Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Evans, Benko, Soyuncu, Morgan, Amartey plus the 37 u23 cbs we have is good depth without a maguire replacement. The big question is can benko or Soyuncu make the step up. They're never going to do it by sitting on the bench, look at what happened to Chilwell when we gave him a chance. It's a gamble but there are bigger holes to fill in the squad. 

• Like 1

Just now, winteriscoming said:

Although I think armatey has improved I would be extremely worried if he started any games next season at cb. If maguire goes I would make lacaselle the priority to replace him. 

I like lascelles but Newcastle would want a lot of money and I'd be concerned about him going from hoofball to our pretty possession play. I'm not sure how he'd adapt. Then again, that's why I'm not a scout! 

36 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I doubt Ghana have a great pool to choose from. More importantly, they aren’t playing against top class strikers week in week out. 

The Ghana squad would get relegated in the Premier League. 

Oh and Jeffrey Schlupp has 18 Caps. (We all

love Jeff but come on).

I think you're being slightly harsh on the Ghana team there. Anyway, Amartey would be 5th choice CB at best. So if our 5th choice CB is winning awards at continental competitions we're not doing badly. :)

On Schlupp, he's managed to hold down a PL place for 5 years, under multiple managers. So he can't be that bad either. :P

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Although I think armatey has improved I would be extremely worried if he started any games next season at cb. If maguire goes I would make lacaselle the priority to replace him. 

We should defo look to do a deal for Lascelles if Maguire goes. If we can get him for a decent fee he's a very good centre back. I'd be happy starting him and Evans next season. I still cant see anyone paying the asking price for Maguire though to be fair.

32 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

I think you're being slightly harsh on the Ghana team there. Anyway, Amartey would be 5th choice CB at best. So if our 5th choice CB is winning awards at continental competitions we're not doing badly. :)

On Schlupp, he's managed to hold down a PL place for 5 years, under multiple managers. So he can't be that bad either. :P

Did you not hear he killed a fan with a shot that went well wide.

28 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

We should defo look to do a deal for Lascelles if Maguire goes. If we can get him for a decent fee he's a very good centre back. I'd be happy starting him and Evans next season. I still cant see anyone paying the asking price for Maguire though to be fair.

His brother lives in leicester too playing for the Leicester riders ?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

I’m not slating either player, I like them both and think they’ve both got talents in their own rights. 

All I was saying, is that (in my opinion), I wouldn’t class Amartey as a reliable option at CB if we’re hoping to push further up the table. 5th choice like you say, yeah I’d take that. I just wouldn’t rely on him being consistent there for us in respect to the teams they’ll be facing.

10 hours ago, mozartfox said:

In reality was he decision making any worse than say Wes’s or Demari’s or even Kasper’s on the odd occasion?  Probably not?  He will learn under BR and Kolo. He needs to play.

Love this post.

Nothing to do with its rhetoric, just the fact that I’d forgotton that Kolo is part of our staff and I bloody love that.

15 hours ago, Bert said:

Guessing you’ve not watched many games then 

Ermm.... have you seen how slow and awkward on the ball Amartey is? Everytime he takes possession i cant watch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The real question is whether Maguire will be playing in sky blue or red next season - or navy blue for that matter, should he decide to stay with the Foxes.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/harry-maguire-to-man-utd-man-city-what-we-know-transfer-leicester-defender-a4174936.html

Since when did we play in Navy Blue? Quality journalism again.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Not if it’s at the 11th hour and we can’t get a replacement ...

Or if then we are held to ransom and start getting prices quoted at £40 million plus for Dunk et al - we may as well stick with what we've got after paying the 15% sell on fee.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Or if then we are held to ransom and start getting prices quoted at £40 million plus for Dunk et al - we may as well stick with what we've got after paying the 15% sell on fee.

I'd imagine our stipulation will be it takes a transfer request for him to go... so goodbye "loyalty" bonus, which probably significantly covers the 15%. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Why what's he done?

Thankfully nothing. We don't want to sell and want top dollar if he goes. If he came out and said he wanted out it would knock £20/30m off the fee. 

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Thankfully nothing. We don't want to sell and want top dollar if he goes. If he came out and said he wanted out it would knock £20/30m off the fee. 

I expect this is what Man City are expecting him to do ..... it’s a sh1tty way of doing business but it works for them 

poor old Harry will have to do it to get away and no one outside of Leicester will care .....

1 hour ago, Merchant_Banker said:

The real question is whether Maguire will be playing in sky blue or red next season - or navy blue for that matter, should he decide to stay with the Foxes.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/harry-maguire-to-man-utd-man-city-what-we-know-transfer-leicester-defender-a4174936.html

Since when did we play in Navy Blue? Quality journalism again.

THIS is a real talking point.

I can see why they'd call it navy blue. But it shimmers more. I'd call it "Royal Blue" or something. But we're not Reading. 
Plus - sky blue? Could a move to Coventry be on the cards?

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

guess the likes of Soyuncu and Benkovic wouldnt be called replacements then.....maybe we should just disregard them...

Less presumption and attitude lol Frankie old son!

It depends very much on what BR thinks but if Benkovic isn't properly fit or needs another season on loan and Soyunco is considered cover but not a starter then yeah we'll be likely getting in a replacement - we would all I'm sure love one of them to be an immediate shoe in, but I'm yet to see definitive evidence that they'll get their opportunity or are definitely ready.

• Like 1