Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

IT'S ON

6 minutes ago, bald reynard said:

Possibly coming with his entire management team - including his Assistant Manager, Chris Davies.  He was a City Academy Coach from 2005-7, under (then) Academy Manager, Jon Rudkin.  I wonder whether those links 'oiled the wheels' of this? 

Edited by bald reynard

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Celtic fans saying others have delusions of grandeur... lads your best player is our 5th choice centre back, we've stolen your manager mid season when he was on for the trebble and our reserve keeper cost more than your transfer record.

Brilliant!

4 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

If failure at Liverpool means 2 games from winning the title with an average team and signing the likes of Coutinho, then I will be hoping he fails here too. Who would you prefer, Moyes or Allardyce? 

Different measures for a club of Liverpool's stature to ours. 

God no, he is at least better than them. But, I'd have much rather had someone like Marco Rose, Gio Van Bronkhorst, Vincenzo Montella, Philip Cocu... Young, up and coming with bright futures, not this bloke.

12 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Can't help but feel you've got it in for him, sure you were saying it wasn't about personality with Puel.

What's that old saying?.... Pot, Kettle, Black?

Granted, I find him utterly insufferable, and he's pretty much the reason I've stopped following Celtics results (all my dad's side of the family are rangers fans, so I'm the black sheep there), but I also don't think his record paints him as any sort of upgrade.

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Wasn’t lovern club captain for years after Rodgers left. 

Until VVD came, hardly a comedy figure in his prime.

Aspas and Alberto 

were both young and cost 6.5m each

played like 12 and 14 games, now worth about 7 times that.

hardly flops.

given the transfers fees of players that cost a lot more and are older and then lose value 

Lovren has been a national comedy figure for years.

They flopped at Liverpool. It's like saying Kramaric was a good signing for us. He's a good player but it didn't work for him here

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

He was keen on playing 3412 with Liverpool.

?

Something that is good about Rodgers is that he's shown the ability to switch his preferred formation based on the players he has available. Check out the post on page 2, but essentially at Liverpool instead of using his tried and trusted 4-2-3-1 he made them more of a German style high pressing team, getting the best out of Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge. Our forward play is dire need of improvement so I'd love to see what he can do with Maddison, Gray, Barnes, hell even Nacho.

I do wonder what Tielemans is thinking. I'd really like him to stay next season as he's a good player. I can see why Monaco didn't want him as he is still young and inexperienced but the raw ingredients are there for sure. Again i think Rodgers could really improve him.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

The Celtic Meltdown is priceless lol

He can’t take any of the players just now, however the players may respect him but will question how a “Celtic fan” can leave with only a handful of games to go on the journey to immortality and legendary status especially to utter no marks like Leicester. I lived in the East Midlands for years and you need to see this set up to believe it. Subutteo stadium, turnips for fans and only EPL money holding it together.

Mid table mediocrity awaits, or worse.”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bald reynard said:

1 hour ago, bald reynard said:

Possibly coming with his entire management team - including his Assistant Manager, Chris Davies.  He was a City Academy Coach from 2005-7, under (then) Academy Manager, Jon Rudkin.  I wonder whether those links 'oiled the wheels' of this? 

With Kolo Toure as well - ex-Arsenal, Man City & Liverpool (and Ivory Coast Assistant Manager!). 

That's a big team for a new Manager to bring in one go, they usually wait for a bit before appointing other staff.  Top will have to fork out quite a bit for them - and CP / Bonnevy to go!

Edited by Outfox the Fox

23 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Tierney or Chilwell?

I'd be shocked if Celtic even considered any bids from us unless we pay well over the odds. We're pinching their highly succesful manager in the middle of a possible treble-winning season - they're not going to be too happy with us, and it wouldn't be the first time a club has refused to deal with another club over similar reasons.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

Speaking to a mate who writes for the Celtic fanzine and he's definitely miffed, so that augurs well. Saying that it's a ridiculous decision for Rodgers to join us, and that we have delusions of grandeur if we think we're a top 6 team.

Said he's praying he takes the back room staff with him, particularly their head scout Lee Congerton, who he says is a liability.

Who said anything about us being or trying to be a Top Six team? Have Celtic fans ever heard of the lucky number seven?

Funny they can't handle the thought of their manager being approached by a club who tries to be the "Best of the rest" in the English Premier League.

We're not worthy. lol

Just now, TK95 said:

How can they be so bitter lol

He's won literally everything there and will leave them on course to complete the treble this season anyway. Should be regarded as a Celtic legend for that unbeatean season.

Because they've been chirping for years about him staying for 10 in a row and the trebble trebble and him being a fan and staying until it's complete... and then he walks for 12th place Leicester who just lost 4-1 to Palace. Without a rational head or knowing what's going on here you'd lose your mind... reality is he needs to reestablish himself to stand a chance of getting a top job again and our setup is ripe to be improved and make him look great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

If true then welcome aboard (soon).  For some unknown reason I have never been a fan of his and find him unlikeable but I must admit his record is very, very good and he fits the remit (possession football and decent record with young players).  He is also still pretty young and definitely has something left to prove in Premier League.  Quite surprised actually, I remember MON leaving us for Celtic so actually quite nice to turn the tables and it is certainly a statement of intent.  X

I agree with this. Never was a fan of him and always thought he was a bit obnoxious and full of himself. Tbat said, I will still get behind him 100% and defend him when the knives are out in September 

• Like 1

Just now, TK95 said:

How can they be so bitter lol

He's won literally everything there and will leave them on course to complete the treble this season anyway. Should be regarded as a Celtic legend for that unbeatean season.

Because it serves as a stark confirmation of Celtic's place in world football now, and that is a tough pill to swallow for their fans. If their best player being our 5th choice centre half didn't make it register with them, this drives the nail into the coffin.

The Premier League monster has made the SPL as irrelevant as its ever been. 

35 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Love this tweet on the BBC live feed:

Is there really be a bloke out there called Paul Skinback? :D

Paul Skinback: I think LCFC have shown great character in pursuing a wonderful human being like Brendan. He'll get the young men working hard, scoring goals within no time so he will.

I know four