Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WilfND

BRENDAN Official

On 01/03/2019 at 15:00, Prionsais Rhunaidh said:

As a Celtic supporter of many, many years I`d advise you to not get too excited my friend.  I could have won what rodgers has won in Scotland.  He has taken cold feet because

Gerrard was breathing down his neck and his bottle crashed.  If he had lost the league to him he wouldn`t have been given the job as tea lady at Parkhead.  Don`t believe for one minute anything he utters.  He is a con-man and a fraud.  I have been hoping to get rid of him for over a year now.  He was sussed out by a First Division manager in Scotland, Jack Ross at St Mirren, and every team then knew how to get points from him.  As someone commented yesterday, he left so that he could spend more time with his family.

All the travelling around the world was too much at Celtic.  A maximum journey to Brighton or Carlisle will get him home at night without any worries of ever playing abroad, especially when he is now in semi-retirement and sitting thirteenth in a two horse league will suit him for the short time he will be there.  What is it?  7 managers in 4 years.

Even the pub teams in Leicester would give better job security.

Forgive me, but I really couldn't take anything a Celtic fan said seriously at this moment in time. The way the fan base has publicly exploded on every social media outlet is frankly embarrassing. The majority of Celtic fans are trying to play down what he's done there with some even suggesting Lennon is a better manager. 

I get fans are annoyed at the timing but the reality is it was a take it or leave it opportunity and the ad single thing to do is to take it. 

Leicester are a smaller club but we are a bigger managerial job. He's been one of the best managers in your history. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Losing to Watford is literally more preferable to winning anything with Celtic. 

It was awesome that I didn't have to take my ritual nap during the game today. A Celtic game usually consists of a Double Decker Bus parked by the opposing side while Brendan's side strokes the ball around the field looking for ways to create space so they can score. This usually takes anywhere from 10 to 40 minutes at which time the Celtic announcer SCREAMS at five times the volume for the goal which is inevitably Celtic. At that time I wake up and resume my position in the chair to watch Celtic either beat the crap out of the other team because they have opened up to try to score or resumed the double decker bus. 21/2 yrs of this. You get the idea......Awesome. I almost strayed.

I enjoyed staying awake for the whole game today. Always tough to give up that winning goal but I have to say that there is plenty of reason for optimism. (Bad Word sorry)

Thought about criticizing some players but realized what BS that would me at this stage of the process. I'm just so happy to be watching Premier League football and not The Scottish league referees and rugby players.

PS Who ever doesn't think this squad is full of potential is full of .

Edited by SO1

On 27/02/2019 at 09:04, Celtic_daft1888 said:
On 27/02/2019 at 09:04, Celtic_daft1888 said:

Dembele cost £20m and we sold him basically because he downed tools. Foreset, McGregor and Tierney are all Celtic fans. They aren’t as easy to convince as Rodgers.  

The players mentioned are different. They bleed green and white. If they weren’t players, they would be in the stand. 

With all due respect to Leicester and I mean them no disrespect when I say this. You are in no way a club like us. Everything you have, is down to TV money and finances. Without the money, you’d be nothing. You look down on us because we play in Scotland. I would rather play in Scotland with kids who bleed than become a tourist team in a tourist league.

Mcgregor will cost you £25m on his own. We already turned down £10m for Forrest couple of seasons back and he’s signed a longer term deal since then. I’m not for one minute insinuating that you can’t afford £40m for both.

You blabber some sh1te bud. I know McGregor's family personally, they are all bluenoses through and through, a true blue Rangers supporting family, McGregor will be offski in the summer and it will be nowhere near the £25m you've come away with. You've been reading too many Scottish papers son.lol

21 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Rodgers isn't here because he wants to manage LCFC. He's here to put himself in the Premier League shop window. 2 years and he'll be gone.

Where to seriously, can't see any top 6 wanting him, Arsenal already have a great coach, Liverpool won't have him back, can't see him as a replacement for Pep at Man city. Can't see Man utd employing a ex-liverpool manager who hasn't done much in Champions League. Only leaves Spurs and Chelsea? 

Edited by Crispin LA

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 14:02, Crispin LA said:

Only positive is that Brendon has never won at his 1st game in the clubs he's managed, dunno about Celtic 

Lost to the mighty Lincoln Red Imps in the champions league qualifiers.

• Like 2

On 01/03/2019 at 15:00, Prionsais Rhunaidh said:

As a Celtic supporter of many, many years I`d advise you to not get too excited my friend.  I could have won what rodgers has won in Scotland.  He has taken cold feet because

Gerrard was breathing down his neck and his bottle crashed.  If he had lost the league to him he wouldn`t have been given the job as tea lady at Parkhead.  Don`t believe for one minute anything he utters.  He is a con-man and a fraud.  I have been hoping to get rid of him for over a year now.  He was sussed out by a First Division manager in Scotland, Jack Ross at St Mirren, and every team then knew how to get points from him.  As someone commented yesterday, he left so that he could spend more time with his family.

All the travelling around the world was too much at Celtic.  A maximum journey to Brighton or Carlisle will get him home at night without any worries of ever playing abroad, especially when he is now in semi-retirement and sitting thirteenth in a two horse league will suit him for the short time he will be there.  What is it?  7 managers in 4 years.

Even the pub teams in Leicester would give better job security.

Oh b(h)oy, you've made a right twat of yourself here.

You've been ridiculed enough judging on previous posts so I won't add to it. Focus on staying ahead of Rangers than worrying about Brendan laddie - at least Rodgers leaving and Rangers catching you up might make the SPL a little more exciting for you eh ;) And of course if not you're welcome down to Leicester to come and watch some real football.

• Haha 1

On 03/03/2019 at 19:42, Parafox said:

Rodgers isn't here because he wants to manage LCFC. He's here to put himself in the Premier League shop window. 2 years and he'll be gone.

You know even if this is true, he needs to do something relatively special to get one of those clubs and if he does we will be the beneficiaries - so good luck to him if that's his plan.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Oh b(h)oy, you've made a right twat of yourself here.

You've been ridiculed enough judging on previous posts so I won't add to it. Focus on staying ahead of Rangers than worrying about Brendan laddie - at least Rodgers leaving and Rangers catching you up might make the SPL a little more exciting for you eh ;) And of course if not you're welcome down to Leicester to come and watch some real football.

Did we not consider a pre season 'friendly' to tie up the Brendan deal?? ?? now that be a fun day out ???????????????? sure any hostilities will be forgotten come july.....