Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Leicester Charged by FA

Really odd, this.

The three goals in the second half were celebrated in front of the away fans.

Nothing worthwile reporting after we scored the opener as far as I can recall...

What incident are they talking about? Sounds so strange.

21 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

"Failure to control players"

Less fouls than Huddersfield and 0 yellow cards.

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah I thought it was odd. 

Wtf? 

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Really odd, this.

The three goals in the second half were celebrated in front of the away fans.

Nothing worthwile reporting after we scored the opener as far as I can recall...

What incident are they talking about? Sounds so strange.

When their penalty was given. 

Sadly this 'failure to control players' usually relates to isolated incidents and not the entirety of the game. Always been the case but as alluded to earlier, you see it happen in so many games yet no punishment given. 

I can only imagine something was included in the referee's report to lead the FA to this decision. 

Clearly the ref is trying a blame shifting exercise in his post match report for his poor refereeing.I just hope we don't just capitulate and pay up otherwise this ref's incompetent decisions will cost clubs millions over the years for lost places at the end of a season..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Assume it was when the players surrounded the ref after he gave the "penalty". You know, like the players of the big 6 do week in week out. 

So why didn't he just book them all if they were out of control?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Assume it was when the players surrounded the ref after he gave the "penalty". You know, like the players of the big 6 do week in week out. 

For a little bit of context here, Arsenal were found guilty of the exact same breach at Leicester last May when they protested the penalty, and they were fined £20k.

Man City were fined a total of £50k for two breaches of E20 vs Wigan in the Cup last season (if you accept the charge, you get fined £20k, but that increases to £30k if you protest the charge and are found guilty. Man City accepted one charge but lost their appeal on the other).

[source: thefa.com]

Every team at every level surrounds the ref to complain about penalties. E20 charges for "failing to control players" (more specifically, for "surrounding the referee") aren't that common, but the FA does seem to apply this fairly objectively and only for pretty blatant examples.

Edited by Jordan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jordan said:

For a little bit of context here, Arsenal were found guilty of the exact same breach at Leicester last May when they protested the penalty, and they were fined £20k.

Man City were fined a total of £50k for two breaches of E20 vs Wigan in the Cup last season (if you accept the charge, you get fined £20k, but that increases to £30k if you protest the charge and are found guilty. Man City accepted one charge but lost their appeal on the other).

Every team at every level surrounds the ref to complain about penalties. E20 charges for "failing to control players" (more specifically, for "surrounding the referee") aren't that common, but the FA does seem to apply this fairly objectively and only for pretty blatant examples.

Yep - I don’t see the problem - it looked fairly excessive to me - if the club can show instances where the same level of reaction hasn’t led to a charge then they can save themselves 20k - otherwise pay it 

the quality of the refs decision is irrelevant 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1