Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WilfND

BRENDAN Official

17 hours ago, murphy said:

This is what I've been saying since he was announced.  He is Puel MkII.  It is amusing to see all the usual Puel-out brigade wetting themselves about this appointment when he brings with him the very things that they hated about Puel's style.

xUcAHd8.jpg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Look Rab.. 

We honestly don't care a flying f**k what you think. 

Why don't you concentrate on supporting your team and beating Hamilton Academicals or Annan and all those other huge clubs in bonny Scotland! 

:D Really ahouldn’t applaud this, but I could not help myself. Celtic supporters slander our team (well manager) but you stepped it up and slandered the whole nation.

Bravo. Nice and inclusive. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

celtic fans with comments like tinpot leicester! The team that pays bigger wages, bigger transfer fees and plays against professional football teams unlike celtic who are so massive beating semi profesional football teams!

If we're tinpot then they're crock pot!! 

Harping on about winning the European Cup in..... 1967!!!... They're as bad as Spuds supporters still knocking one out about winning the FA Cup in 1961!!.. 

Celtic's record signing cost £9m!!..our tea lady probably cost more than that!.. 

What a bunch of saddos! 

Rodgers had much bigger and better things to challenge him, he was obviously bored stiff of playing pathetic opposition week after week! 

I'd fancy Hartlepool to win the SPL. 

Gets a bit confusing this, so is he actually a poor manager who was doing what anybody else could do in winning in Scotland and Celtic are glad to be shot of him and he is that poor he is walking away from achieving a treble, treble that nobody has done before. Celtic must have had some pretty poor managers then does not say much for MON or Jock Stein as I thought they were Celtic legends. Think those running Celtic are more than happy for him to have left taking the flak from them when in the summer he would have moved on anyway. Think we can all argue about bigger club this, bigger club that but think there is one really massively important thing both Celtic and City fans can agree on, which club has the better owners wanting to improve

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stoopid said:

When your girlfriend dumps you and you tell all your mates in the pub how relieved you are...how you always hated her really...how it was never going to work...

Then go home and cry yourself to sleep.

That's just not fair!!

He's got to get out of the pram to pick up his dummy before he can even think of getting a girlfriend! 

Don’t see Rodgers as Puel Mk2. BR likes power, pace, aggression and actual intensity; not the French sort of intensity which saw Hitler twirling his moustache beneath the Eiffel Tower. 

There are managers who like more possession. Doesn’t make them all Puel clones. I remember how agonisingly close he got with Liverpool. That didn’t happen playing Claude ball. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think it's quite telling when the player who should be his biggest fan (Chilwell) pretty much threw him under the bus with comments about being more likely to stay now we have Rodgers is hard to ignore. 

He also said something like "you want a manager who is going to develop you, not just play you"

I really feel the board have made an impeccable decision appointing BR.

From the looks of it he is an incredible man-manager, something our team thrives with, he once again looks to bring through the youth players and continue what Puel started to implement.

The style looks to be one built around intensity and pace, something which we've had huge success with in the recent past. Now this isn't a dig at Puel, the playing staff he's brought in look ready made for this ability to press, but retain the ball and carve out opportunities where before we'd lose the ball. 

One of the reasons I was so unsure about sacking Puel, was that I didn't think BR or another boss was in mind who could push us further rather than starting another revolution. 

Clearly I was wrong, within a few days Rodgers was announced, someone who appears made for our club.

It's going to be an extremely interesting time at the club, and I'm excited to see what the future brings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katieakita said:

Gets a bit confusing this, so is he actually a poor manager who was doing what anybody else could do in winning in Scotland and Celtic are glad to be shot of him and he is that poor he is walking away from achieving a treble, treble that nobody has done before. Celtic must have had some pretty poor managers then does not say much for MON or Jock Stein as I thought they were Celtic legends. Think those running Celtic are more than happy for him to have left taking the flak from them when in the summer he would have moved on anyway. Think we can all argue about bigger club this, bigger club that but think there is one really massively important thing both Celtic and City fans can agree on, which club has the better owners wanting to improve

Better read than the media options!

