Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Demarai Gray

5 minutes ago, mad biker said:

What a load of cobblers, can`t think of many young players that have left us and gone on to better things.

There was that lineker boy and heskey didn’t do too badly but we don’t generally see our youngsters move onto better things ...... guess we haven’t been a great source of good youngsters over the years .......

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There was that lineker boy and heskey didn’t do too badly but we don’t generally see our youngsters move onto better things ...... guess we haven’t been a great source of good youngsters over the years .......

The point being is they wern't exactly crap for us though were they. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Funny enough I notice the 28 year old Joe Mattock got booked today for Rotherham in their 2-1 defeat against West Brom. I remember he left us to further his career, how did that work out for him?  

3 hours ago, mad biker said:

What a load of cobblers, can`t think of many young players that have left us and gone on to better things.

That must mean it’s definitely not gonna happen then 

1 hour ago, mad biker said:

What the bluddy hell are you on about man,  you said it`s the Leicester way that young players leave and develop into good players elsewhere, this is total clap trap, then you make snidey little comments like this, it`s not "how I want to think" it`s a fact, unless of course you can in some way substantiate what you are insinuating ??

No. I said “it’s the Leicester way” not “it’s the Leicester war that young players leave and develop into good players elsewhere”. 

The Leicester way - 

Lucas Perez scores his first goal since January against Leicester 

Shane Long scores his first goal for over a year against Leicester 

Jota scores more goals in one game than he had done all season at that time against Leicester 

Cardiff secure their first away win in the league against Leicester 

Troy Deeney scores his first goal for Watford since December against Leicester 

The Leicester way. There is just a handful of things regarding “the Leicester way” which was my commment all off the top of my head. 

3 hours ago, Bert said:

The Leicester way - 

Lucas Perez scores his first goal since January against Leicester 

Shane Long scores his first goal for over a year against Leicester 

Jota scores more goals in one game than he had done all season at that time against Leicester 

Cardiff secure their first away win in the league against Leicester 

Troy Deeney scores his first goal for Watford since December against Leicester 

The Leicester way. There is just a handful of things regarding “the Leicester way” which was my commment all off the top of my head. 

Loads of teams will have these sort of quirks go against them though, it isn't just us.

• Like 2

I suspect Rodgers will keep him this season to see if there is any improvement.

Personally I would like to see him sold on.

If we want to push for CL and top four place next season we need better players than him.

Whoops!

Just upset my missus! She rates and and thinks he is a good player.

The difference is I go to games every week, she sits at home and only sees glimpses of him on MOTD!  lol

7 hours ago, FIF said:

Gray is better than Albrighton.

Gray definitely has more skills and pace however Albrighton is the more effective player becuase he uses his head, sees the bigger picture - knows when to pass when to cross.

For example gray came on yday and quite quickly had a run at a tiring right back instead of taking him on the outside he took a soft soft from the edge of the box which was blocked 

If Brendon can help him with his decision Making we'll have a good player on our hands 

Gray just hasn't taken his chance. Seems to be a case of being unhappy not to get a chance then gets a game for a new manager and back to the bench again after inconsistency.

I've always regarded him as the first mis-step transfer wise after Pearson. He's got off quite lightly compared to others like Slimani,Musa, Benny, Dragovic even.

There was a gap without Mahrez but he hasn't made the most of it. If a club from the bottom half or even a newly promoted side showed an interest I'd be willing to listen to offers.

Edited by Blue ROI

Rodgers has already stated he’s in the market for a winger in the summer, one that has a different aspect to their game than we already have, that has the ability to make chances when teams sit in.

Out of the wingers we already have someone will have to leave, or be prepared for a lot of bench time imo and it’s a toss up between albrighton and gray, as Barnes in young and is clearly in his plans, the Algerian is gone anyway.

Against popular feelings on ft, not a fan of either, albrighton is very limited and don’t think his football abilities will suit Rodgers style, but does work hard which is enough for a lot on here, in a passing game his speed of thought is to slow, and suits a more direct game, and I don’t see that much improvement in gray since he signed.

If we want a pay day and we are offered 20 mill for gray again I would snap their hands off, and if we want to reduce the wage bill, I should imagine albrighton is on a pretty penny and I believe will be a squad player.

Not bothered either way, I suppose there is arguments to keep both or one or the other, but creativity is clear weakness in our team, and none of our wingers are good enough when teams sit in, so look forward to see who we get.