Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

30 minutes ago, Jacnah said:

Not desperate, but equally its not just about him. The more he earns, the more he can ensure that his kids and their kids are set up for life. The more he earns, the more he can ensure mum and dad have everything they want. He can expand that to his brothers and sisters, their husbands and wives, to his nephews and nieces. If you could do this then why wouldn't you?

He'd be mad to go for footballing reasons mind

29 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Matty James?

No, he doesn't need to earn enough money to set Matty James up for life! :angry:

• Haha 1

Lord that thread is a laughing stock. 

So we're being insinuated to be being greedy for asking for 85million and blocking his development.

Yet some of the United fans can't see any similarities between this and Pogba, who has come out wanting to leave. 

Media circus, ( Chinese whispers)

l would laugh my ass off if he ends up at Man City.

Puts a different spin on pre season for me.. 

Most are and happy for him to leave ? “ take the crazy money “ 

Wan bissaka at 50m is crazy money the kid has 38 senior appearances 3 at eng u21 level?

Hamza choudry has made 43 senior appearances (17 for city) 7 at under 21 level  for England in comparison ...is hamza worth 50m

Harry has 4 years left is English, and a cornerstone of the national team, pay what we want or go elsewhere? We won’t be bullied!

Man united only have themselves to blame by paying what they did for a certain right back . 

Kyle walker he ain’t ? VVD , Harry ain’t , but then I’ll take you back to points above...

It is a Sunday and if you don't follow Cricket, Tennis or Motor racing it might be a dull day and the media have to come up with something to generate income. Never let the truth get in the way of a story and so easy to make or take something out of context. Ask anyone of our squad if they want to be playing in the Champions league and you can come up with a want away story ask the same player if they think Leicester are good enough to qualify for the Champions league and your story can be the opposite. Remember Harry was top of their wish list last season apparently well page 2 or 3 as they were linked with around half a dozen central defenders. If they wanted him so much they should have dived in then instead he got himself a wacking pay rise and long term contract. We got a player for a longer period but also by extending the contract length a much higher selling price if he leaves. So this being unfair to the player nonsense is just that.

Man Utd though, biggest club in the world maybe by revenue certainly not on the pitch and a long way behind Man City and Liverpool and I would not put them with Spurs or Chelsea. however if you think the gap between them and Man City on the pitch is massive it is not as big as the gap between their owners and ours. Top and his family are one of our own. It is not about turning a profit and milking the club dry. Anyone with half a brain would struggle to argue they have constantly done what is best for the club with a long term strategy. The Glazers well they have done what exactly, cleared the debt,  pushed Utd on since taking over.  Utd were lucky to have one of the best managers of all time in Fergie and he carried them for a long time. JM was a top manager but player power forced him out as for OGS we will have to wait and see. If they really wanted Harry they should have coughed up the money last season or as soon as the window was open what is the delay? are they waiting to offload a few players to free up some cash. They have huge income but also huge outgoings and missing out on Champions league football is a massive hit for finances the debt is hardly dropping the gulf is widening. Do they not have a higher wage bill than Man City I believe they have and with that major issues. We as a club have a plan to progress and are doing something about it. Do not know enough about Utd to see what theirs is. If Harry wants to go then get him gone but on our terms and wish him luck he will probably need it

• Like 3

Personally I think he will end up at Man Utd. All though they seem in a bit of a mess at present they are still one of the most glamorous and biggest club sides in the world and I can completely understand why any player would want to play there.

However, if the issue is money I'm starting to get fed up with this "well they want to set themselves up for life" crap. Just how much money do they need to set themselves up for life etc?

If we sell it should be for 85 million minimum, paid all in one go up front, absolutely no staggered payments. Then pay Hull whatever they are owed and then invest the money in a world class winger or forward. We remain far too reliant on Vardy for goals.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

This gentleman agreement shit is doing my head in.

Every time another club wants a player that we dont want to sell. They all seem to have a gentleman's agreement.

What about the player abiding by his contract that he was happy to sign to be on more wages ???

Contracts..including the extended ones,is unfortunately created to protect both parties for the wrong ideas...

Said player doesn't want to sign or extend for 4 years,but if he doesn't the club lose money,if there is a danger of him going on a freebie...or rushed deal because contract running out...

The player is protected if injuries ,loss of form,new manager variants etc..

The old ideas and traditions of contracts have lost all ifea on what normal working fans,consider common sense or professional courtesy...

Just look at the utterings and actions over the last few years,of slimey agents making outrageous statements on behalf of their players,or player statements,who want to force a rapid divorce from their present clubs,after only signing a new contract only 6 months gone...Neymar,Griessman..

Both set of PSG & Athletics fans believed they had reached the Gods,when those players signed...yes both clubs seen these 2 players perform in the leagues with great gusto,but didn't take them to the Expected European promised land, the fans so desperately

Hoped for..Another obvious example the Pogba-story...!! Though he didn't improve any of his or Manutd stats!!

So on a lower level,we should also rein in and lower our expectations.Ambitions are ok,but we should of learnt entitlement is not a fitting LCFC vocabulary..For club,players,or results!

37 minutes ago, Albert said:

It’s all complete bullshit that Harry has kicked off. All these stories are being put out to the media by agents & the United side in an attempt to get a deal pushed through.

Top set the price tag early doors & has made it crystal clear to Harry & everyone else that’s involved what the price is & It’s non negotiable!

....He was taught well ?

