Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WilfND

BRENDAN Official

25 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Agreed - will be I interesting to see how Maddison adapts to the Rodgers style. He'll definitely need to up his game in terms of physicality.Think it could be the making of him. Hope so, anyway.

I think he will get there. He is a bit over confident, but because he is young he is still malleable. He's not yet a big enough star to throw his toys out of the pram and with good coaching will hopefully never go that way. I think Puel let him play the game in too much of a European style where the number 10 can take their time and saunter around the pitch. Even great number 10's like Zidane, Stoichkov, Savicevic did this. But in the Premier League these days I don't think you can play in exactly that way. It's why Ozil struggles.

I think signing Tielemans could be very good for Maddison and vice versa. Together with Ndidi they already seem to compliment one another. With players like Hamza and Mendy in the squad we also have good cover. Look at what Rodgers did with Henderson as an example. Not the most technically gifted player, but has a fantastic engine and puts in the work for the high intensity style that Klopp / Rodgers used at Liverpool. Both Hamza and Mendy can play that way and over the course of a 50 game season (including cup games) will be needed. And Maddison despite some shortcomings has proved he can pick and play the killer ball.

• Like 1

•  

image_bigger.jpg

Real insight from at #lcfc. Says he, Maguire and Maddison much more likely to stay long term coz they now have a “world class” manager in charge who matches their ambition. Rodgers has already told him how he can improve: “that’s music to my ears coz I’m ambitious.”

Chilwell says Rodgers’ training sessions (both of them!) have been v intense. Very different from Puel’s sessions “which were more tactical”. #lcfc See #ssn for more.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

You do realise this is a fans forum? People are going to post pics and get excited by a new manager it's sort of the point. If you don't like maybe you should stay at home with your curtains shut and your Tele off.

I was beginning to wonder when the doom and gloomers would come out and start winding their tales of woe. I now see this board is the same as any other club. Thank God I'm here for the football.

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Brendan sides are aggressive. Sometimes too aggressive where they neglect defending. His Liverpool side conceded a staggering amount of goals for a side that came 2nd. 

I will say though, Puel's Southampton side that came to the KP in September 2016 completely and utterly dominated us in every aspect of the game. We were hanging for a 0-0 (as reigning champions). Both Puel and Brendan have positives and negatives, and I just hope people accept that flawed managers are at City for a reason. If both of them didn't have glaring flaws they'd both be managing regular CL clubs.

Every manager has flaws and critics though. It's mad that people can't seem to see outside of their immediate bubble and look at things with perspective. Even Pep's had some stick in the past year or two.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I’m braced for this. Let’s be honest, BR is here to use us as a stepping stone to a bigger club. Given his Chelsea connection he’d be all over it in a rash. But in order for him to end up there he’ll have to do a good job here first. 

Given the the direction of the club we may also end up having the infrastructure such that the manager is less important. Dortmund lost Klopp but gained Tuchel. He left and now they have Favre. Not all coaches have worked out for them but in general manager (and even player) losses have not affected them too badly.

I think this is the secret to running a club, having an actual long term plan and strategy and executing around it. Building an identity to aspire to. And whilst it may have taken some time, I genuinely feel like we are doing quite a good job of it. Puel didn't work out but I don't think we wasted that much time. Just a shame we did not field full strength teams in the League Cup the last two seasons. Had we have beaten Man City just once, we would have been to a final by now.

Rodgers has been trying to set up the model your talking about everywhere he's managed since Swansea. I say that not knowing what transpired at Reading and Watford.

I believe it centers around a 'style of playing' more than any one person at the club. The Director of Football is the main person responsible for the implementation of it and branches out from there. The advantage to this structure is that you don't have to change your team every time you change managers. Michael Zorc at Dortmund is an excellent example.

One of most welcome surprises of this move was seeing a DOF and the surrounding structure in place here. As we all know you can have the greatest structure in the world but its the people that support it that count the most.

53 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

•  

image_bigger.jpg

Real insight from at #lcfc. Says he, Maguire and Maddison much more likely to stay long term coz they now have a “world class” manager in charge who matches their ambition. Rodgers has already told him how he can improve: “that’s music to my ears coz I’m ambitious.”

Chilwell says Rodgers’ training sessions (both of them!) have been v intense. Very different from Puel’s sessions “which were more tactical”. #lcfc See #ssn for more.

