Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

IT'S ON

2 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Why the continuous mention of Puel?

It didn't work and he's been moved on.

I'm encouraged by what I'm reading about Rodger's assistants that obviously get involved

It’s a joke isn’t it.

Puel was sacked based on performances and lack of points, where 88% of people a poll agreed with it. The Puel defenders are still at it! 

Why the **** are these people now lamenting the loss of this incompetent manager now we probably have a new one? 

There are even twats saying “Claude could done or that this at Liverpool” ffs.

Can we wait until Rodgers has proven to be shit HERE before getting on his case. IF he turns out be so then I’ll front and centre dishing it out.

• Like 1

It’s worth pointing out to the doubters that at Liverpool the board sold Suarez and when Rodgers told them he needed a replacement they signed Balotelli and Ricky Lambert without his knowledge!! So he can’t be completely blamed for his last season there!

3 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

If true, then good luck Brendan. You’ll get my full support as every manager should in my opinion. 

Now please, please, please can we keep a manager for longer than a season and a half. 

We really can’t go on like this in the future, it’s a recipe for disaster in the end. 

Totally..  If we can't keep this calibre of manager long term there is something wrong

• Like 1

Speaking to a mate who writes for the Celtic fanzine and he's definitely miffed, so that augurs well. Saying that it's a ridiculous decision for Rodgers to join us, and that we have delusions of grandeur if we think we're a top 6 team.

Said he's praying he takes the back room staff with him, particularly their head scout Lee Congerton, who he says is a liability.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Surely been promised money to spend as well you'd think, so perhaps we'll splash a bit more than we thought in the summer. I suppose losing so many players frees up a lot of money on wages at least.

May have been promised he’s allowed to boot Kasper and Vardy out the door too. It’d be high on my list of wants before I took a job here just to get a grip on the changing room.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, manders86 said:

There isn't an appointment that will keep every one happy. I think this satisfies quite a few different points for me though.

1. We've taken a manager from a club that took ours 18 years ago. When we got Puel it felt like no one in a job would touch us. That has to be progress.

2. Someone that will look to unite the club and the fans.

3. A name. Most people know how Brendan Rodgers is and his style and what that would mean to us.

4. The youth crusade we are on can continue! Has promoted youth pretty much everywhere he has been. Some great young players at Celtic also, could go back for Tierney/ Edouard who can make the step.

5. Unfinished business in the Premier league. Yes we don't expect to fight for a title, but his reputation was damaged by the time he left Liverpool. He is young,  hungry and has something to prove.

6. His missus is fit ?

All in all, I'm with him!!

No6 is crucial lol

1 minute ago, Mythyaar said:

Speaking to a mate who writes for the Celtic fanzine and he's definitely miffed, so that augurs well. Saying that it's a ridiculous decision for Rodgers to join us, and that we have delusions of grandeur if we think we're a top 6 team.

Said he's praying he takes the back room staff with him, particularly their head scout Lee Congerton, who he says is a liability.

He does realise that his team is like fusing cheating at Football Manager with playing in League 1, right?

1 minute ago, Mythyaar said:

To be fair isn't scouting for a large club in a country not producing much home grown talent, with a poverty league, who are then also expected to compete in Europe an impossible job?

14 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

What is his record? Lower half championship with Watford, abysmal failure with Reading, did well with Swansea, failure at Liverpool and left a mess that Klopp needed three years to fix, won trophies in a one team league where even Ronny Delia won titles. His record is worse than Puels - who won a French title (stronger league than Scotland) and took teams deep into Europe.

Guided to them to second in the Premier League to be fair, which is more than Klopp's managed to date - this season notwithstanding - and if Gerrard hadn't ****ed up in that Chelsea game they probably would have gone on to win the league. He also had to contend with losing his best player the following season (Suarez) and his next best player the season after that (Sterling) too. I think calling his time there a complete failure is very harsh. 

Signed a few turkeys too, but a lot of his players are - or were - still fully part of the squad there:

- Firmino

- Coutinho - obviously got sold

- Lallana

- Can

- Lovren - bit of a liability, but been a good player for them in general

- Gomez

- Milner

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

Hopefully we get the Rodgers of Swansea and not the one of final season Liverpool.

You have to remember that Liverpools signings until Klopp came in and demanded control were signed by a DoF and not the manager so its unfair to lay those criticisms solely at Rodgers feet.

I feel this is a right step, its an evolution of the work that Puel has began. Hopefully he has better man management skills.

They haven’t all been flops anyway

lovern

sturridge 

coutiniho

Aspas (doing well in Spain now)

Sakho

Can

lallana

origi

gomez

milner 

firniniho

clyne

alberro ( doing well in Italy)

• Like 1

Love this tweet on the BBC live feed:

Is there really be a bloke out there called Paul Skinback? :D

Paul Skinback: I think LCFC have shown great character in pursuing a wonderful human being like Brendan. He'll get the young men working hard, scoring goals within no time so he will.

Excited about this - he did well with Swansea, unlucky not to win the title with Liverpool, won the double treble with Celtic, and has a proven record in the Premier League. We will of course be a stepping stone to a top 6 job but, with a good group of (young) players here and the infrastructure we have, this could lead to some success for us next season, and hopefully a top 10 finish this season