Transfer strategy was basically to set fire to a Scrooge McDuck vault.

I’m unsure about this, but as with Puel, let’s wait a few months before we find out he’s shit, THEN we can write on here the whys and wherefores of what he is doing wrong.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

What is his record? Lower half championship with Watford, abysmal failure with Reading, did well with Swansea, failure at Liverpool and left a mess that Klopp needed three years to fix, won trophies in a one team league where even Ronny Delia won titles. His record is worse than Puels - who won a French title (stronger league than Scotland) and took teams deep into Europe.

:( ...   Rodgers out !!! ...    Clod back !!!

• Haha 1

Wow lol

It's very un-Leicester. Fair play to them for getting this done so soon.

I am amazed he's walked out on them at this point when he probably could've still gotten it in the summer.

It's good for us though. He gets to learn the squad somewhat.

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

That’s 2 exclusives from the Sun

maybe people should take that on board  when sun links are posted and they say it’s “The Sun” 

LCFC HQ said before anyone else than Brendan could be at the game tonight.

Then news broke at 10:30 last night by the Herald, John Percy etc....

Daily Mail now saying he could be at the game tonight.

Fair play 

Just now, Babylon said:

You are quick becoming what you despised about those who slagged off Puel and went over the top about him. In his two full seasons they finished 7th and 2nd, both better finishes than what he took over. Yes they had an awful start to his final season, but Gerrard was done and they lost Suarez and were on the back of a calamity at the end of the last season where by a slip probably cost them the league.

So he failed slightly less in the league than Kenny Dalglish? Don't know a single Liverpool fan that rates him as a manager, and let's just be clear - he's a Mourinho level bellend but without the decade of consistent success to justify that.

Pint for secret agent Benkovic, just hope he doesn't get the brunt of it as they get their bagpipes in a twist over what has happened. About time we bloodied someone else's nose like we should do with other clubs players instead of being trodden down and being the victim. Scenes when we meet in Europe next season!

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You are quick becoming what you despised about those who slagged off Puel and went over the top about him. In his two full seasons they finished 7th and 2nd, both better finishes than what he took over. Yes they had an awful start to his final season, but Gerrard was done and they lost Suarez and were on the back of a calamity at the end of the last season where by a slip probably cost them the league.

Well said Baby.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It is when you choke away a winning position.

Same as Liverpool this season, when they lose the Title to Manchester City.:whistle: I think Brendan gets a lot of bad press, I think he is decent enough, put it this way, he is still relatively young in management terms.

Not overly excited by his forthcoming appointment, I sincerely hope that Benkovic to Celtic on a permanent move is in no way part of the deal. Is Top back in the UK now, I read somewhere that he was in distant lands at the time of Puel's sacking, Would have thought that Top would want to be at any talks with an interviewee

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Puel would have a decent record with Sterling, Suarez, Gerrard and Sturridge all in amazing form.

Except he wouldn't though because how would the ball get that far up the pitch to them when it's just being pinged around in defence and occasionally in midfield? 

Im surprised weve managed to get him in at this time tbh, but a part of me isnt, given its been said Rodgers and the board at Celtic have had words and not seeing eye to eye,

good appointment for us i think and hopefully all the fans will be on side and give him a chance too

actually looking forward to #LCFC games again, that feeling is back....huzah