Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WilfND

BRENDAN Official

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I put this into google translate but it still came back like it is?

You have to specify the dialect ... old high Fuchsian  :P

Edited by KingsX

New Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers has responded angrily to Celtic fans who have eviscerated him for leaving Parkhead for Leicester City.

Northern Irishman Rodgers enjoyed a special bond with Celtic fans during his three years with the club but his departure as the Bhoys target back-to-back trebles has been met with fury in some quarters.

During the week, a banner was unfurled by Celtic fans against Hearts reading: "You traded immortality for mediocrity. Never a Celt. Always a fraud."

Celtic were also forced to release a statement condemning the behaviour of a small group of fans who were filmed singing vile songs about Rodgers in a pub before the Hearts match.

When Rodgers was asked about his thoughts, he said: "Is it that bad? So who is fuelling that? Where is it coming from?"

The Daily record reports that Rodgers was then asked what message he has for the Celtic fans.

"I'd ask them, 'What the f*** are you doing?’Bloody hell, I'm one of you!'.

"Okay, I made a career decision. But that doesn't make me any less of a Celt.

"A fraud? Someone who turned up at half seven every morning of his life? Who was in there until all hours of the night? Who took over 60 games a season, preparing a team, changing a culture and a standard at a club, filling the support again?

"It is sad if it has gone that way. If it is to this depth, for someone who has given so many happy memories to a lot of people and has left the club in the position they are in with the stability, it is sad. I haven't exactly left a sinking ship."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/what-the-f-are-you-doing-bloody-hell-im-one-of-you-brendan-rodgers-responds-to-celtic-fans-criticism-37871182.html

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, KingsX said:

New Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers has responded angrily to Celtic fans who have eviscerated him for leaving Parkhead for Leicester City.

Northern Irishman Rodgers enjoyed a special bond with Celtic fans during his three years with the club but his departure as the Bhoys target back-to-back trebles has been met with fury in some quarters.

During the week, a banner was unfurled by Celtic fans against Hearts reading: "You traded immortality for mediocrity. Never a Celt. Always a fraud."

Celtic were also forced to release a statement condemning the behaviour of a small group of fans who were filmed singing vile songs about Rodgers in a pub before the Hearts match.

When Rodgers was asked about his thoughts, he said: "Is it that bad? So who is fuelling that? Where is it coming from?"

The Daily record reports that Rodgers was then asked what message he has for the Celtic fans.

"I'd ask them, 'What the f*** are you doing?’Bloody hell, I'm one of you!'.

"Okay, I made a career decision. But that doesn't make me any less of a Celt.

"A fraud? Someone who turned up at half seven every morning of his life? Who was in there until all hours of the night? Who took over 60 games a season, preparing a team, changing a culture and a standard at a club, filling the support again?

"It is sad if it has gone that way. If it is to this depth, for someone who has given so many happy memories to a lot of people and has left the club in the position they are in with the stability, it is sad. I haven't exactly left a sinking ship."

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/what-the-f-are-you-doing-bloody-hell-im-one-of-you-brendan-rodgers-responds-to-celtic-fans-criticism-37871182.html

Surprised he responded to be honest. He should know by now that most Football fans are idiots. Except for the Foxes of course:)

Edited by SO1

3 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

I pointed to a very clear example of our former manager being derided for nothing more than having a different nationality. I think that is an ugly thing. Interesting that you think that’s worth defending. I’d rather be thought of as a snowflake than being in your camp ‘mate’. 

Well, I’m just glad you are still defending Puel. Good man. 

10 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Don’t see Rodgers as Puel Mk2. BR likes power, pace, aggression and actual intensity; not the French sort of intensity which saw Hitler twirling his moustache beneath the Eiffel Tower. 

There are managers who like more possession. Doesn’t make them all Puel clones. I remember how agonisingly close he got with Liverpool. That didn’t happen playing Claude ball. 

You really should activate that lonely brain cell of yours from time to time.

Welcome aboard Brendan!

It's the first time I can remember us being linked to a manager proven at elite level (OK, almost elite in the PL and very much elite in the Scottish PL), and at the very top of the list, and then getting him. So I'm personally delighted.

For this season forget about 7th, getting to the 40 point mark should be the focus, with however many points we go over that a bonus. And as far as Brendan's style having much in common with Puel, it has to be remembered that he has a good track record of integrating younger players sensibly, not just dropping them in for the sake of it with no plan b. I don't see why we can't, given time, execute his style as effectively as Swansea, Liverpool and Celtic.