One wonders if harry’s agent etc are looking at what we are doing here and thinking this could be their last chance to get him out and earning mega money. If we make top six this season and the new training ground is ready for next summer then it could be very tough for Harry to accept any move which they are pushing him into. Look at the spurs model where players are happy, competitive in the top echelons of the league and plying their trade (mon to fri) in a wonderful training complex. They aren’t paid massive salaries to do so and they don’t seem to agitate for moves. 

pres season friendlies begin this week .... suspect Harry is a week behind being ready to feature (the press will make great play out of it though) but if he starts at Cambridge on the 23rd would be a significant public statement by us. 

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

It's good to have these rumours as if Man utd think we have to pay Hull, Maguire and £40m for an inferior replacement then they'll know there isn't much left over to make it worth our while. 

My ideal situation would be that BR is really impressed with Soyuncu and Benkovic pre season and selling Maguire solves a lot of problems and we have their eyes out for £85m+. I think if they've offered £70m and still not walked away they will pay our price if we sit tight. 

Apparently  Soyunco has done very well in training but Benkovic certainly hasn't hence the Dunk links  

Wether Harry wants to go or not is irrelevant if they don't break the record he ain't going no where as he is under contract so as you say sit tight and see what happens 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ramadaone said:

Apparently  Soyunco has done very well in training but Benkovic certainly hasn't hence the Dunk links  

Wether Harry wants to go or not is irrelevant if they don't break the record he ain't going no where as he is under contract so as you say sit tight and see what happens 

Is benko back yet?  I would have assumed he will return with the U23 boys tomorrow ......... if his injury has cleared up .....

Had this have been someone along the likes of Liverpool, Man City or Spurs I'd totally respect his decision to leave.

I'm in no way insinuating we are bigger then Man U (absolutely nowhere near), nor saying we will finish above them, but this is a bad move for him. It has to be totally about Money or long term potential of Manchester United, but with the Glazers, Woodward and Solksjaer at the helm... they're just not in a great place and think it will harm his career more then benefit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is benko back yet?  I would have assumed he will return with the U23 boys tomorrow ......... if his injury has cleared up .....

That's correct.

He had a Injury during his internationals so I'm not surprised if he hasn't done very well when he hasn't been training.

Jesus!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1153082/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Harry-Maguire-Leicester

Don’t ask whether Manchester United are right to stall on spending £90million, a world record transfer fee for a defender, to sign Harry Maguire.

Instead, we should ask whether the England centre back moving to Old Trafford frontier his current club Leicester Citywould truly transport his football and his career to a higher level.

Why leave a stable club that more recently won the Premier League title to join a team once again scrambling around in summer disarray?

Why leave a team with a proven high-class manager in Brendan Rodgers to join a club taking a sentimental stroll to nowhere with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?

Why take such a risk with the critical transfer move of his life?

If the classy and admirable Chieftain Tank defender of English football isn’t asking himself those questions, he really should be.

There are many observers of the game, myself among them, who believe that Leicester are likely to be a superior team to Manchester United in the new season, one that will play better football and finish higher in the table.

If the serious offers for Maguire arrived from Manchester City or Tottenham or Bayern Munich that would be another matter. They would represent a sensible move for a 26-year-old player of intense ambition.

I agree until the Spurs bit. He wouldn't win anything at Spurs! If he wants to go though then let him. Hes not as big a loss as Ricardo, Madders or Vardy would be! 

12 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Benkovic is not even back with us yet! So HTF has he done badly in training?  Please enlighten me as I am confused.

1 hour ago, Jacnah said:

Not desperate, but equally its not just about him. The more he earns, the more he can ensure that his kids and their kids are set up for life. The more he earns, the more he can ensure mum and dad have everything they want. He can expand that to his brothers and sisters, their husbands and wives, to his nephews and nieces. If you could do this then why wouldn't you?

He'd be mad to go for footballing reasons mind

I agree he'd be mad to go for footballing reasons but I just dont buy this whole money thing. If players cannot do all the things you ve mentioned above earning what he earns at Leicester then hes either a greedy bastard or poor with money. I just dont see how people can spend that amount of money. Of course its easy for us normal folk earning normal wages to say all this but I just think the pure greed from footballers now is staggering. The whole "they only have a short career" is bollocks as is wanting to provide for their families. I can provide for my family earning a normal wage so if he cant earning what he earns then hes an idiot. Rant over! ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Benk hasn’t been in training. Extended leave due to under 21s 

• Haha 1

From Redcafe:

' Maguire market price should be around 50m-60m, that's the price most top clubs would be willing to paid (ie City), anything above that is being priced out of the market. The only club in this world who is will to pay 70m is us, because we are desperate and Leicester is not willing to sell. However, If Maguire asking to leave, Leicester should accept 70m, as its already a very good profit and considerably higher than market value (20% higher than market value). Asking for more is pure greed and disrespect to players wish. (if insisting on 85m, its 60% higher than market value, its pure greed) '

We're being disrespectful to Maguire apparently, we've turned him into Englands starting CB and provided him millions of pounds, apologies Harry!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Fox92 said:

If he wants to leave I'd get rid for the right price (at least £75m) and go for Lascelles. Better defender and no doubt we'd get him for a decent fee.

Are we looking for a defender then ?   Maguire is so much more than just a defender (which is why he attracts some criticism on here where some folk believe a centre half needs to be more sjoberg than cross) ........

24 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Get rid. Not worth anywhere near the money being talked about 

I have sent my wife one way to find a massive wooden spoon,and my daughters spread over Norway to find the master troll...

Please leave your address so we can send both to you..ASAP...:frantics: