Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

The latest tack on Red Cafe is that we are blocking his development lol

So I did pose the question that as Real Madrid are bigger, more successful (recently) than Utd, aren’t they blocking Pogba’s development? 

To be fair there are some posters who are furious with own posters conceit :thumbup:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dayday said:

If this is actually true which I doubt, best to get rid now, the last thing we need is trouble in the camp pre-season 

For a guy who stated how appreciative of what Leicester have done for him, this (angry with us) is extremely unlikely I think.

However, if he is going, then sooner is better.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

The media are absolutely pleading for a move aren’t they. Mind you, as has been said, anything over £80m is a no brainer really. Man Utd will get desperate. 

That's because I reckon Man Utd use the media to influence players. Have you noticed that out of all the club's it's mainly Man Utd transfers mentioned? Utd transfers are always top news on Sky Sports and the tabloids seem to have the biggest headline about Man Utd? It's Indirect tapping up to me and it's a very back handed way of doing business.

As an example look at today's gossip column on the BBC website/app. Look how many times Man Utd are mentioned compared to any other club

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MPH said:

well to turn that question back to you, why do you think the coaches, manager and those that analyze their performances  are considering spending 40 million on Dunk when we have those two players?

It could be that they are considered not good enough as you seem to be implying.

It could also be that they are a bit raw, perhaps not quite ready but with a lot of potential.

If the latter is the case, I would rather that we play Soy and Benko, back them and then live with the inevitable mistakes, as buying another PL ready defender will just hamper their development and also use up a big chunk of the HM money.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

They only bit i find hard to believe is that he actually wants to go to man utd.

Me too. I know they're classed as 'one of the big six' but they're in a bit of a state at the mo. Pogba acting like a spoilt child and questions of whether the manager is going to be given time, or has the experience to take the club further, nor does it have CL football. As it stands at the current moment it's doesn't seem a attractive place to go. But "they are Man Utd", bit how long can they keep that going without actually improving and getting back to challenging for titles? 

22 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

That's because I reckon Man Utd use the media to influence players. Have you noticed that out of all the club's it's mainly Man Utd transfers mentioned? Utd transfers are always top news on Sky Sports and the tabloids seem to have the biggest headline about Man Utd? It's Indirect tapping up to me and it's a very back handed way of doing business.

As an example look at today's gossip column on the BBC website/app. Look how many times Man Utd are mentioned compared to any other club

Can't argue with that and i'm not saying it's right but thats how alot of clubs, agents and players operate, i'd say Pep getting in players faces, Man City offering way under asking prices just to unsettle players and signing players simply so opposition can't have them are arguably even more underhand tactics.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

This gentleman agreement shit is doing my head in.

Every time another club wants a player that we dont want to sell. They all seem to have a gentleman's agreement.

What about the player abiding by his contract that he was happy to sign to be on more wages ???

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Yep, definitely seems to be some sort of love affair going on. Pogba news can f*** off aswel, sooner English football gets rid of that idiot the better. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Nah, it’s just that Man United stories generate more clicks from fans from right around the world.

Only probably Liverpool could challenge them on the amount of webpage traffic they would generate and they’re doing fine so their fans aren’t desperate for incomings like Man U are this summer so won’t be clicking as much. 

The media can do daily ‘Harry Maguire transfer latest’ and people will click on it no matter how small or made up it is. Especially as Maguire is basically a household name now for his England performances. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, murphy said:

It could be that they are considered not good enough as you seem to be implying.

It could also be that they are a bit raw, perhaps not quite ready but with a lot of potential.

If the latter is the case, I would rather that we play Soy and Benko, back them and then live with the inevitable mistakes, as buying another PL ready defender will just hamper their development and also use up a big chunk of the HM money.

Well made points.  As has been mentioned several times already, BR stated last October that he felt Benko was ready for the EPL (a league he knows very well).  As for Dunk, could well be Agent garbage?

38 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

This gentleman agreement shit is doing my head in.

Every time another club wants a player that we dont want to sell. They all seem to have a gentleman's agreement.

What about the player abiding by his contract that he was happy to sign to be on more wages ???

Yeah they miss out the part where it says if a club hits our valuation 

11 hours ago, deep blue said:

If I were earning a huge amount, as he is now, then I wouldn't be desperate to earn more.  There's no reason to be slavering for that much more than you need or could sensibly spend.

Not desperate, but equally its not just about him. The more he earns, the more he can ensure that his kids and their kids are set up for life. The more he earns, the more he can ensure mum and dad have everything they want. He can expand that to his brothers and sisters, their husbands and wives, to his nephews and nieces. If you could do this then why wouldn't you?

He'd be mad to go for footballing reasons mind

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

If he does want to go, no problem as long as we use the funds wisely, as Klopp did when Coutinho left.  The major worry I personally have is, we piss the money on Dunk or the Burnley fellah.  Then we have weakened the side. If we replace HM with existing resources and strengthen up top, then this ‘could’ be a real positive event for us, which takes us forward. He is after all no VVD.

If Harry had been here longer,or came through the Ranks,there would be alot more sympathetic and bias posts in keeping him..

I rate him, IMO he is with Gomez, one of the best CBs around Wearing also the lions badge.

I don't know what "stories" are true,until

anything is settled,I will take rumours with a pinch of salt..plus any Gossip put into his mouth,by slants,and out of context statements claimed by media to have been said...

At Leicester historically,we like our defenders to show what fans call loyalty and club commitment for longer periods,aka Cross,Sjoberg,Walsh,Elliot,Morgan,whitworth Simpson, and not be 2 season wonders.Wanting to dream their way into the history books.

Even the short stayers have been moved on and not themselves requested moves...in comparison Front 5s have been more restless historically.

What Harry ,media,agent,manager have been reported to have said,stays Gossip,

Until proved otherwise..!! Outright lies are the order of the day,once the media smell a transfer possibility,plus the fans 

Giving out reports and opinions,don't fair better..Everybody it seems try to force that their predictions are based on some

Phantom " honest- belief"

I would prefer that all clubs,to be honest and upfront with/to their fans,but today there are so many mitigating circumstances,that it's the wise choice when all parties stay 'stumm' .

Agents and media can then enjoy the free field...and play their mind games...

But as far as many fans are concerned,they themselves are not any better than any of the " accused" they too love nothing more than playing the silly games of creating Gossip far away from facts,and try hard to convince others their right to stating that opinion,is anyway based on some fact or other previously stated....Today social media has allowed an unnatural vicious circle...> media reads forums,cherry pick the succulent opinions,forum members read media stories used from their own forums,and then themselves cherry pick the sloppy non qualified or confirmed bullshit being reported,to give credulance to their own opinions..<

A journalist dream scenario created without doing any research,analyse or checks,and let's face it what's truth got to do with it..!!!

Then we criticise some sportsman behaviour and not being role models for children...!!  The whole set up of media is morally corrupt and cynical ..so where are the rules we or children should abide by.....Pearson's osteriches have free reign....because all the protractors deceive themselves upon ideas of hypocrisy....