Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WilfND

BRENDAN Official

35 minutes ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

I dont get this , Celtic didnt back Brendan with transfer funds, they effectively  sold him to us for £6m and didnt try to stop him, and Sutton, Hartson and their deluded fans are blaming him for taking a job for twice as much money in the best leagUe in the world, i dont blame him one bit

I'm happy he is here but can understand their disappointment and frustration. The man said it was his "boyhood team". 

If he left us on the cusp of something special near the end of the season we would be right ****ed off, I have no doubt.

That being said, O'Neil left us for them, which tempers me empathy somewhat. Their harping on as if they are the first team this has happened to.

13 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

I'm happy he is here but can understand their disappointment and frustration. The man said it was his "boyhood team". 

If he left us on the cusp of something special near the end of the season we would be right ****ed off, I have no doubt.

That being said, O'Neil left us for them, which tempers me empathy somewhat. Their harping on as if they are the first team this has happened to.

But he hasn't done that, he's left on the cusp of winning a treble in Scotland.  For the 3rd time running.

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

This shows Hartson up as an even bigger tw4t more than anything else.

Well said.

What we all have to remember is Celtic fans and ex players have now had their greatest fears actually confirmed.

The league is worthless. If you can walk out on a garunteed treble then it's literally confirmed to them. 

Imagine trying to get over that. Actually having it confirmed that every game is meaningless. All those goals they scored for them, all those pricey trips to St.Mirren and Arbroath. Pointless. 

Unlucky Hartson lad. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Uncle Monty said:

Is that not something special?

Managing Celtic in the current era of Scottish football is the equivalent of starting a new Football Manager save as a former international in charge of Barcelona then going into the editor and deleting both Madrid teams as well as both European leagues.  The problem, as many have already noted, is that him joining us has served to highlight this to the many Celtic fans living in denial.

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Well said.

What we all have to remember is Celtic fans and ex players have now had their greatest fears actually confirmed.

The league is worthless. If you can walk out on a garunteed treble then it's literally confirmed to them. 

Imagine trying to get over that. Actually having it confirmed that every game is meaningless. All those goals they scored for them, all those pricey trips to St.Mirren and Arbroath. Pointless. 

Unlucky Hartson lad. 

I'm sure it's gutting to see how pointless your top national league has become but let's not be silly about how big Celtic were in the world of football back then.

45 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Managing Celtic in the current era of Scottish football is the equivalent of starting a new Football Manager save as a former international in charge of Barcelona then going into the editor and deleting both Madrid teams as well as both European leagues.  The problem, as many have already noted, is that him joining us has served to highlight this to the many Celtic fans living in denial.

I'm sure it's gutting to see how pointless your top national league has become but let's not be silly about how big Celtic were in the world of football back then.

What does it matter about how big they are or were in world football? Celtic and Rangers managed to attract slightly better (all be it washed up) players Hartson and Sutton's day but its always been a worthless league.

Combine that with the fact they dont even qualify for the Champions League anymore and its a bit like having Forest in League Two without a chance of ever being promoted, reminding everyone how big they used to be. 

Its the part where its actually been confirmed to them that theyre so heartbroken about.

22 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

What does it matter about how big they are or were in world football? Celtic and Rangers managed to attract slightly better (all be it washed up) players Hartson and Sutton's day but its always been a worthless league.

Combine that with the fact they dont even qualify for the Champions League anymore and its a bit like having Forest in League Two without a chance of ever being promoted, reminding everyone how big they used to be. 

Its the part where its actually been confirmed to them that theyre so heartbroken about.

I don't disagree for the most part as you can see in the first part of that post, I just think you're going a bit overboard with it in that first post.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dayday said:

Hartson is just a thug.

Realistically, what’s he actually going to do if he does “bump in to him”? Assault him? Rough him up a bit? Push him around and make him say sorry for leaving his beloved Celtic on the cusp of winning the league, AGAIN?! 

Good one Jonno you big fat bald willy puller, you’ll do **** all. 

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I don't disagree for the most part as you can see in the first part of that post, I just think you're going a bit overboard with it in that first post.

Pardon me if my response to Celtic Reserves being bigger than the club i support made me reply in a slightly overt manner

It's none of Hartson's business what Rodgers does. He was offered an opportunity and took it. Staying at Celtic for 8 matches doesn't help LCFC, opportunity is there, take it or leave it and Rodgers chose to take it.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

It's none of Hartson's business what Rodgers does. He was offered an opportunity and took it. Staying at Celtic for 8 matches doesn't help LCFC, opportunity is there, take it or leave it and Rodgers chose to take it.

Sums it up.

Butt hurt celtic fans have a right to be annoyed but get in the queue it happens to every club.  If you were fighting for survival  i might feel more sad for you but you arent lads so deal with it and get behind your current manager (who will bring home the treble for ya no questions asked). Give it time he will leave us too for a 'big club' if he does well.

Champions of scotland we'll never sing that (nor do we ever want to lol).

• Like 1