But all our players are likely to leave anyway and the manager has no bearing....

Didnt someone say that?

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

•  

image_bigger.jpg

this is satire, please?

3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

People here are actually bitching about others getting excited and being happy.... Jesus Fuching christ/Brendan!

Let people enjoy things. 

Did you express reservations, or outright displeasure, at Puel before we even played?  Or “enjoy things” when we lost, during his term?

Hopefully not.  But many did.

I agree with your point -- why NOT go happily into this, open to success?  But I can't help seeing some irony.

On 26/02/2019 at 18:59, cityfanlee23 said:

It's been a while since I've been this excited with a managerial appointment, infact I don't remember being this excited before. I really do believe Brendan Rodgers will take us up a lot of notches and push us towards the promised land of top 6. I really do believe he can get top 7 and push that ceiling. Really very happy today. 

As a Celtic supporter of many, many years I`d advise you to not get too excited my friend.  I could have won what rodgers has won in Scotland.  He has taken cold feet because

Gerrard was breathing down his neck and his bottle crashed.  If he had lost the league to him he wouldn`t have been given the job as tea lady at Parkhead.  Don`t believe for one minute anything he utters.  He is a con-man and a fraud.  I have been hoping to get rid of him for over a year now.  He was sussed out by a First Division manager in Scotland, Jack Ross at St Mirren, and every team then knew how to get points from him.  As someone commented yesterday, he left so that he could spend more time with his family.

All the travelling around the world was too much at Celtic.  A maximum journey to Brighton or Carlisle will get him home at night without any worries of ever playing abroad, especially when he is now in semi-retirement and sitting thirteenth in a two horse league will suit him for the short time he will be there.  What is it?  7 managers in 4 years.

Even the pub teams in Leicester would give better job security.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Prionsais Rhunaidh said:

As a Celtic supporter of many, many years I`d advise you to not get too excited my friend.  I could have won what rodgers has won in Scotland.  He has taken cold feet because

Gerrard was breathing down his neck and his bottle crashed.  If he had lost the league to him he wouldn`t have been given the job as tea lady at Parkhead.  Don`t believe for one minute anything he utters.  He is a con-man and a fraud.  I have been hoping to get rid of him for over a year now.  He was sussed out by a First Division manager in Scotland, Jack Ross at St Mirren, and every team then knew how to get points from him.  As someone commented yesterday, he left so that he could spend more time with his family.

All the travelling around the world was too much at Celtic.  A maximum journey to Brighton or Carlisle will get him home at night without any worries of ever playing abroad, especially when he is now in semi-retirement and sitting thirteenth in a two horse league will suit him for the short time he will be there.  What is it?  7 managers in 4 years.

You really are bitter...........................

You wanted rid of him, and you not bothered, but bothered enough to come on another team forum to have a rant. 

The irony of a Celtic fan talking of a two house league, the PL has been won by 3 different teams in the last 3 years and more than likely is going to be won by a 4th different team this season.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Prionsais Rhunaidh said:

You just can't help yourself. Good Luck and have a nice day. Tell your friends back at home that the more they cry the more pathetic they look.

Edited by SO1

50 minutes ago, Prionsais Rhunaidh said:

I’m not getting this at all. I’m hearing you and loads of Celtic fans going on about what a poor manager he is, yet are angry with him for leaving. If he’s as poor as you suggest, surely  you should be celebrating as most people were on here when Puel was dismissed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prionsais Rhunaidh said:

I think Celtic fans are bitter because they probably thought brendan would leave for a top six club in England and to them it seems a massive step down!. he wants a challenge to make Leicester into a top six team, where's the challenge in Scottish football!. there isn't one not for Celtic. it's great winning everything year in, year out but it must get paint dry boring after a while and if theirs no challenge then what's the ponit. records don't mean anything if you havn't been challenged to get them! being manager of Celtic would be like your sleepwalking through games and half the season. Even Celtic and Rangers find the league boring and not challenging enough hence why both teams would love to join the Premier League as well as the vast riches of course!.

2 hours ago, Prionsais Rhunaidh said:

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c7969ed524c566455

Glad to see you're taking it so well mate

• Haha 2

He was sussed out by a First Division manager in Scotland, Jack Ross at St Mirren, and every team then knew how to get points from him. 

Really? So why haven't they? 

• Like 1