Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Huddersfield away.. Next up.

Working amongst the Huddersfield fan base, I can honestly say it has been one of the most accepted and least angry/disappointed relegations I’ve known. The attitude among the majority of Huddersfield fans reminds me of our attitude to the champions league a few years ago in many ways. We couldn’t believe we were there witnessing it, we just wanted to give it a go, and when the time came to exit the competition we were left with nothing but pride. 

This weekend has the potential to be a real banana skin though, but as long as our players treat Huddersfield with the respect worthy of any premier league opponent this should be a needed win if we’re to finish 7th. 

• Like 1

At the minute we would be the absolute worst team to play after relegation with the pressure off to 'Just have a go'. Our counter attacking team would rip them to shreds if that were the case.

I imagine it will be a tight game decided by one goal. Huddersfield will be trying their absolute best to not get embarrassed any further.

On 01/04/2019 at 09:25, sylofox said:

Your face at the full time score Huddy 2 Leicester 0 lol lol lol

I so hope the manager and players have a better attitude than you. 

Yes, the comment was slightly tongue in cheek. Newport, where we really did play at 35%, shows what happens

In years gone by, I always expect city to lose to the garbage. Its what we do.

But I've tried to move beyond that. Our players should be simply too good for Huddersfield. Too quick. Too skilful. Too strong.

On 02/04/2019 at 07:56, rn9013 said:

Working amongst the Huddersfield fan base, I can honestly say it has been one of the most accepted and least angry/disappointed relegations I’ve known. The attitude among the majority of Huddersfield fans reminds me of our attitude to the champions league a few years ago in many ways. We couldn’t believe we were there witnessing it, we just wanted to give it a go, and when the time came to exit the competition we were left with nothing but pride. 

Good on them. They've gone out with a bit of a whimper but the previous 2 seasons must have been class for them.

Bright future too- they haven't gone mental with their money so the parachute payments will give them a massive advantage in the Championship. Relegated clubs usually have to use them to compensate an over-inflated wage bill.

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

Good on them. They've gone out with a bit of a whimper but the previous 2 seasons must have been class for them.

Bright future too- they haven't gone mental with their money so the parachute payments will give them a massive advantage in the Championship. Relegated clubs usually have to use them to compensate an over-inflated wage bill.

Agreed. They have a local owner too who genuinely has the best interests of the club at heart. It's refreshing to see. 

• Like 1

On 02/04/2019 at 18:07, Ric Flair said:

Ndidi was a beast on Saturday and after playing both games for Nigeria, he could have earnt a rest. Choudhury has got to get some minutes before the end of the season, surely.

I feel like if he doesn't play in this one he's not going to play at all this season which would be a shame. He's a joy to watch with his crazy slide tackling.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Happy with a scrappy 1-0 win here.

They'll be desperate to finish above Fulham

Nowhere near as desperate as they've been to finish above anyone for the last 32 games.

Just not buying this 'banana skin' stuff. The other argument that they'll come good now they've nothing to play for implies they're a flair team who've been held back by the pressure of staying in the Prem. I can help with that

They got relegated in March because they're shit. If we lose, we lose because we don't turn up. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Nowhere near as desperate as they've been to finish above anyone for the last 32 games.

Just not buying this 'banana skin' stuff. The other argument that they'll come good now they've nothing to play for implies they're a flair team who've been held back by the pressure of staying in the Prem. I can help with that

They got relegated in March because they're shit. If we lose, we lose because we don't turn up. 

Their remaining games include Spurs and Liverpool away, and Man Utd at home. To have any hope of staying up they would have needed to win all of those and hope that the like of Cardiff/Burnley lost every game.

Their relegation may only have been officially confirmed in the last week, but they've known they were going down for over a month. The 'R' on the table won't take off any pressure - that was already a foregone conclusion, and they still lost the last 4.

The bit in bold sums it up for me. We should win this and win it comfortably if we have any aspirations of pushing the top 6 in future.

On 01/04/2019 at 20:40, TrentFox said:

What’s interesting for me is that nobody has posted a team ?. Does that say we are all in agreement that we’ve found our best 11?  Wow. Only took 32 games ?

I think we knew close enough what it was towards the end under Puel as well. The only debates would be around Albrighton/Gray/Barnes (that's ended because of Albrighton's injury) and the CM that played with N'didi, and that ended the second Tielemans came in. 

• Like 1