Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

IT'S ON

1 minute ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Why the continuous mention of Puel?

It didn't work and he's been moved on.

I'm encouraged by what I'm reading about Rodger's assistants that obviously get involved

May I refer you to Nigel Pearson? lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So he failed slightly less in the league than Kenny Dalglish? Don't know a single Liverpool fan that rates him as a manager, and let's just be clear - he's a Mourinho level bellend but without the decade of consistent success to justify that.

They've finished second twice since 01/02... one of them under him. So perhaps a little credit wouldn't go amiss.

Again, as you would have said to those who moaned about Puel, this is not a personality competition. Pearson could be a bellend, O'Neill could be a bellend, most good managers tend to be a bit of a cock.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

So he failed slightly less in the league than Kenny Dalglish? Don't know a single Liverpool fan that rates him as a manager, and let's just be clear - he's a Mourinho level bellend but without the decade of consistent success to justify that.

He gave them the highest finish in Premier League history, can’t be that bad.

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Give it a rest mate. He hasn't even been appointed yet. 

• Like 3

Fair play for getting it sorted quickly, he gets 10 games to assess the squad and then a full summer to make any changes.

Hopefully he manages to not annoy/alienate the squad in the next few months or we'll be looking for a new manager before Christmas.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1

Looks like we've worked out who we wanted very quickly and we've gone out and got it done. Remember the weeks that went by when we were looking to replace Pearson and Shakespeare. The mass hysteria of Prekigate anyone?

Well done to the club for getting it done quickly. Lets get behind Rodgers and not write him off before he's even started.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

What is his record? Lower half championship with Watford, abysmal failure with Reading, did well with Swansea, failure at Liverpool and left a mess that Klopp needed three years to fix, won trophies in a one team league where even Ronny Delia won titles. His record is worse than Puels - who won a French title (stronger league than Scotland) and took teams deep into Europe.

Cor blimey you're a barrel of laughs this morning aren't you.

• Haha 2

Hopefully we get the Rodgers of Swansea and not the one of final season Liverpool.

You have to remember that Liverpools signings until Klopp came in and demanded control were signed by a DoF and not the manager so its unfair to lay those criticisms solely at Rodgers feet.

I feel this is a right step, its an evolution of the work that Puel has began. Hopefully he has better man management skills.

If true, then good luck Brendan. You’ll get my full support as every manager should in my opinion. 

Now please, please, please can we keep a manager for longer than a season and a half. 

We really can’t go on like this in the future, it’s a recipe for disaster in the end. 

If this happens, ill be happy just to get them back for O'Neill. We need to take one of their best players as well like they did with Lennon. Maybe Forrest would do the job. And then to complete the situation, they need to appoint Peter Taylor, sign Junior Lewis and get relegated. Stuff of dreams that ?

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I agreed with much of what you posted about CP but I really don’t see the point of trashing a new appointment without giving them a chance

There’s already been to much negativity among the fans for too long

• Like 4