Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, Walkers said:

When did a side last get promoted and spend as little as they have? Not sure if thats ballsy or ignorant

Yeah I was discussing this with a customer earlier, it is abit weird. Don’t really know much about Norwich and their owners these days though. Either they don’t care if they go down due to the financial rewards or they genuinely think they have enough as they are.

As a newly promoted Norwich fan I imagine you’d be really excited, then within half an hour it’s hello football reality! Still take heart as I imagine not many teams will come away with any points at Anfield. 

Just now, Unabomber said:

Yeah I was discussing this with a customer earlier, it is abit weird. Don’t really know much about Norwich and their owners these days though. Either they don’t care if they go down due to the financial rewards or they genuinely think they have enough as they are.

Probably that any half decent players are not going to sign for Norwich. They needed to cherry pick from the previous seasons relegated clubs and hope for the best.

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

As a newly promoted Norwich fan I imagine you’d be really excited, then within half an hour it’s hello football reality! Still take heart as I imagine not many teams will come away with any points at Anfield. 

We were one of very few last year weren’t we? They’ll take some stopping this year I think, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Why would you get promoted and not strengthen your team

Norwich’s unimproved defense (mediocre even in the Championship) is going to vaporize the “better to keep the lads together than do a Fulham” theory.  We’ll see how Villa do with the opposite approach.

The truth is so obviously in the middle -- keep the spine of what got you there, but invest where you are obviously weak or thin by PL standard.

• Like 2

Just trying to rack my brains as to when we got promoted, I don’t think we invested too heavily, Ulloa being the obvious big signing, but kept faith in a lot of our championship players, did marvels for us in the end!