39 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

Yup they wanted what’s best for the club and they got it. 

Schmeichel and Vardy can sometime be portrayed as snakes who undermine a manager.

I just see two players who want what is best for the club and and don't mind working harder and pushing themselves to the limit to get it. They could coast here and do the bare minimum whilst picking up their huge salaries as 30+ year olds but they don't because both are highly professional and ambitious and care for the club. 

• Like 1

Building one of the best training grounds in the world, have some of the most exciting young players the club has ever had and we've ruthlessly gone and pinched a manager renown for improving young players. I just hope Rodgers stays 3-4 years as this could be something magical. 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I really feel the board have made an impeccable decision appointing BR.

From the looks of it he is an incredible man-manager, something our team thrives with, he once again looks to bring through the youth players and continue what Puel started to implement.

The style looks to be one built around intensity and pace, something which we've had huge success with in the recent past. Now this isn't a dig at Puel, the playing staff he's brought in look ready made for this ability to press, but retain the ball and carve out opportunities where before we'd lose the ball. 

One of the reasons I was so unsure about sacking Puel, was that I didn't think BR or another boss was in mind who could push us further rather than starting another revolution. 

Clearly I was wrong, within a few days Rodgers was announced, someone who appears made for our club.

It's going to be an extremely interesting time at the club, and I'm excited to see what the future brings.

They've all said it...Puel failed to get the fans on his side.I would of had more patience with Puel,but the ideology was coming unstuck because of it!!

We don't know the internal mentality,but maybe Puel also failed to communicate with his major players,on ideas and future.

Rodgers has shown he has a good technical eye,and can communicate with majority of players.....No manager has 100% success on either of those points.It wasn't his fault Gerrard slipped,and that one issue must of hurt!!!

Celtic was never the cure,but proved a good rehabilitation....

We lost MON to celtic,That hurt hard the core fans,but none held it against him,nor Heskey wanting to forge a higher level of career.but it still hurt because at the time a delivering lower level team & club fans saw a chunk of light,if both stayed..!

Rodgers wouldn't of come for us then,but now we have achieved the holy grail and shown ambition,

with the owners and yes with  the board behind them!!!

Sacking Ranieri/Shakespeare/ now Puel has shown their eagerness,not to let the high ,on reaching those hights of the PL achievement faulter.

Even sadly with Vichais  death (God it still stings & we didn't know the guy)...Top has shown he wants the mantel,and he also with board is insisent,the project Leicester as a future stalwart PL stable member ...

Some of the media's and Celtics fans quacking  proving their own hypocrisy,will have no feathers,or nesting interest on our management's own quest to

realise and keep to their own ambitions and promises....We will still see mistakes and errors within descisions,the y're are part and parcel of running and maintaining a football club, but if they are kept honesty to a minimum,and they show a strong ethos and character of intent,that translates to the field,then our fans are in for an exciting ride!!

just to put out an early Warning ...I for one don't expect us or let's say Rodgers,to rip up trees.but

.by this time next year...

We fans first have to accept the rebuild is still in progress and as a long way still to run..

I want him and management settled 90% of our older/poor recruited players worries  contracts.

Even with expected twists &turns,and varying fan base opinions,have majority of the fans behind him...

the squad fully and showing they are behind and supporting him...it's football there will always be a couple of unhappy souls!!

See our player and team performances,having more meaning and consistency.

I won't care who he selects to carry our foxes badge,but the players/squad  have to be in a better place mentally,than now.

Installed discipline...on the field and off. Let's see just one boss...Rodgers!!

Ffs..don't waste the £200 mil. Rather carry on the youth development,from within and shrewd young first-year buys!!

for me, I would like us to keep our potential stars(none are yet end product)  but I will support ANY changes and exchanges,because

Any new manager gets at least a years grace,if improvement ,descisions ,timing and logic are good bed partners!!

welcome Brendan....go out create and build our new dogs of war!!

pS...Always but always ignore 1st 2 pages of match threads...:D

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Building one of the best training grounds in the world, have some of the most exciting young players the club has ever had and we've ruthlessly gone and pinched a manager renown for improving young players. I just hope Rodgers stays 3-4 years as this could be something magical. 

