Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Demarai Gray

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Perhaps a player moves on,but so long as a young player wears the Foxes badge..he gets my support & encouragement..plus he does well for us,but posters go OTT,because he doesn't shine!! 5 times these last few weeks he's set up damn good scoring chances for a teammate,they have failed to convert,so no assist goes to his credit,and then overlooked by fans,and he isn't alone...Ghezzal or Albright on even Periera..have put it in possible assist,where either Vardy,or another teammate has fluffed the conversion,or the move has fizzled out!!

You're making too big an assumption that I and others don't support or encourage these players. I know full-well I am in the ground. This place is generally where I'll air views on what I've seen.

Made my view on him pretty clear so won't go through it all again but it's not a crime to not rate someone. Saying the whole forum can't pick a player is a bit daft. So if Gray doesn't come good, does this then apply to you too?

1 hour ago, Flappit said:

Watch the moment in the West Ham game early on when Vardy heads the ball back to Maddison, who cuts inside and hits a weak-ish left foot shot. Gray tosses his head in frustration that Maddison didn't pass to him (even though he was standing pretty much behind the defence by then) and, more tellingly, doesn't even follow the ball in. Every attacking player in the world knows you follow the ball in, just in case the keeper spills it, but Gray couldn't be bothered or it didn't even occur to him.  Admittedly Maddison could have passed to him earlier in the move but equally Gray could have made more room for Maddison's shot by making a more intelligent run to drag a defender wide instead of straight into the path of Maddison's shot.  He just doesn't have the basics right and shows no sign of wanting to work hard to correct it.  He needs to be loaned out or sold, for me.

This is the problem for me, the lack of footballing intelligence. You can’t teach that. 

There was a Sterling comparison a few pages back about how Pep coached him game awareness.. But Sterling already had it. When he burst onto the scene with Liverpool he was making crazy runs and creating chances just by his movement. He already had the tools, Pep just helped polish them to perfection.

Gray has no footballing intelligence and no coach will be able to improve that aspect of his game. No intelligence = always being a low level PL player or worse. Bin.

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

You're making too big an assumption that I and others don't support or encourage these players. I know full-well I am in the ground. This place is generally where I'll air views on what I've seen.

Made my view on him pretty clear so won't go through it all again but it's not a crime to not rate someone. Saying the whole forum can't pick a player is a bit daft. So if Gray doesn't come good, does this then apply to you too?

YUp...cos I am a good boy,true honest the whole day through..:rolleyes:

Vardy,Chilwell,etc have been great examples.Players vary and develop e totally different.So Like when I was an instructor internal tech-dozent,for youngsters and they have a different value and develop e across different stages...So I have learnt and discovered that patience and in a short time individuals can be moulded and  Develope from within themselves,and through some coaxing/coaching..I

Some need an arm,others just some space and a pool of thought,some a wise bollocking...

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

My friend..I am not against you...like you for the banter I just open another door,to another train of thought.

I prefer the positive perspective,then let it run until it's exhausted,and ran its course either with positive or negative outcome...

I don't question arrogantly,people's opinions,but bring for discussion another side of opinion...

On social-media it's difficult to fill the holes,without sounding brunt!!!nature of the beast...

• Like 1

Half get what you mean @fuchsntf, just think Gray's problem is how long it's gone on for. I think all the criticisms would be totally fair if they were of Barnes who's been here for about 10/11 games but Gray has been here over three years now. If he makes that sharp upturn in form (ie, consistent productivity in goals, creativity and assists) then he will succeed here. If he doesn't, quite simply I think we've got a manager who won't stand for it, and he's probably been the weakest link so far under Rodgers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

My friend..I am not against you...like you for the banter I just open another door,to another train of thought.

I prefer the positive perspective,then let it run until it's exhausted,and ran its course either with positive or negative outcome...

I don't question arrogantly,people's opinions,but bring for discussion another side of opinion...

On social-media it's difficult to fill the holes,without sounding brunt!!!nature of the beast...

This isn't about blind faith and optimism but evidence.

He made his professional debut 5.5 years ago and has played 200 games at club level and 35 games for England at junior level. He's 23 in a couple of months so the "potential card" is now wearing a bit thin. I've defended him for years but there has to be a cut off point and for me we are very close to the point if not already past it. If there was a serious buyer in the summer he should be sold. 

Assuming we sign Tielemans then there aren't many positions in our team we really need to upgrade but Gray is the obvious one. Just comparing our side to the benchmark sides of Man City and Liverpool  most of our team compare reasonably well to their players but the obvious shortcoming that we really fall short is their wide attacking threat is Mane/Salah and Sterling/Bernando Silva and we're a million miles behind that.

I know it's unlikely and a huge ask but if our two wide players could get 10 goals and 10 assists a season we'd be right up there challenging for a Champions League spot, the has to be the aim and Harvey Barnes may well turn into that player but it's increasingly unlikely Gray will ever be that. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

This isn't about blind faith and optimism but evidence.

He made his professional debut 5.5 years ago and has played 200 games at club level and 35 games for England at junior level. He's 23 in a couple of months so the "potential card" is now wearing a bit thin. I've defended him for years but there has to be a cut off point and for me we are very close to the point if not already past it. If there was a serious buyer in the summer he should be sold. 

Assuming we sign Tielemans then there aren't many positions in our team we really need to upgrade but Gray is the obvious one. Just comparing our side to the benchmark sides of Man City and Liverpool  most of our team compare reasonably well to their players but the obvious shortcoming that we really fall short is their wide attacking threat is Mane/Salah and Sterling/Bernando Silva and we're a million miles behind that.

I know it's unlikely and a huge ask but if our two wide players could get 10 goals and 10 assists a season we'd be right up there challenging for a Champions League spot, the has to be the aim and Harvey Barnes may well turn into that player but it's increasingly unlikely Gray will ever be that. 

Mahrez made this seem normal. It's absolutely not.

Only Sterling and Hazard look like doing it this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Mahrez made this seem normal. It's absolutely not.

Only Sterling and Hazard look like doing it this season.

That's why I said "it's unlikely and a huge ask".

Actually just looked and only five players have 10 or more assists this season. Plenty of non strikers have 10+ goals. My point is we have lots of goals from Vardy and Maddison and Tielemans will bang in far more than their fair share from those positions but we need goals from elsewhere and the wingers are the obvious culprits.  

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That's why I said "it's unlikely and a huge ask".

Actually just looked and only five players have 10 or more assists this season. Plenty of non strikers have 10+ goals. My point is we have lots of goals from Vardy and Maddison and Tielemans will bang in far more than their fair share from those positions but we need goals from elsewhere and the wingers are the obvious culprits.  

Yeah, I think if we keep Tielemans and get a winger that actually can deliver 10 goals himself and a further 10 goals for the team then we'll be in the top 6 for sure.

Just don't see it happening.

Gray's criticism is way over the top half the time. He hasn't progressed but we have had 3 new managers since in the last 3 years he's been at the club. i wouldn't write him off just yet. He's clearly talented. I wouldn't put him competing on the left side with albrighton. Albrighton is by far better, that's more of a reflection of how good Marc is for us. Puel gave him more game time but I don't think he was the manager to improve him. Hopefully Rogers can be that manager

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OldBob said:

Gray's criticism is way over the top half the time. He hasn't progressed but we have had 3 new managers since in the last 3 years he's been at the club. i wouldn't write him off just yet. He's clearly talented. I wouldn't put him competing on the left side with albrighton. Albrighton is by far better, that's more of a reflection of how good Marc is for us. Puel gave him more game time but I don't think he was the manager to improve him. Hopefully Rogers can be that manager

Agree,he doesn't a!always set the game on fire,but also be isn't has bad,as some poster will have..Hazard/Sterling have only just started to produce,after coaches kept their faith...I don't expect our players to reach those hights,but to do a good honest professional level.not forgetting all those so called better mentioned players,hav also their frustrating games,of looking goood,but not actually producing or converting anything...

• Like 1

Gray had the ability to be a top winger.

He just needs to pass instead of shoot.

In my eyes hes not a team player and wants the glory for himself.

Let's not waste our time and effort for people who only care about individual performance 

On 25/04/2019 at 13:41, Bert said:

Gray is going to be the player we’re hoping him to be. Sadly, that’ll only happen when he leaves us. 

Really think Brendan will make him a better player for next season he’s been patient with him since he’s arrived giving him game time seeing how he plays, think next season we will see a different improved Demarai Gray along with an improved Nacho too I’ll be surprised if we don’t see a much needed improvement in form from these two players Gray needs to know when to take on the player or pass and when and when not to shoot on goal Nacho he just really needs his confidence back we need to get the player we thought we were going to get from Man City rather than the low in confidence awful player we have now !