Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WilfND

BRENDAN Official

15 minutes ago, murphy said:

This is what I've been saying since he was announced.  He is Puel MkII.  It is amusing to see all the usual Puel-out brigade wetting themselves about this appointment when he brings with him the very things that they hated about Puel's style.

But not the French accent, and that trumps all.

Under Brendan we will challenge top 6. March 2021, we are 2 points behind Man Utd who are 4th. Chelsea are having an abysmal season sitting 7th. They come in for Brendan and he jumps ship. Meltdown on here in true Celtic fashion.

• Haha 1

If you think we have a hired a Puel 2, then I think you are all mistaken.

Adrian Clarke looks at a key tactical talking point in Matchweek 29.

Sunday 3 MarchWAT  12:00  LEI 

When Brendan Rodgers takes charge of his first match as Leicester City manager at Watford on Sunday it will be interesting to see if he can make an instant impact.

Rodgers is an advocate of aggressive, attacking football.

While he is happy for his players to show patience, he expects them to have intensity and incisiveness when looking to break down defensive opponents.

A lack of tempo has been one Leicester’s shortcomings this term, so expect this to improve.

Off the ball, Rodgers’ teams are noted for their high workrate, with a focus on counter-pressing inside the middle third.

Goals from counter-attacks are common, with the turnovers tending to spring from the midfield.

This will be an area Rodgers will pay great attention to in the early weeks as he knows Jamie Vardy thrives in such situations. 

• Like 1

Brendan sides are aggressive. Sometimes too aggressive where they neglect defending. His Liverpool side conceded a staggering amount of goals for a side that came 2nd. 

I will say though, Puel's Southampton side that came to the KP in September 2016 completely and utterly dominated us in every aspect of the game. We were hanging for a 0-0 (as reigning champions). Both Puel and Brendan have positives and negatives, and I just hope people accept that flawed managers are at City for a reason. If both of them didn't have glaring flaws they'd both be managing regular CL clubs.

• Like 3

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Ian Holloway says Rogers is going to have to live with his decision now, he should of waited till the summer when there would of been other clubs after him! (Yes I’m listening to Talk sport ? he’s comparing Rogers move with his time here.

Ian Holloway is a feckin thick cabbage farmer that literally knows nothing about football. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Wish all would calm down on Rodgers. This constant media barage, training ground pics etc... Yes he's a talented manager and with time we hope the move will become fruitful but turning us in to Barca ain't happening any time soon. Chill peeps ?‍♂️

You do realise this is a fans forum? People are going to post pics and get excited by a new manager it's sort of the point. If you don't like maybe you should stay at home with your curtains shut and your Tele off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Ian Holloway is a feckin thick cabbage farmer that literally knows nothing about football. 

? I know, it’s painful listening to him rabbiting on about Rogers! 

Went to Stoke wanting a draw (him) got a draw and we got relegated! What kind of management was that? ? we gave it a go in the last few minutes when it dawned on him we were going down, incompetent to say the least 

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Ian Holloway says Rogers is going to have to live with his decision now, he should of waited till the summer when there would of been other clubs after him! (Yes I’m listening to Talk sport ? he’s comparing Rogers move with his time here.

Except there are no bigger clubs for brendan.  Liverpool is a no.  He coyld never go to manchester or cheksea arsenal or spurs.  So a well organised and well funded club like lcfc is perfect for him.

Who is holloway thinking of?

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Watch the first 15 minutes of any Liverpool game in the season he came 2nd.

You'll rarely see a more aggressive, in your face side and some of the best pressing ive ever seen. 

Glad someone else remembers this, I think many people think this came along with Klopp. The way Rodgers had Liverpool burst out of the gates every week was one of the reasons I actually wanted them to win the league. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MrLuke said:

Glad someone else remembers this, I think many people think this came along with Klopp. The way Rodgers had Liverpool burst out of the gates every week was one of the reasons I actually wanted them to win the league. 

They were super exciting to watch for sure. That 5-1 demolition of Arsenal was something else. 

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

Liverpool that season scored 101 goals and conceded 50. They averaged well over 2 goals per game. But they also conceded 1.5 per game.

And that's why ultimately they did not win the title that year, though they came so very close.

Compared to what we've seen over the last 12 months though, if we had that sort of goal difference, I for one would be thoroughly entertained :)

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

You do realise this is a fans forum? People are going to post pics and get excited by a new manager it's sort of the point. If you don't like maybe you should stay at home with your curtains shut and your Tele off.

I'm not anti but the love in is reaching ridiculous proportions. I'm a grown man, posters on the bedroom wall were 30 years ago for me. Each to there own. More interested in seeing what him and the players can achieve than the gratuitous shots of Rodgers every 30 seconds. It's embarrassing, we've appointed a solid manager - people get that? Small time the more it's milked.

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Watch the first 15 minutes of any Liverpool game in the season he came 2nd.

You'll rarely see a more aggressive, in your face side and some of the best pressing ive ever seen. 

Good point, so who in our current squad would be able to play this aggressive, high pressing all out attack kind of style?

Looking at our attack/midfield options:

- I think Ndidi, Choudhury, Vardy and Albrighton are well suited.

- Gray, Barnes and Tielemans would need to make minor tweaks in regards to their work rate. A full pre-season would help these 3 get used to a high tempo strategy. 

- Maddison and Iheanacho aren’t in your face, aggressive, intense kind of players. They will mainly need to focus on their off the ball game.

Maybe after a pre-season like Gray, Barnes and Tielemans, Maddison can adjust to Rodgers system. But I think, in reality, a bit like Ozil or a Mahrez... Maddison will be one of those players you have to make an exception for.. Question is will Rodgers want to do that.

7 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Good point, so who in our current squad would be able to play this aggressive, high pressing all out attack kind of style?

- Gray, Barnes and Tielemans would need to make minor tweaks in regards to their work rate. A full pre-season would help these 3 get used to a high tempo strategy. 

- Maddison and Iheanacho aren’t in your face, aggressive, intense kind of players. They will mainly need to focus on their off the ball game.

Maybe after a pre-season like Gray, Barnes and Tielemans, Maddison can adjust to Rodgers system. But I think, in reality, a bit like Ozil or a Mahrez... Maddison will be one of those players you have to make an exception for.. Question is will Rodgers want to do that.

Agreed - will be I interesting to see how Maddison adapts to the Rodgers style. He'll definitely need to up his game in terms of physicality.Think it could be the making of him. Hope so, anyway.

20 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

I'd agree with this. Interesting to see in the Brighton game, for me, Gray was doing much more work off the ball, was one of our best at closing down. Whether he knew BR would be looking out for that or just wanting to impress his new manager and break into his first selection who knows - but he certainly looks capable of fitting into the energetic BR model.