I really hope so. I don’t want to jump the gun just yet though, let’s see what the football is like and judge in the coming months.

:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

They've all said it...Puel failed to get the fans on his side.I would of had more patience with Puel,but the ideology was coming unstuck because of it!!

We don't know the internal mentality,but maybe Puel also failed to communicate with his major players,on ideas and future.

Rodgers has shown he has a good technical eye,and can communicate with majority of players.....No manager has 100% success on either of

Those points.It wasn't his fault Gerrard slipped,and that one issue must of hurt!!!

Celtic was never the cure,but proved a good rehabilitation....

We lost MON to celtic,That hurt hard the core fans,but none held it against him,nor Heskey wanting to forge a higher level of career.but it still hurt because a

Lower level team & club fans saw a chunk of light,if both stayed..!

Rodgers wouldn't of come for us then,but now we have achieved the body trail and shown ambition,with the owners and yes the board behind them!!!

Sacking Ranieri/Shakespeare/ now Puel has shown their eagerness,not to let the high ,on reaching those hights of the PL achievement faulter.

Even sadly with Vichais  death (God it still stings & we didn't know the guy)...Top has shown he wants the mantel,and he also with board is insisent,the

project Leicester as a future stalwart PL stable member ...

Some of the media's and Celtics fans quacking  proving their own hypocrisy,will have no feathers,or nesting interest on our management's own quest to

realise and keep to their own ambitions and promises....We will still see mistakes and errors within descisions,the y're are part and parcel of running and

maintaining a football club,but if they are kept honesty to a minimum,and they show a strong ethos and character of intent,that translates to the field,then our fans are in for an exciting ride!!

just to put out an early Warning ...I for one don't expect us or let's say Rodgers,to rip up trees..by this time next year,

We fans first have to accept the rebuild is still in progress and as a long way still to run..

I want him and management settled 90% of our older/poor recruited players worries  contracts.

Even with expected twists &turns,and varying fan base opinions,have majority of the fans behind him...

the squad fully and showing they are behind and supporting him...it's football there will always be a couple of unhappy souls!!

See our player and team performances,having more meaning and consistency.

I won't care who he selects to carry our foxes badge,but the players/squad  have to be in a better place mentally,than now.I

Installed discipline...on the field and off. Let's see just one boss...Rodgers!!

Ffs..don't waste the £200 mil. Rather carry on the youth development,from within and shrewd young first-year buys!!

for me, I would like us to keep our potential stars(none are yet end product)  but I will support ANY changes and exchanges,because

Any new manager gets at least a years grace,if improvement ,descisions ,timing and logic are good bed partners!!

welcome Brendan....go out create and build our new dogs of war!!

pS...Always but always ignore 1st 2 pages of match threads...:D

I put this into google translate but it still came back like it is?

• Haha 3

BR can certainly talk the talk which in itself is refreshing from what we’ve recently experienced. If he wasn’t a football manager he’d be running some sort of well-being tantric sex retreat in the Himalayan foothills teaching attendees to channel their inner self and how to delay their orgasm.

It’s a good appointment and I’m looking forward to what he might produce whilst yet remaining cautious that it might not work out as some expect.

I really hope it does. A season with some good football, cup runs and no sackings would be most welcome. 

• Haha 3

I already like what BR is doing and we haven't played a minute yet under him. 

Some times it's the simple things that gets the fans onside.  And he already has shown he is good at that.  From his few interviews there is already a feel good factor about what the future holds.  That was never there under Puel. 

You get 32000 fans behind you completely together week in and week out and good stuff will eventually happen. We've seen it before. 

Also, if you have a manager who is clear and concise with what he wants to both the fans and the players, it also buys you more time when things don't go right all the time. The fans won't jump on his back like they did Puel.