Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

IT'S ON

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Well I hope those who disliked Puel's style of play are ready to accept Rodgers because by all accounts it's pretty much the same but without having a team that is totally superior to the opposition.

we can but wait and see.

? he plays attacking football. certainly did at swansea and liverpool. At celtic he had to learn to break teams down a bit more but that's only because of the gap in quality up there - teams set up to defend at Celtic.

his style is far from Puels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

? he plays attacking football. certainly did at swansea and liverpool. At celtic he had to learn to break teams down a bit more but that's only because of the gap in quality up there - teams set up to defend at Celtic.

I base my comments on my Liverpool supporting in-laws from when he was at Liverpool.

Can we not just, as a fan base, get behind the ****ing guy?

If he is shit then we turn on him, no worries

But give the guy a damn chance FFS forget past records, forget Mickey mouse league's, forget everything.

If he is to be our manager get behind him, stop ****ing moaning until he gives us something to moan about

/rant off

4 minutes ago, martyn said:

Because it serves as a stark confirmation of Celtic's place in world football now, and that is a tough pill to swallow for their fans. If their best player being our 5th choice centre half didn't make it register with them, this drives the nail into the coffin.

The Premier League monster has made the SPL as irrelevant as its ever been. 

Scottish Premier League (If Celtic were Leicester).

Celtic = Leicester City.

Rangers = Sheff Utd..

Aberdeen = Preston North End.

Kilmarnock = Derby County.

Hearts = Hull City.

Hibs = QPR.

St.Johnstone = Rotherham Utd.

Motherwell = Fleetwood.

Livingston = Gillingham.

Dundee = Macclesfield Town.

Hamilton = Hartlepool Utd.

St. Mirren = Barrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

I base my comments on my Liverpool supporting in-laws from when he was at Liverpool.

he often played 3 at the back at Liverpool with wing backs too.

often had 2 strikers - very different to puel.

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, ThaiFox said:

Celtic = Leicester City.

Rangers = Sheff Utd..

Hearts = Hull City.

Hibs = QPR.

Motherwell = Fleetwood.

Livingston = Gillingham.

St. Mirren = Barrow.

Dundee United = Forest :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Lovren has been a national comedy figure for years.

They flopped at Liverpool. It's like saying Kramaric was a good signing for us. He's a good player but it didn't work for him here

Lovren has been a good player for Liverpool. High profile gaffes have tainted his career though.

2 minutes ago, Cujek said:

But give the guy a damn chance FFS forget past records, forget Mickey mouse league's, forget everything.

If he is to be our manager get behind him, stop ****ing moaning until he gives us something to moan about

/rant off

Most people will definitely get behind this as it has the potential to be a really astute appointment.

The only people making noise at the minute are either the ones that were dying for Benitez or the ones that are Puel fan boys that have backed themselves into a corner and are looking for any reason to make Puel look better than whoever we're linked with. Those same people will be all over this place the minute Rodgers doesn't hit the ground running.

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

Well you seem to be the fount of all knowledge regarding him so I'll bow to your superior know how.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

he often played 3 at the back at Liverpool with wing backs too.

often had 2 strikers - very different to puel.

Played that with Celtic too when he could but often lacked the CB's so couldn't do as much as he liked.

3 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Celtic = Leicester City.

Rangers = Sheff Utd..

Hearts = Hull City.

Hibs = QPR.

Motherwell = Fleetwood.

Livingston = Gillingham.

St. Mirren = Barrow.

Ffs Thai how shite does that make forest lol lol

4 minutes ago, Cujek said:

/rant off

lol lol and after five yrs you still have no clue about this place lol lol

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Most people will definitely get behind this as it has the potential to be a really astute appointment.

The only people making noise at the minute are either the ones that were dying for Benitez or the ones that are Puel fan boys that have backed themselves into a corner and are looking for any reason to make Puel look better than whoever we're linked with. Those same people will be all over this place the minute Rodgers doesn't hit the ground running.

Nonsense. I'll give him a chance, I'll hope to be proved wrong (and just endure having to avoid all press conferences and post match interviews), but frankly this is like being offered Tuberculosis. I'd take it if it was a straight choice between that or Ebola (Alan Pardew), but I'd rather not have either, and I've been clear for months that I don't rate him, it's not about saving face now.

• Like 1

Just now, lcfceaves said:

So confused, he’s risking tarnishing his reputation at Celtic now, especially if they don’t go on to win everything... I would have thought best for all parties, agree a deal to join at the end of the season

It's not best for us and that's all give two hoots about.

• Like 2