Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

If the referee is unsure and/or wants to see an incident again, he should have a right to access a dugout VAR video screen and assess it in his own time there.

Not just rely get decisions from external people from some car park office block container that aren't present in the stadium.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Does our form stay bad if we get the penalties i've mentioned? No, not for me.

Maybe not, the Man City game was the worst with us having two clear penalties turned down and theirs being given.

Just have to hope we can go all out in the last four.

11 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

This used to happen all the time for united in the 90s and 00s. In a tricky game, not getting the breakthrough, given a penalty. Go on to win 3-0 or so and people basically say the first goal didn't really matter....

Yes, it was like this: talk about the subsequent goal and how they 'deserved' the lead...

1793781847_Screenshot_20200709-212740_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.bdedcd16d65e172509328623b9a095ec.jpg

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It’s not though is it.

If there’s an agenda somewhere to fix games in their favour it’s not going to have started in the last few weeks is it.

Only here could this even be a discussion 😂

You all sound like this bloke

Started years ago when Alex Ferguson used to harass referees. Never seen any other manager do it like him.

Edited by Fox92

So you're telling me that the officials on VAR - who are supposed to be professionals of the very highest level - are actually this inept? It honestly can't be possible. Game's ****ed.

It's nowhere near a one off incident this either. Hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist and it seems absurd to even suggest it, but I'm convinced it's corrupt. 

• Like 4

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Every club in the league thinks the FA has an agenda against them but it is getting increasingly difficult to not think the referees are biased with decisions, they probably don't even realise they're doing it. 

That’s a fair comment, to claim there is some sort of deliberate agenda is something very different. Might as well just rename this place the fighting fox and accuse them of taking PEDS while we are at it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Agree. I hate that about modern football, being a cheat is now being 'clever'. There's nothing clever about cheating to win a pen.

Agree and disagree at the same time.

Your comment should be correct.

But when they're all at it and getting away with it, you're a bit naive to not get involved. And that's what I think we are at times.

That's not to say we'd get as many given as United, of course.

1 minute ago, Goober said:

So you're telling me that the officials on VAR - who are supposed to be professionals of the very highest level - are actually this inept? It honestly can't be possible. Game's ****ed.

It's nowhere near a one off incident this either. Hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist and it seems absurd to even suggest it, but I'm convinced it's corrupt. 

Yes essentially.

Its not the first time this has happened is it, there are bizarre decisions made in every major international tournament and in one league or another in Europe most weeks.

Its sad but it just does not work.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Every club in the league thinks the FA has an agenda against them but it is getting increasingly difficult to not think the referees are biased with decisions, they probably don't even realise they're doing it. 

This is probably close to it ....refs are star struck ..... Bruno Fernandes and konsa ..... must be the clogger who has fouled him ...... and the VAR is impotent .....

On 08/07/2020 at 21:14, The Horse's Mouth said:

I dont agree with him, but tbf to him he does make some good points. The more clubs continue to expand into pure businesses and are being used in the case of Man City to sportswash an entire country on their human rights issue .etc. it does make you think how far does blind loyalty go are you willing to be a contributing factor in that or turn a blind eye and say i only care about the football. I dont think I personally could ever switch alleigenace though.

Say our owners killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people by bombing and starving them to death while killing women for being raped etc etc

Would you still want to give them your money and time?

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If the referee is unsure and/or wants to see an incident again, he should have a right to access a dugout VAR video screen and assess it in his own time there.

Not just rely get decisions from external people from some car park office block container that aren't present in the stadium.

I don't understand how Stockley park checking over and over again and subsequently worrying about the on-pitch ref's feelings is any quicker than the on-pitch ref just jogging over to the screen immediately after any penalty decision.

I am seriously worried if it comes down to the last game of the season. Not even that man united are the better side but just the fact that the amount of bias there is towards them and the ‘big 6’. I can see them getting a dodgy penalty like earlier in the season which cost us.

Edited by LCFCJ

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Agree and disagree at the same time.

Your comment should be correct.

But when they're all at it and getting away with it, you're a bit naive to not get involved. And that's what I think we are at times.

That's not to say we'd get as many given as United, of course.

Moss would have sent Vardy off for that, not given a pen

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yes essentially.

Its not the first time this has happened is it, there are bizarre decisions made in every major international tournament and in one league or another in Europe most weeks.

Its sad but it just does not work.

It's one or the other for me, and both answers are seriously depressing.