Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Players get "chances" every day in training. If a manager is continually unimpressed he's unlikely to give them first team game time.

I always think these conversations are more about giving US as chance to see if they are good enough, rather than the manager.

Absolutely!!!

Especially when you hear the likes of Silva and Ghezzal were supposedly unreal in training, scant sign of it when they played. Likewise I wonder what Iheanacho does in training that warrants any first team outings hahahaa.

1 hour ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

It’s odd that there hasn’t been much said by those closely connected with the club, unless I’m missing things..... which makes me think this is a story based on recycled rumours. I’m not sure he’s going anywhere.  

Such as?

It's absolutely recycled mostly, complete and utter horse plop in the main to get clicks from a load of desperado Man U fans around the world. 

1 hour ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

It’s odd that there hasn’t been much said by those closely connected with the club, unless I’m missing things..... which makes me think this is a story based on recycled rumours. I’m not sure he’s going anywhere.  

I dont even think man city or Utd are interested Maguire think it's all made up.

A bid atleast would of gone in by now to test the water

If we want to seriously challenge for the top six (now would be the best chance to do this, with issues at Chelsea, United and even Arsenal), then we should keep Harry Maguire 

if our ambitions are to finish top half and pay off a large chunk of the training ground, then we should sell. It really should be viewed as simply as that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

If we want to seriously challenge for the top six (now would be the best chance to do this, with issues at Chelsea, United and even Arsenal), then we should keep Harry Maguire 

if our ambitions are to finish top half and pay off a large chunk of the training ground, then we should sell. It really should be viewed as simply as that.

hear hear !!!!!!

3 billion likes !!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Or we sell and use the money to strengthen our wide areas and up front. This has been done to death but I really don't see where the £100m+ is coming from this summer to get Tielemans and then a top drawer winger, a striker and possibly another midfielder and right back. The only way to get all of that without them being cheaper additions is to cash in on an asset. Maguire is the one who we could probably afford to lose, even if he is an excellent player. I wouldn't be against him staying but it all depends on how it's viewed in terms of what players we think we need to push the top 6. We need at least another 20-30 goals on what we scored last season. We aren't going to get much better defensively under Rodgers, it's all about goals scored.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Or we sell and use the money to strengthen our wide areas and up front. This has been done to death but I really don't see where the £100m+ is coming from this summer to get Tielemans and then a top drawer winger, a striker and possibly another midfielder and right back. The only way to get all of that without them being cheaper additions is to cash in on an asset. Maguire is the one who we could probably afford to lose, even if he is an excellent player. I wouldn't be against him staying but it all depends on how it's viewed in terms of what players we think we need to push the top 6. We need at least another 20-30 goals on what we scored last season. We aren't going to get much better defensively under Rodgers, it's all about goals scored.

I may be completely wrong, and must confess, I haven’t been totally keeping up with our finances, but if we offload high earners such as Slimani & Silva and those fringe players which were out on loan, along with Simo and Okazaki off the books, then cant we get Tielemans and a few youngsters, without having to sell the likes of Maguire

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree with this statement. We need to be hitting the back of the net more and selling Maguire should allow us to strengthen in the attack. 

17 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I may be completely wrong, and must confess, I haven’t been totally keeping up with our finances, but if we offload high earners such as Slimani & Silva and those fringe players which were out on loan, along with Simo and Okazaki off the books, then cant we get Tielemans and a few youngsters, without having to sell the likes of Maguire

Silva is going to be part of the Tielemans deal hopefully. Slimani at best we are going to get someone to cover his wages but that doesn't help us in a transfer fee to bring in another striker, let's say we need to spend £15-20m for a good up and coming striker + £30m for Tielemans is £50m. Then we are spending around £5-10m on James Justin. We badly need a top drawer right winger who replaces or tries to replace the goals and assists that Mahrez gave us, this is the position that could potentially cost us another £25-30m or more if we are determined to get the very best prospect out there available. We are therefore looking at £70-80m on transfers and i'm not sure we have that available without cashing in on a sellable asset. Sell Maguire and we could blow £120m+ which could get us 4 next level signings.

Let's see how this plays out - Top won't want it to look like he's been rolled over and yet man city won't over pay.  We made good coin from mahrez and drinky... so I don't see we have to sell.

IMO £40M for Tielemans is fine as we know what we'r e getting - e.g. £29Mfor slim proved to be a big waste - I would doubt we can sell him for 15M.

I would prefer not to sell harry - as I dislike widening the gap between the top 6 and the rest; and I bet we will waste the money (ref: musa, slim., silva).    However, if he does go, I would like to see us buy a second cf (with pl experience - not spl! - no more gambles) and a new winger so that we can let gray go back to the  championship (unless he can convince Bredan that he can improve - it's not that he is a bad player it's just that he is not much better now then when he arrived - rant over).

So - we don't have to sell - but if we do then make sure we have the right plan.

Edited by foxinsocks