Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Huddersfield away.. Next up.

Most of the team picks itself. Only real question is which CBs do we go for.

Evans hasn't put a foot wrong.

Hard to drop Morgan after a couple of very good performances.

Maguire is our best CB on his day, so does he come straight back in?

We might even look to give Soyuncu minutes against a side which shouldn't pose much threat, in an effort to bed him in for next year (if he's staying).

As always, would like to see Choudhury on the bench, although realistically he's competing with Mendy for that spot who has been pretty effective recently at closing out games. Tough call.

Likewise some of the youngsters might deserve at least a spot on the bench - Tavares springs to mind - but is now the right time, when we still have a sniff at possibly getting into Europe? If not, then they probably won't get a chance this season as by the time we give up on chasing 7th, our last 3 games wouldn't necessarily be the best opposition to give debuts against...

The only change I think will happen is Maguire coming back in for Morgan, as well as Wes has done against Burnley and Bournemouth. Rodgers has continuously spoken about Morgan understanding his role in the squad so I think he will stick to that approach to replicate plans for next season as closely as possible. 

A must-win for us if we want to keep the heat on for the Europa League spot. We need 9 points from 9 against Huddersfield, Newcastle and West Ham ahead of our tough final 3 fixtures. I'm oddly uneasy about this game. I think we'll get the win but how many times do you see a recently relegated side win their first game after relegation is confirmed. 

1-2 Leicester.

As a lifelong City fan who also happens to be a Huddersfield season ticket holder, this fixture (and the corresponding one at the KP) have long been the highlights of my season. Can only see a City win Saturday but hope the Terriers at least make a game of it. Both teams changed their managers at around the same time, Rogers clearly a perfect fit, Siebart possibly out of his depth but will be given time. Huddersfield's demise not helped by disastrous forays into the transfer market last summer, convincing me that the guy who targeted Slimani,  Musa, Ienanacho (and a few others) must slipped up north have become their new head of recruitment! Fortunately, City seem to be doing better in that area these days, particularly if they can get shot of Silva as part of a deal for Tiellemans. There'll be a good atmosphere on Saturday, Leicester fans (indeed any fans, apart from Leeds!) are always welcome in Huddersfield. Btw The Magic Brewery Tap and Slubbers Arms (about 200 m apart) both great for pre-match refreshments.

• Like 3

This won’t be as ‘easy’ as some make out. We still have to earn the right to impose our game on them with a good solid base and a good attitude. I am confident if they think stuff it we’re already down and go for it, we can hit them on the break, hopefully we can take the chances. We have become more clinical in recent weeks, and look much more creative. Wilf will be important in this one. A game that’s trickier than it looks on paper, but one we should expect a positive result. 3-0/3-1 Leicester 

Edited by DerbyshireFox

Agree that this won't be as easy as it perhaps should be on paper, and a couple of months ago, I would have guessed we would concede early and struggle to get a draw.

Now, I would go for 2-1 to city with moderate confidence. 

I see no reason at all to tinker with the team. Everyone, including Soyuncu, has been given a good wodge of minutes this season on Puel's merry-go-round. Now we need to stick to developing this very cohesive, functioning 11 that gets us through the run-in in the best possible manner. I'd even start Morgan and keep Harry on the bench. 

6 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Agree that this won't be as easy as it perhaps should be on paper, and a couple of months ago, I would have guessed we would concede early and struggle to get a draw.

Now, I would go for 2-1 to city with moderate confidence. 

I see no reason at all to tinker with the team. Everyone, including Soyuncu, has been given a good wodge of minutes this season on Puel's merry-go-round. Now we need to stick to developing this very cohesive, functioning 11 that gets us through the run-in in the best possible manner. I'd even start Morgan and keep Harry on the bench. 

The lad has made about 4 PL appearances, he didn't even get a game vs Newport in the cup. His last appearance was late December. There was a lot of rotation under Puel but he didn't benefit that much from that and Choudhury certainly fell foul to it, he at least deserves more minutes if possible.

• Like 1

Just being a totally selfish fan...Seeing and experiencing players ,that from the perspective Rodgers wouldnt have seen or had!!!

I would have...

Maguire-Soyuncu.....then.  Tielemans ,Choudry.Ndidi....Maddison Vardy  Barnes...

A few stats 

Huddersfield are winless in their last 10 league meetings with Leicester (D1 L9) since a 3-1 victory in the second tier in November 1995.

Leicester have only failed to score in one of their last 21 league meetings with Huddersfield (0-1 in November 1987), finding the net in each of the last 12.

Huddersfield have not scored more than once in their last 21 Premier League home games (8 goals in total) and have lost eight of their last nine at the John Smith's Stadium (W1).

Leicester have only failed to score in one of their 16 Premier League away games this season (0-1 vs Crystal Palace).

Already relegated Huddersfield have taken just four points from their last 57 available in the Premier League (W1 D1 L17).

Leicester have won their last three Premier League games, last winning four in a row in December 2017 under Claude Puel.

Huddersfield will be the 31st different side Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has faced in the Premier League - he's beaten 27 of the previous 30 he's come up against, failing only against Chelsea (8 games), Wolves (2) and Watford (1).

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has already won three of his four Premier League games in charge of the Foxes. It took him 15 games to win four matches at all of his previous clubs in the competition (Swansea City and Liverpool).

Steve Mounie is the only Huddersfield player to score more than once in Premier League home games this season, with the Beninese forward netting twice at the John Smith's Stadium.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

A few stats 

Huddersfield are winless in their last 10 league meetings with Leicester (D1 L9) since a 3-1 victory in the second tier in November 1995.

Leicester have only failed to score in one of their last 21 league meetings with Huddersfield (0-1 in November 1987), finding the net in each of the last 12.

You couldn't call us a 'bogey side' as we're a bigger club, but that is some record. Similar to ours with Arsenal until last season.

On 04/04/2019 at 07:23, LCCFox96 said:

The only change I think will happen is Maguire coming back in for Morgan, as well as Wes has done against Burnley and Bournemouth. Rodgers has continuously spoken about Morgan understanding his role in the squad so I think he will stick to that approach to replicate plans for next season as closely as possible. 

A must-win for us if we want to keep the heat on for the Europa League spot. We need 9 points from 9 against Huddersfield, Newcastle and West Ham ahead of our tough final 3 fixtures. I'm oddly uneasy about this game. I think we'll get the win but how many times do you see a recently relegated side win their first game after relegation is confirmed. 

1-2 Leicester.

Yes but.......If Maguire wants to come back into the first team squad he going to have to earn it unless its for tactical reasons. Wes is the man and Maguire will have to better him in training. See you after the match:)