I think this really could be the rocket up the players backsides that was needed and they know, based on the results Rodgers yielded with the likes of Liverpool finishing 2nd and Celtic breaking all sorts of records amongst winning multiple titles - using the same approach, that there will be no excuses if they are seen to look lacklustre. It's the very beginning and I'm optimistic things will slot into place for us.

Exciting times. :scarf:

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 1

Ben Chilwell Hails New Leicester Boss Brendan Rodgers as 'One of The Biggest Managers in The World'

The former Liverpool manager's appointment has seemingly gone down well with Chilwell, with the academy graduate telling Sky Sports that Rodgers had brought an aura and energy with him to the club, revealing his belief that many of the club's top stars will now be more inclined to stay following his arrival.

"You look at the young players that he's brought through and the way they've become some of the best players in the world," Chilwell said.

"Yesterday I bumped into him in the corridor and he was pointing out things in my game he felt he could improve. That's music to my ears. He could have stayed in Scotland and won trophies, but he's come here because he believes in the squad. 

"He thinks over the next few years we can be challenging in Europe, and he can improve us. There's no reason why any of us should move on. I've never seen it so energetic around here. Everyone's happy to see one of the biggest managers in the world coming to the club."

Chilwell continued by revealing that Rodgers had told the players the style of play he wanted to implement at the club, admitting former manager Puel's tactics had played a part in Leicester's poor form.

"He wants training to be intense all the time," he added. "Not that Claude didn't, but he was a lot more tactical. Something he wants to introduce is playing with the ball and pressing high up the pitch. He's only been here a few days, but you can already see what his ambitions are.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, That_Dude said:

You really should activate that lonely brain cell of yours from time to time.

Oh I do. I could lend it to you. Then you’d have one. 

Honestly. This is why this country is in such a mess. 

Edited by ARM1968

Back from the pub and buzzing! Not from the vast amount of booze I have consumed, but because I genuinely feel we are on the way up as a club again. This is what the league win means, being able to lure Rodgers (who I am sure in his heart of hearts thinks he should manage a top4 club). And credit to Puel who has left the club in a very decent state.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Veteran Jamie Vardy is at the heart of Brendan Rodgers' Leicester revolution as new boss likens him to Luis Suarez

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6764815/Veteran-Jamie-Vardy-heart-Brendan-Rodgers-revolution.html

You've got to hand it to BR, he's saying all of the right things. And in this case it's not just lip service, but it's football fact. You can see already he understands both what is good and bad in our play and what we need to do to improve it. That is a very telling interview.

'Our idea is to attack well and we play an aggressive style but fundamentally to do that you have defend and for me, from watching the team, it's just about coordination and structure and then to have the ability to press. My teams have always been dominant about having the ball but having the ball to create opportunities.'

I wouldn't be surprised if BR keeps with the 4231 / 433 we've been using under Puel. That's because from a "structural" point of view it's a very good system as it allows a team to have a good balance between attack and defence at all phases of play. It allows the full backs to bomb on but gives enough time to recover when we don't have the ball. But under Puel it was lackluster and didn't work. Why? Because IMO we played too much of a European style of 4231 with football at a slower pace and too much emphasis placed on keeping the ball. This works in slower leagues like France / Spain / Portugal but needs adjustment in the Premier League.

Under Rogers I expect over time we will be pressing the ball much further up the pitch 15/16 style, but we will also have spells where we keep a lot of possession and do pass it sideways and back. Why? Because possession is the best way to defend as the opponent doesn't have the ball and because it allows a team to rest, which is vital if it's a team that presses so intensely. It means the game is literally played in spells during the game. Start strongly with high pressing and getting stuck in, then taking a step back after 20 minutes and recycling the ball to catch our breath, then start it up again.

Our biggest weakness under Puel is that despite having the ball, we didn't do anything with it. Our play was too slow and our attacks not very well coordinated with high crosses to a single man in the box, or crosses along the ground with no opposite side winger running in, etc. The opposition kept a solid low block and we were out of ideas. But given we've got young players that will be keen to listen and a striker who is renowned for chasing a brown paper bag in the wind, it's certainly possible we've found the man to correct all of these issues.

We just need to give him time. For the remainder of this season it will be hard to implement a pressing style as it usually takes a big preseason to get the fitness levels up. I would also personally expect to see a few tonkings like Man City did to Chelsea a few weeks ago. If you play this style of football and get it wrong, it leaves gaps all over the place, but it's a learning curve and necessary pain to go through to improve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hrs till kickoff and I can't sleep. I feel like a kid at Christmas. Thanks Strider for putting those Sugar Plums in my head........ It begins.

Always thought Vardy was kind of a Nasty Bitch like Suarez.:) (Without the biting.)

Edited by SO1