Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Not that bothered because we’ve got a fee that is for us. I was more gutted when Kante and Mahrez left and even more so for the price they went. I liked Maguire and thought he was decent for us but we can a better defender for much less. Lascelles from Newcastle is better than him for starters.

Now that he's gone it means we now have another spot and chance to turn another player into a full time international. 

Don't know if anyone realises this but we're the team that make the players that others crave. 

£85 million for Harry because we made him who he is mostly. 

We put players on the map. Vardy, Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater, Schmeichel, Chilwell etc, even Wes got to be an international because of us. 

We'll be fine, just got to find the next gem and polish it up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

This is a huge surprise!

Thanks for clearing that up.

Close thread (300 pages ago)

You could always be grown up and ignore the obvious rubbish if it troubles you.

I do feel sorry for united. They have literally over paid for him ? but we didn’t want to sell.... silly silly business on uniteds part! We certainly need a replacement though... can’t wait to over spend on a bog standard defender

6 minutes ago, south aussie fox said:

Chelsea take Kante and win the league, Man City take Mahrez and win the League 

United take Maguire and win the league, bollocks we get 85 million and finish higher than those wankers. It shows that we produce some of the best players to play in England. I love this club

Yeah I'd be happy finishing above 1st tbh

1 minute ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Are you itk?

No, annoyed we’ve sold him. And annoyed at some of the guff I’m reading. Bring in a cm a cb and a winger for 70 million quid in this day and age , as if. We’ve made maguire the most expensive defender in history!! No.. Man Utd have made him the most expensive. Glad of his time here, glad of the fee but I think we’ll come out second best out of this deal

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Well this has flattened my Friday enthusiasm somewhat, but at least it means we can see how Evans and A N Other get on tonight against Atalanta.

Ridiculous fee, but great for us - makes Youri look like a steal! Going to miss that big forehead of his. Means we no longer have a player in the England squad too, sadly.

Hopefully we go after Tarkowski over Dunk.

Chilwell says Hi

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

See ya slab head. Obscene money for a decent player. No malice towards him but I hope he flops massively there 

he will certainly be under the spotlight and I've always had him down as a nervous type of player however he did add quite a bit to our team in terms of his presence but defenders can be replaced quite easily.

I'd take Cahill as @Babylon suggested a better defender and free.

the worst thing we could do now would be to blow 30m/40m on another defender.

Guest Markyblue

Decent player for us but 80 million your having a laugh. Seems a nice bloke and was reasonably professional but time to invest and move on up, other departures have hurt us much more.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

No, annoyed we’ve sold him. And annoyed at some of the guff I’m reading. Bring in a cm a cb and a winger for 70 million quid in this day and age , as if. We’ve made maguire the most expensive defender in history!! No.. Man Utd have made him the most expensive. Glad of his time here, glad of the fee but I think we’ll come out second best out of this deal

You really don’t get how football works do you matey? You need to sell now and then to reinvest produce talent and repeat while strengthening our squad over time. Our club have played an absolute blinder here 

• Like 1