Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

So you do not think Soyuncu is good enough? What about Benkovic?

I guess my question is do we really need to pay 40mil for Dunk if we sell Maguire?

well to turn that question back to you, why do you think the coaches, manager and those that analyze their performances  are considering spending 40 million on Dunk when we have those two players?

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

well to turn that question back to you, why do you think the coaches, manager and those that analyze their performances  are considering spending 40 million on Dunk when we have those two players?

Any ITK's confirmed this is true? Seems like more a case of the media generating headlines by suggesting we will look to replace Harry with someone. Dunk and Tarwoski for £40m are good click baits! 

• Like 1

I'm not buying this story that Maguire is furious with Leicester for pricing him out of a move. He just doesn't come across as a kind of guy who would kick up a fuss and it's Man U, not Man city!  I reckon he would even have doubts about joining that shambles of a club anyway. If he goes, I really hope Man City swoop in last minute and take him right from under their noses. Match their offer and he chooses Man City lol

If he goes, it should be to a Champions League team. Man U are not that and won't be for a while IMO. Their only saving grace is that Chelski and Arsenal are in a right mess too! 

If it’s true and he really does want out then eff it let him go. Already got dunk who is desperate to play for the club or get another quality cb and invest the rest. Personally I’d love to see us go all out and put a bid in for Zaha, that would show some real intent on a push for the top 6

11 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Any ITK's confirmed this is true? Seems like more a case of the media generating headlines by suggesting we will look to replace Harry with someone. Dunk and Tarwoski for £40m are good click baits! 

It's good to have these rumours as if Man utd think we have to pay Hull, Maguire and £40m for an inferior replacement then they'll know there isn't much left over to make it worth our while. 

My ideal situation would be that BR is really impressed with Soyuncu and Benkovic pre season and selling Maguire solves a lot of problems and we have their eyes out for £85m+. I think if they've offered £70m and still not walked away they will pay our price if we sit tight. 

• Like 1

If he wants to go the door is over there.

Personally think he will be a fool signing for Man Utd. The club is in a mess and generally think we will finish above them this season.

if it just for the money then we don’t want players like that and can be replaced.

I could understand it if it was Man City or Liverpool after him.

Vardy will have fun running him ragged.

just hope we don’t drop our asking price just because he wants to go and Man U have got inside his head. 

If they don’t pay what we want then don’t sell him and if he sulks and does a Mahrez then let him rot in the reserves.

we are no longer a small selling club. 

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's good to have these rumours as if Man utd think we have to pay Hull, Maguire and £40m for an inferior replacement then they'll know there isn't much left over to make it worth our while. 

My ideal situation would be that BR is really impressed with Soyuncu and Benkovic pre season and selling Maguire solves a lot of problems and we have their eyes out for £85m+. I think if they've offered £70m and still not walked away they will pay our price if we sit tight. 

Absolutely ideal situation. Benko and Soyuncu battling it out to play alongside Evans and both show they are capable, with Morgan used for cup games/cover for those 3. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nickfosse said:

Is he a friend of yours? 

Not doubting you, just wondering how you know this information. 

Just logical reasons why he might want to go to United. "Yeah they're in shit state now but my wages will double, I'll be one of the most famous defenders on the planet and they'll probably sack OGS soon and buy a top manager". I reckon he'd want to go Man City as first choice though.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Could you clarify that please?

I think I got to the point.

• Thanks 1

THIS REALLY PISSES me of here we are building a team that will be together for a few years and this bloke wants to run away, how the hell do u get a team to challenge for the title when every one wants to jump ship, we are signing some good talent and then blokes want to up and leave, why sign a 5 year deal then. there no way anyone can challenge the top 6 if u cant build a team around ur best talent.

1 minute ago, bpfox said:

THIS REALLY PISSES me of here we are building a team that will be together for a few years and this bloke wants to run away, how the hell do u get a team to challenge for the title when every one wants to jump ship, we are signing some good talent and then blokes want to up and leave, why sign a 5 year deal then. there no way anyone can challenge the top 6 if u cant build a team around ur best talent.

By planning for the future by buying two defenders last season. And we did this. It was excellent planning.

• Like 2

This all seems to be press talk with no substance. They claim he's furious with the City hierachy yet has travelled with the squad on pre season, who all seem to be having a jolly good time!

He will still be a Leicester player come the Wolves game.

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

The Sun cranking it up yet further:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9501566/man-utd-harry-maguire-leicester-transfer/

236444282_Screenshot_20190713-231852_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0be6dd675574ef26dfc043df6e06fd8f.jpg

Sod what I said a few posts back. I hope he stays just so these **** rags don't get what they want. It's actually disgusting.

This is starting to look fake. Harry is a class act. We have never seen him get angry about anything. 

He would be an idiot to move to Man U right now. It's a meat grinder.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, bpfox said:

Harry Maguire has been a great and dignified servant to both club and fans. Why begrudge the fact that he wishes to move on and progress his career? At this juncture there are alluring prospects with greater historical pedigree to establish and cement an international career; we have to work to establish ourselves next season, and in spite of the perceived potential of LCFC, there are bigger clubs that are coveting him and deservedly so. Like it or not, there will always be greater aspirations than Leicester City Football Club and more desirable regions than the East Midlands. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, bpfox said:

If he does want to go, no problem as long as we use the funds wisely, as Klopp did when Coutinho left.  The major worry I personally have is, we piss the money on Dunk or the Burnley fellah.  Then we have weakened the side. If we replace HM with existing resources and strengthen up top, then this ‘could’ be a real positive event for us, which takes us forward. He is after all no VVD.

• Like 2

It’s actually quite a tough situation for the club £70m + is a phenomenal price for Harry Maguire, but they can’t just say fvck it sell. They owe it to Harry to discuss the situation with HM. If he wants to stay then we should turn down any amount, but at some point it will reach a valuation which it would be madness to ignore and Maguire will know that if they are willing to pay that much then that will come with a wage to match. Then it becomes a game of chicken, the club don’t want to admit they want to sell and the player doesn’t want to admit they want to leave, but unless one of them pushes it the deal won’t go through.

If Maguire goes this week for £70m then no fan should be upset, it is a ridiculous fee.

6 hours ago, Paddy. said:

The Sun cranking it up yet further:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9501566/man-utd-harry-maguire-leicester-transfer/

236444282_Screenshot_20190713-231852_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0be6dd675574ef26dfc043df6e06fd8f.jpg

Sod what I said a few posts back. I hope he stays just so these **** rags don't get what they want. It's actually disgusting.

If this is actually true which I doubt, best to get rid now, the last thing we need is trouble in the camp pre-season