Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

IT'S ON

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

They haven’t all been flops anyway

lovern

sturridge 

coutiniho

Aspas (doing well in Spain now)

Sakho

Can

lallana

origi

gomez

milner 

firniniho

clyne

alberro ( doing well in Italy)

Aspas and Alberro are like saying Kramaric wasn't a flop here. Lovren is a comedy figure and Origi ain't great. You could make a decent case against Sakho too.

Firmino, Can, Coutinho were very good signings though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well I hope those who disliked Puel's style of play are ready to accept Rodgers because by all accounts it's pretty much the same but without having a team that is totally superior to the opposition.

we can but wait and see.

Its not just about style with us though is it mate? Its about how he communicates to the media and the players, how he motivates and how he comes across to the fans. With that respect that you get when a manager of Rodgers calibre brings it will naturally filter down to the fans. He`ll bring passion as well and his teams press more than ours do. 

If it becomes official I think this would be an absolutely perfect fit.

Just now, The Doctor said:

Aspas and Alberro are like saying Kramaric wasn't a flop here. Lovren is a comedy figure and Origi ain't great. You could make a decent case against Sakho too.

Can't help but feel you've got it in for him, sure you were saying it wasn't about personality with Puel.

What's that old saying?.... Pot, Kettle, Black?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, murphy said:

I thought that people would be crying after finally getting rid of Claude and then replacing him with Claude II?

Unless you just don't understand that Rodgers is basically more of the same?

This won't end well.

That’s the spirit :P

Just now, The Doctor said:

Wasn’t lovern club captain for years after Rodgers left. 

Until VVD came, hardly a comedy figure in his prime.

Aspas and Alberto 

were both young and cost 6.5m each

played like 12 and 14 games, now worth about 7 times that.

hardly flops.

given the transfers fees of players that cost a lot more and are older and then lose value 

2 minutes ago, Birkdale Fox said:

Great news. I live in Merseyside and many of my Liverpool mates think he did a good job. Didn’t win trophies but neither has Klopp. And Rodgers wants to come here. 

One of my work friends is a Liverpool fan, and likewise he was saying what a great job Rodgers did. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

What is his record? Lower half championship with Watford, abysmal failure with Reading, did well with Swansea, failure at Liverpool and left a mess that Klopp needed three years to fix, won trophies in a one team league where even Ronny Delia won titles. His record is worse than Puels - who won a French title (stronger league than Scotland) and took teams deep into Europe.

If failure at Liverpool means 2 games from winning the title with an average team and signing the likes of Coutinho, then I will be hoping he fails here too. Who would you prefer, Moyes or Allardyce?